SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:52 AM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Discussion
FDR pro + Osd pro not working?

I have FRD pro, try connecting to OSD pro on "FCC TX" port but not working. Try to detec on Data Recorder software by connecting USB to PC and frozen! but if I disconnect OSD pro from FRD, then software recognizing my FRD pro..Any helps? Thanks
ekozxx is offline Find More Posts by ekozxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, and sorry for the issue. First, can you confirm that your OSD Pro's cable is connected at the correct port, in the correct orientation, as shown in page 7 of the manual here? Note that the red wire should be on the right side of the recorder.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Yes I connected as manual said..but not working.. I buy this FDR 3 years ago and used just for logger using USB (not with OSD pro, I usually using e-logger+OSD pro) and worked properly. I buy another OSD pro and plan to combine with FDR but not working. Could you tell me what pin should I have to check with AVO meter for deciding it's normal or not? or Maybe I send to you?
Last edited by ekozxx; Jan 28, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:01 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, I should have asked before: what version of our software (under help, about) are you running? We will get that set up here and see if we can reproduce the issue with the FDR.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Thanks for fast reply..My software version is 10.53
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, when you run the software, and click "Firmware Control" (without the OSD connected to the recorder) are you able to update the recorder's firmware version?

If so, after update, could you try to connect the OSD Pro again, and see if the software still hangs?

If so, would you be able to attach a photo showing how you have the OSD pro connected to the recorder? Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
If I connect FDR only to Notebook is ok, Data Recorder software recognize and FRD led blinked..But If I connect FDR + OSD, Data recorder hangs and FDR Led turning off.

[/IMG]

This was how I connected FDR + OSD

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi, and thanks for the additional information. Your connection is correct. One of three things could be causing this:

1) The FDR may have failed.
2) The OSD Pro's cable may be damaged or broken. If it's never been used, that is very unlikely.
3) The OSD Pro may have failed. This is also very unlikely if it's not been used.

My best guess is that the issue is with the FDR, but we probably should check both pieces. Please open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, and we'll start the process.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Thank you Billpa,

I think only FDR failed because OSD-pro works properly with my e-logger V4. I will send FDR to you soon. Thanks
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Hi Billpa,

I just received FDR, it's brandnew FDR replacing mine and paid just for $50. I tested and working properly with my OSD pro..Thank you very much for your after sales service, I'm very satisfied..
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Great news - glad things are working for you now!
Site Sponsor