HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:43 AM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Discussion
That Broken Leg's Gotta Hurt

Yeah, I know I made some resolutions about not being stupid and flying a quad down here. And after breaking a motor end car and a rotor on my FIRST Hubsan X4 because of poor flying and and no real room I decided to buy some spare parts on the same day BG supply went down to zero.

I found a new set of motors and blades and when I took the casing apart I thought "Do I really want to micro solder AGAIN after I running the wire down the obstacle course like leg? The answer was "on a good day when I have nothing else to do".

The solution was to spend list price on a SECOND X4 from CA I received in a few days and on the low rate slowly fly in the Office of Hell for a few days and watch a few vids to make sure I was doing things right including calibration.

It took 25 clicks right out the box to trim the X4 and fortunately the sliding gauge failed to pick up the movement.

Things were going well till I sped things up trying to do 180 turns and flying back to me, that's when the big hits began and the legs began popping out of the construction joints near the motor. A simple fix till I hit the walls twice and broke one of the legs.

Fortunately I was able to put it back in place and CA it together.

See attached photo for the broken leg and note the small slot in the back made with my Dremel to ease battery removal.

Let's review.

I will not fly a quad in my office.

One more thing, go to YT and search "Traxxis QR-1 Flips" and say "Hi" to Keli for me.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
Last edited by Pancari; Jan 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts