HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:11 PM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Just had a look on the sports turbine site and they are selling the JJJ for just over 900 euros which is even more of a good price but I am not sure if they are modded in any way, perhaps they could comment on that?.
Hi we buy them from the factory and sell as is without tear down as your aware there is a warranty from Jet Joe and Jason and ourselves will stand 100% with that. My background is a turbo compressor engineer (atlas Copco and Ingersoll Rand) I have 30 years in precision engineering . If Jet Joe products where currently so risky of a purchase then I certainly wouldn't want to be involved with them. The products have evolved to where they are today and are much more reliable at a reasonable price compared to some other brands. Thank you for your information request
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:15 PM
winkybone
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Yes I am looking at a small turbine but am unable to come up with Jetcat prices these days so am finding this thread interesting and hope that someone comes up with a JJJ for you to test and to read your findings.
In today's tough economic times free testing equipment could really only be provided by the manufacturer not distributors. If someone has the equipment then I suggest providing an appraisal of the equipment and procedure to Jason at Jet Joe direct then if it meets the criteria of an independent appraisal I am sure Jet Joe would comply.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:06 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang1 View Post
Probably a little optimistic. A friend went the lightweight route with the Falcon 120 with a Wren 44 gold (10 pounds) & the performance was not wonderful, the engine spent a lot of time at high power settings just to get it to fly properly. I'ts a big, draggy airframe no matter how light you make it.

I'm flying a Bobcat 50 with a 7 pound Wren 44 & it flys fine, probably a better, low cost option for a 5 pound thrust engine, depending of course that you do, actually, get 5 pounds. - John.
My first turbine was from Peter at altecare:
about mid page, i also had a wren 44 gold on a bobcat 50.
http://www.altecare.com/customers.htm
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:22 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone View Post
Sorry for not answering sooner we have been on a vacation so I was off line . If you want to test a JJJ that's good with me send me your email address I will send you my IBAN and invoice at cost and after the test return the JJJ and I can return you funds , how does that sound ?
I'm not buying one to test... I still do offer my services if you change your mind.

You are also welcome to buy the test bench from HAB, email amir@hab.se for reseller prices. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11158642
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:53 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
friday is the day!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:27 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston View Post
friday is the day!
Decided which one to get yet?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
friday is the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Decided which one to get yet?
What did you get !!
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:41 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
No not yet
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Well i talked to CRX and i have a JJJ on order from there! you guys will be the first to see the pictures when i open the box.It will take about two weeks to order/build and test so im told.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:37 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Well i talked to CRX and i have a JJJ on order from there! you guys will be the first to see the pictures when i open the box.It will take about two weeks to order/build and test so im told.
SWEET !!!

Regardless of what I said, or how I feel..... CONGRATS on the new engine. And... I hope they have improved. I really would like one to add to my fleet.

Is it supposed to be the new auto-start version?? (or air start)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:53 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
auto start
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:14 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,839 Posts
Quote:
Cool :-) while at it order the HAB-testbench to get some thrust readings too :-)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:07 PM
winkybone
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
I'm not buying one to test... I still do offer my services if you change your mind.

You are also welcome to buy the test bench from HAB, email amir@hab.se for reseller prices. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11158642
Didn't think you would put your hand in your pocket can't see why not if you get a full refund on return of the engine ?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:31 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Mar 2005
924 Posts
Quote:
In today's tough economic times free testing equipment could really only be provided by the manufacturer not distributors. If someone has the equipment then I suggest providing an appraisal of the equipment and procedure to Jason at Jet Joe direct then if it meets the criteria of an independent appraisal I am sure Jet Joe would comply.
Quote:
Didn't think you would put your hand in your pocket can't see why not if you get a full refund on return of the engine ?

Let me get this straight.

Someone with a reputation for operating, testing & posting results from small turbines makes an offer to do the same for the Jet Joe Junior. His time, fuel, hassle.

The European 'distributor' then says for the tester to contact the manufacturer himself to arrange everything so the engine can be tested which would (you would think) benefit the distributor (unless, of course the engine proves to be rubbish). I thought the 'distributor' would be the go-between.

Or... the 'distributor' generously offers to sell the tester the engine so the tester can do all the work, and, supposed get his money back following return of the enine after the review? And if the engine fails or has a lousy review?

Then the 'distributor' as good as tells the guy offering to review the engine that he's a tight a$$ because he doesn't want to buy an engine to help the 'distributor' promote his product?

John.
Boomerang1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomerang1
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:01 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
What's cost? Pm me

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone View Post
Sorry for not answering sooner we have been on a vacation so I was off line . If you want to test a JJJ that's good with me send me your email address I will send you my IBAN and invoice at cost and after the test return the JJJ and I can return you funds , how does that sound ?
Last edited by littlepiston; Feb 02, 2013 at 10:02 PM.