Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:53 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston View Post
Hmm I have no idea how to get ahold of lambert or even dial the number
Haha, if you have problems operating a phone I think a jetjoe might not be the right way either
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Mar 2005
914 Posts
Quote:
i own a rabbit,wren SS,wren 44 so im not new to turbines
Sorry, your first post sounded like a noob.

With 3 quality turbines you probably have been more than happy with their peformance.

You are aware of the procedures & problems these engines can present so you are, at least, making an informed choice.

I guess, being a Wren owner, I sort of resent the way JetJoe has used the usual chinese R & D proocess
(recieve & duplicate) to blatantly copy the hard work & development that small companies put in & at the same time offer
none of the service, spares backup we take for granted from ethical people like the Wren company or Martin Lambert.

Personally, what I have always found is when I buy cheap a few months & problems later I start thinking 'I wish I had spent a few bucks more & bought EXACTLY what I wanted in the first place'.

Good luck! John.
Boomerang1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomerang1
Last edited by Boomerang1; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:35 AM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Please stop knocking Jet Joe products please
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:36 AM
winkybone
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Mar 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
So i have been saving up for a bit and i have the funds to order a JJJ but would like to know what you guys think, should i get a P20 or a Kolibri??
If i get the kolibri it would be the T25.
What would be the advantages and disadvantages for all three?
We have Jet Juniors in stock at sportsturbine
winkybone is offline Find More Posts by winkybone
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Give me a price shipped to USA I'm about ready to pull trigger
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:55 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone View Post
We have Jet Juniors in stock at sportsturbine
You still have not answerd if you want to let me test the JJJr.(I might have missed it though) Then we would all know instead of guessing.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:45 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
You still have not answerd if you want to let me test the JJJr.(I might have missed it though) Then we would all know instead of guessing.
I agree.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:40 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkybone View Post
Please stop knocking Jet Joe products please
Fine... I will. But... you have to give me an UNQUESTIONED LIFE TIME warranty, like Jet Central does. (assuming I send it in for it's 25 hr check-up)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:20 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Ok this thread is to share& compare experience with small turbine Not to start a brand trashing thread. Trust me when I say that they all have there problems and I have two of the three major brands IMO.

An life time warrantee dose not Guarantee Reliability, if anything it proves that they have more problems they are aware of and will fix it for a fee
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:00 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:

An life time warrantee dose not Guarantee Reliability, if anything it proves that they have more problems they are aware of and will fix it for a fee
I agree. BUT... they will get fixed.

I've know a few engines, from reputable brands, that have pitched the compressor, and the owner will basically get a new engine. I've seen a bunch of threads where JJ guys have warranty claims... and they will get a set of bearings, or a new part... but then the next time they have a prob... they are SOL.

Don't get me wrong... I was all for an inexpensive turbine, and I was hoping that JJ engines would be OK. BUT... they weren't. Heck... the 2 original USA distributors both got away from them because of the warranty, and running issues.

With that all said... The JJJ isn't that bad... assuming it's built properly. And, as far as I know... Bret is the only guy who can do it. (commercially)

So... finally... Winkybone... In regards to this thread... I'm not bashing. I was simply stating the FACTS. AND... I think the JJJ is a good engine, as long as you buy it from Ausi-Jets.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:03 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Sounds like the OP was not looking for facts or a comparison, just wanted some positive reinforcement to buy JJ

Why would you not get the p-20? You KNOW it will work right. Its way more usable too. 3.5# thrust from the JJ wont get you very far, and manual start with the blower really limits what you can install it in. So its really kinda a novelty you can put on a stryker or something.
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:51 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Yeah I am considering it
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:03 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
I just don't like a thread that has strash everywhere because in the future some is going to have he same question and there going to find this thread.

If you want to post that brand sux,go to RCU. There is plenty of threads that are crapped up with useless this brand sux ,,,this one is awesome because I received a part from the dealer next day and so on. No one wants to hear that unless a thread is specifically started in thy regards. So enough with this I Did in fact start this thread to find some that may have been running a Jet Joe Junior BUT no seems to own one at all.
Last edited by littlepiston; Jan 18, 2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Sorry for spelling this iPhone only likes to text :D