Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:20 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,504 Posts
Oh come on, Chuck...you're slackin' !

I come from the desert for a refit before heading back out and still no Glasair review???

My, how rough your job must be....!

Just kidding, mate! Anxiously awaiting Chuck T's opinion of this cool looking model

John
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:23 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
hope to do shoot un-boxing video today! maiden won't be till the weekend when Corinne comes to visit. so with a bit of luck the un-boxing should be up tomorrow I haven't even opened the box yet to have a look myself been so busy as it seems my "Millionth View" is coming up and i am trying hard to arrange a little something to celebrate Watch out for that

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Mar 2012
97 Posts
Chuck T.! I we're dying to see a flight video of the Glasiar!
w1indse7 is offline Find More Posts by w1indse7
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:48 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman Un-Boxing Build Review

I was asked if i could do a review of this new learners plane from HobbyZone the Glasair Sportsman. So thought i'd go the whole way and not only un-box and build it but fly it with the Transmitter that comes with it! The HobbyZone Glasair come equipped with a "Virtual Instructor" which quickly gets you used of the controls. Then as you progress with your flying you can turn it off and fly the plane just like any other 4ch plane. So sit back and have a look at this Un-boxing Review

cheers chuck

PS hope to get out to fly the maiden tomorrow the wind has been terrible here

Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman Un-Boxing Build Review (11 min 33 sec)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:02 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
haha well guys i decided i couldn't wait so seeing as i stayed down in town last night and i wanted to talk to Mike about a little comp i will have coming up on my channel soon i decided to head down and pick up the model myself from OMP and i can tell you WOW! does it look nice, it's huge

will still have to wait a day or three for this one though as at the moment i have the Parkzone VisionAire, Hobbyzone Glassair and the new Blade mCPX BL Brushless heli with Hamish on the controls to edit down and publish

ChuckT is gonna be a busy boy
Chuck...just how do you continue to get your hands on so many Horizon Hobby products that have not been released to the public yet! Are you a Horizon Hobby employee?
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
Winter is coming.
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Jan 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
I was asked if i could do a review of this new learners plane from HobbyZone the Glasair Sportsman. So thought i'd go the whole way and not only un-box and build it but fly it with the Transmitter that comes with it! The HobbyZone Glasair come equipped with a "Virtual Instructor" which quickly gets you used of the controls. Then as you progress with your flying you can turn it off and fly the plane just like any other 4ch plane. So sit back and have a look at this Un-boxing Review

cheers chuck
Looks nice Chuck. Can't wait to see how it fly's. I am just starting with the HZ Champ, and this looks like it will be a great next step plane.
JerryT87 is offline Find More Posts by JerryT87
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:36 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Chuck...just how do you continue to get your hands on so many Horizon Hobby products that have not been released to the public yet! Are you a Horizon Hobby employee?
No mate totally independent no one tells me to do anything 3 years back David Eichstedt from Horizon Hobby saw some of my vids and liked them. He met me when he came to Australia and introduced me to the local importer OMP and slowly we struck up a mutual agreement and ever since i have been given certain products to un-box/review "ChuckT Style" and it seemed the world like them too, so they now give me more to review these days as my reviews are from a novice just like a lot of their customer not the Pros you see from the company, who i must say are awesome to watch and show the products "Full" capabilities it's just that most of us can't fly like that

Don't know if anyone noticed but HH have seen the success of my videos doing so well, that in the last promo video of the VisionAire they get an Amateur in along with a Pro to show you how it flys, i'm chuffed to think that they are copying my ideas as is Modelflight now doing their own un-boxing and flight videos too

anyway back to the Glasair Sportsman! I must admit i am looking forward to getting this one in the air to see how it goes, i have an 82yr old pilot i fly with, who is very interested in it as his reflexes are just not like what they used to be and he loves the scale look and the virtual instructor to help him keep flying

hopefully today the wind is being a real

cheers chuck
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:52 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,504 Posts
Well, all that aside, we love you Chuck...keep up the videos !

Great job on the unboxing and build video....can't wait to see you flying it and get your initial impressions....I'll bet this one's a doozy !

Cheers mate,
John
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:01 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
well guys i'm sorry to say, the evening is closing in and the wind has been blowing over 35kph all day and still is so no maiden this weekend it will be next weekend now before the camera girl will be here to shoot the footage for us

sorry about that

cheers chuck
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:47 AM
Aviator
Australia, NSW, Anna Bay
Joined Aug 2011
104 Posts
Looks nice but I don't think the light blue windows look right... I would make them black I think. Otherwise from what I have seen so far it looks like a winner. Can't wait to see Chuck Ts maiden.
warrenlead is offline Find More Posts by warrenlead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hunter Valley Champs 2014
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:48 PM
Horizon Employee
Joined Jan 2006
84 Posts
Hi Chuck,

The first video looks great! Cant wait to see what you think of it in the air.

One word of caution though. PLEASE connect the elevator pushrod to the horn in the hole recomended in the manual, which is one hole in from the outermost. This is IMPORTANT. If the linkages are not in the correct holes, Virtual Instructor will not work properly.

The outer hole in the elevator will not let the active mixing put in enough elevator in turns and you will not have enough elevator to flair properly on landing.

Otherwise great! Can't wait for the flight report!
mmcconville is offline Find More Posts by mmcconville
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcconville View Post
Hi Chuck,

The first video looks great! Cant wait to see what you think of it in the air.

One word of caution though. PLEASE connect the elevator pushrod to the horn in the hole recomended in the manual, which is one hole in from the outermost. This is IMPORTANT. If the linkages are not in the correct holes, Virtual Instructor will not work properly.

The outer hole in the elevator will not let the active mixing put in enough elevator in turns and you will not have enough elevator to flair properly on landing.

Otherwise great! Can't wait for the flight report!
thanks Mike i must of missed that when i did the build, i will go add an annotation to my video so it gives the correct information don't want people doing the wrong thing

again thanks for that

cheers chuck

EDIT# Done!
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 28, 2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:11 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,202 Posts
hello,

i am new to this forum,followed the link through from google to here,i am not new to planes though have had them for many years including r/c cars.i actually race the r/c cars,but love flying,i think it's really where my heart belongs.

anyway,i have one of these pre-ordered with a local model shop,just got back in to model r/c planes this year after a 10year break. started this christmas with a firebird stratos,technolagy has vastly improved,it's amazing the changes,some of these planes now adays almost fly themselves.

i really liked the video there you done,it's great to watch a video when the reviewer speaks so clearly!!

like i said,i have one ordered with local shop but even they are not sure when they will arrive,they say mid feb...
any ideas of the dates? i have paid a deposit but they are unsure.

cheers
flightpunch
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:08 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,398 Posts
Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman Maiden with ChuckT

After missing out last weekend we finally got out to maiden the new Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman with Virtual Instructor built in. I flew this plane as it comes out of the box with a DX4e and found it flew just like stated in the blurb that comes with it. It took off and landed the grass with ease and was a pleasure to fly. With the Virtual Instructor turned on it was near on impossible to get the wing to dip and stall, making it is very easy to get it back flying normal. The battery Bay is shapped to take an 1800mAh battery by the looks of it and i got 9 minutes flying with the stock 1300mAh battery till i heard the first pulse of the motor which i landed straight after, the battery took 1130 mA. so maybe set your timers to 8 minutes to start with. I must say the battery tray looks like it is formed to hold an 1800mAh to 2200mAh battery so extra flight time could be gained there if you really needed it? All up a very nice scale learners plane that could be modified to make an excellent full house scale plane if wanted

cheers chuck

Hobbyzone Glasair Sportsman Maiden with ChuckT (7 min 1 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
449 Posts
intrigued
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin