HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:59 PM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2013
181 Posts
Help!
Video : Help with this strange quad behaviour

Hi, I have been flying my quadcopter for just over a month, flew great. Then went on holidays and took it with me, didn't actually use it though. I don't remember it being bumped against anything. Now when I am flying I get very jerky movements while hovering. Have decided to stop flying it till I know whats going on.

Only thing different is that I have bought new 4s 5000 mah batteries, before I was using dual 4s 3100 mah in parallel. flew great for around 20 minutes or so. New batteries are much lighter.

I am using 10 inch props all balanced, total weight of quad is 1.55 kg

Please help, could it be a motor or ESC? Video link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uSpBnODGSE0
only20gp is offline Find More Posts by only20gp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:04 PM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,142 Posts
Put the old batteries back on and see if normal operation is restored. You say that the new batteries are much lighter, meaning you've reduced the overall weight of the rig. Is it possible that you need to retune the PIDs to compensate for the weight change?

I think trying the original battery setup may tell you a lot. If it's still screwy, you have some troubleshooting to do.
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2013
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR View Post
Put the old batteries back on and see if normal operation is restored. You say that the new batteries are much lighter, meaning you've reduced the overall weight of the rig. Is it possible that you need to retune the PIDs to compensate for the weight change?

I think trying the original battery setup may tell you a lot. If it's still screwy, you have some troubleshooting to do.

Thanks for the help... not sure what you meant by Pid though. Ic cant be the battery though cuz i used to switch between dual 3100 mah 4s and 5000 mah 3s which are even lighter than the current ones i used. I suspect a bad bullet connector
only20gp is offline Find More Posts by only20gp
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:25 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,428 Posts
PIDs are the gains in your flight controller, they need to be adjusted when you first build the system. Significant weight changes would mean they need changing
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ