Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:55 PM
rwp
rwp
Joined Nov 2003
503 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Why can't this TX be used to fly a plane??

Just re-program it. My $50 Turnigy can fly ANYTHING. Why cant this thing?
The only difference in the heli model is the left stick is smooth and doesn't have the clicks. I fly airplanes with my heli transmitter all the time and actually prefer no clicks. The little spring that makes the click can be put back in also if he wants to keep the transmitter.
rwp is offline Find More Posts by rwp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:17 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwp View Post
The only difference in the heli model is the left stick is smooth and doesn't have the clicks. I fly airplanes with my heli transmitter all the time and actually prefer no clicks. The little spring that makes the click can be put back in also if he wants to keep the transmitter.
Yup.

Also in my opinion a Heli TX is better to have than an AC TX. Generally speaking the Heli TX has MORE available options (ie Heli and AC mixes etc.) and is therefore more desirable.....but thats just me.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:40 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,327 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
WHY DOESN'T MERCURY JUST SELL IT HIMSELF? to someone else. buyer messed up. take new pics and resell.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:42 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
371 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
I should just stay out of this...but I can't help myself. The whole situation is so ridiculous.

Just send the TX back, and you'll get a refund. That's how it's ALWAYS done. I don't know anyone in the world who would refund your money without having the merchandise back. Try doing that at Walmart and see what you get.

The idea that sending the radio back leaves you with nothing is true, but it was true when you first sent him a bunch of money too. You sent him money, and (due to the gift situation) you had no defense at all if he didn't send the TX. So if you send him back the radio now, what makes you think that he WON'T refund your money? He has already shown that he will follow through with the transaction.

Finally, I don't see what all the fuss is about with the airplane vs heli radio. They're virtually the same. I have only one radio, a heli radio, and I own more planes than helicopters. It works great...in fact, the heli version has all the swash settings that the airplane version doesn't have, but it still has all the airplane settings too. So it's possible you got an "upgrade" over the airplane radio you thought you bought.

All that said, I understand it was not as advertised, and there's a very good path to rectify the situation here. Send the radio back, with a tracking number and insurance, and he'll refund your money. You trusted him to send the radio in the first place (and he did) and now you need to trust that he'll refund your money. Since there are now a couple dozen people involved in this thread, and probably 5x that amount watching it, I don't see much of a chance the seller would renege on the refund.

For what it's worth, I would have stopped talking to you after the "take things into my own hands" comment. Try being polite. A "please" "thank you" and "sorry" will go a long way in this world.
Chubbs is online now Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
i did and....it got takin out of context...
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,870 Posts
Trader Rating: 599
Excellent post Chubbs. Too bad you didn't post that hours ago - this thread would've had wayyyyy fewer pages
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:43 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,460 Posts
Trader Rating: 107
First - I think you both learned a lesson as to why you never, ever pay (or receive) PayPal payment as a gift. I've turned down a payment or two in my day when it was paid as a gift. And any auction that wants a Gift payment to "avoid fees" I just keep on cruisin'.

Second - I can understand that you expected a 9CAP and got a 9CHG. Aside from the fact that the heli doesn't have detents on the throttle channel and it defaults to heli programming, it's basically the same radio as a 9CAP. Simply change the aircraft type to ACRO and you're done. Unless your desire not to keep the radio runs deeper than that.

The whole text-speak thing has been beaten to death, ad-nauseum, in other threads so I'll refrain from it in here.

Good luck on a resolution that satisfies you both.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:45 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Ugh, another one added to the igor list.
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipriangugu View Post
ugh, another one added to the igor list.
yup!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
318 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
I've been thinking through this whole agonizing ordeal that the buyer got an upgrade, for goodness sake. He got more radio than he bargained for. If he really needs a ratchet on the throttle stick. put one in. Jeez. I have a 7C heli radio and don't have any helis at all. And I love it. I love the smooth throttle stick. If this is not satisfactory to the buyer, if he can't understand that he won here, then there is something else bugging him. Maybe that "clean up" cleaned up something he didn't want to clean up. He's way too insistent here that the seller refund money before he ships and his tone is very confrontational. That radio needs to go back before any money is sent.
JollyPopper200 is offline Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:47 PM
flypiggyfly...ya ya
USA, WI, Sturgeon Bay
Joined Apr 2009
116 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
There is a term that I think applies here: "Pig Headed", pun intended!
wizzinbya is offline Find More Posts by wizzinbya
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Trader Rating: 182
Im going to sleep on it, thanks for the input guys.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
2,989 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Are we seriously going 6 or 10 pages on this one? Both parties admit to making a mistake, Both parties are at the resolution table. Nobody tried to screw anybody. Somebody has to be the bigger man now. Whether that means man up and ship it, or man up and buy it back doesn't matter, we will all forget after it's over. The only evidence will be in a name search when the next buyer or seller considers either of these gents to do business with and looks here as I do before entering into any sale...

I have some planes to sell but I thinkn i'll keep em!
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Closed Thread