SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
lets do it this way . easy cure... you just send me the paypal...like your buying and make shure you pay not as a gift this way your insurance that your getting it...and i going to send it back with insurance and tracking number...we both get what we promised.......
thats sounds much better send me pay request,
...solved...waiting on payment
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,099 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurypro View Post
lets do it this way . easy cure... you just send me the paypal...like your buying and make shure you pay not as a gift this way your insurance that your getting it...and i going to send it back with insurance and tracking number...we both get what we promised.......
Sounds reasonable.... really
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:01 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
920 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
trader rating means nothing and should NEVER be used to decide between two people. There have been people here with incredible trader ratings that wound up scamming a ton of people in the end. Trader ratings are numbers and say very little about a persons trustworthiness.
Well we will have to agree to disagree. My trader rating tells people exactly what type of trader i am.

I am aware of the ones that went bad, but most of them were due to poor communication on both parts.
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:02 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,362 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Sounds reasonable.... really
Ya, I agree... if Mercury is going to absorb the fees, with an actual "goods" transaction.. then why not.. you have the protection of Paypal. A small inconvenience for the buyer to get this resolved as he wishes.

But here's to hoping you two can resolve this soon, as seems to me, there are some good options on the table, now.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:05 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Mercury, that's just not how it's done. Send the controller back. For all he knows, you could have swapped TX's or taken parts out. And your insistence on getting paid first makes it seem that much more likely.

You want protection? That's why you don't use paypal gift for goods. If you hadn't you would have had your protection. You screwed yourself out of protection, and now insist the seller provides it for you after the fact. While you consider it a fair solution, it just makes you look really sketchy to anyone who's done a good deal of internet transactions.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
I like Runnnnnning

Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Re: how to solve
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurypro
thats sounds much better send me pay request,<<< fg replyed
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:10 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
Trader Rating: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Mercury, that's just not how it's done. Send the controller back. For all he knows, you could have swapped TX's or taken parts out. And your insistence on getting paid first makes it seem that much more likely.

You want protection? That's why you don't use paypal gift for goods. If you hadn't you would have had your protection. You screwed yourself out of protection, and now insist the seller provides it for you after the fact. While you consider it a fair solution, it just makes you look really sketchy to anyone who's done a good deal of internet transactions.
Good point never thought about that, Although I was considering his offer.
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,531 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
the problem i have ...is if i send t back..i have nothing...he has the radio and my money promised...paypal cant help me becasue the way i payed..see my point?>.
You have his trader rating and this 'transparent' thread with promises. Get to the post office and return the tx. BTW...that was a threat.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I didn't see who made the decision/request to pay as gift and I think that factors into who needs to man up...

If Forrest Gump (the seller) requested he pay as gift then he needs to suck it up and agree to Mercury's (the buyers) return terms of doing a goods transaction via paypal.

If Mercury (the buyer) sent as gift without being asked then he needs to suck it up and return it before getting a refund as Forest Gump (seller) requested.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:11 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels
United States, NJ, Blairstown
Joined May 2012
411 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
I feel that Forest GUMP should but the radio back using PayPal. DO NOT send payment as a gift. THen mercurypro can send the transmitter back. Next When FG receives the Transmitter he can just check it out and make sur MP didnt minipulate at all. This solves all issues. I am going to PM this to both of you guys. I hate seeing people in this hobby fight.
dskuro95 is offline Find More Posts by dskuro95
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:12 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
Trader Rating: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I didn't see who made the decision/request to pay as gift and I think that factors into who needs to man up...

If Forrest Gump (the seller) requested he pay as gift then he needs to suck it up and agree to Mercury's (the buyers) return terms of doing a goods transaction via paypal.

If Mercury (the buyer) sent as gift without being asked then he needs to suck it up and return it before getting a refund as Forest Gump (seller) requested.
Good point cause I never requested gift payment
Forrest Gump 23 is online now Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
920 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Mercury needs to look at this as a way to better his rep, which he's not doing now. If he would have said he would send it back and wait for a refund i would respect him more, but as it stands he has buyer remorse and wants it his way. Seeing the way he is dealing with this, I dont think I'd buy from him if the chance came up.
Just my honest opinion though.

Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
all i see is nagatives both ways..i didnt screw with it...and i realy think maybe you people should stay out of it..iam 56 year old man who owns his own busness...if i take a loss so be it...but dont make up sombody eles...iam a hard workin frink boat mechanic..with 2 kids home and a wife.who is a hospisis workers...i dont need it...if see the transaction..so be it...and thanks to the guy who said people were talking about me behind my back...nice real nice..i said my piece if i get the payment he gets a good mark by me for helping out..have a nice day good bye
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Very first sticky in this forum is advising against paypal gift.

He gave up his protection. His resolution is that you give up yours. If you decide to do what he requests, be sure you'll have grounds for a "not as described" complaint through paypal if the tx is damaged or tampered with. I don't like that he "cleaned up" something he intended to return. Add all the other details, and I'd stand my ground here and insist he return the tx first for a refund. You didn't screw him. From the sounds of things, you did what you should have and he screwed himself here.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
all i see is nagatives both ways..i didnt screw with it...and i realy think maybe you people should stay out of it..iam 56 year old man who owns his own busness...if i take a loss so be it...but dont make up sombody eles...iam a hard workin frink boat mechanic..with 2 kids home and a wife.who is a hospisis workers...i dont need it...if see the transaction..so be it...and thanks to the guy who said people were talking about me behind my back...nice real nice..i said my piece if i get the payment he gets a good mark by me for helping out..have a nice day good bye

You sent paypal gift, and sacrificed any leg you had to stand on. By making further abnormal demands to rectify your mistake, you look sketchy. And by showing such obstinacy and defiance about it, your attitude has turned people off.

Send the TX back. You've already done everything else the wrong way, do this one the right way.

For the record "take it into my own hands" infers going outside legal channels and IS a threat in every legal sense. So not only do you not have a leg to stand on, OP has your number and address and could easily have the local PD come pick up the TX and pay you a visit.

No way for a 50+ year old to behave. Lucky for you the OP is even communicating with you after that one. I would've told you to shove off.
Closed Thread