Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:08 AM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,833 Posts
Trader Rating: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
Well He might try and pull a "not as advertised" but from the story weve gotten here so far. From what Ive understand you havnt said that you wont refund, just that you wont refund without getting the TX back first.

And thats pretty much how its done everywhere.

FWIW, the ad does say "9CAP" twice, but the pic shows a 9CHP.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1794730

IMO, since he's proven himself to be unable to handle a situation civilly, I'd tell him if he wants a refund to file a claim, that way all comms are through the PP system and there'll be no "he said, she said". PP will pull the funds from your account and hold them in escrow until you get the TX back. i'd have a friend present when you open the box and video the whole thing, just to CYA.
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:18 AM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
730 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
FWIW, the ad does say "9CAP" twice, but  i'd have a friend present when you open the box and video the whole thing, just to CYA.
I second that
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,253 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
His (the buyer) homepage lists his occupation as Law Enforcement - threats should be documented and reported in wiriting to your local agency as well as the agency at his location.

BTW - you are correct that the radio needs to be returned to you in the same condition as it left, before a refund is possible.

Luck with that.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 AM
I like them a bit tail heavy
Carolina's
Joined May 2004
1,443 Posts
Trader Rating: 146
Quote:

IMO, since he's proven himself to be unable to handle a situation civilly, I'd tell him if he wants a refund to file a claim, that way all comms are through the PP system and there'll be no "he said, she said". PP will pull the funds from your account and hold them in escrow until you get the TX back. i'd have a friend present when you open the box and video the whole thing, just to CYA.
Great reply here! All of it...top to bottom. t
tdab is online now Find More Posts by tdab
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Trader Rating: 195
Quote:

I agree, And excepted responsibilty that unknown to me he did not get what he paid for once he bought it to my attention, However no tx returned the way it was shipped refund will not be given. The nerve of the guy to say he doesn't trust me when I got his money first before tx was shipped . If he decides to return I will open and video it with local authorities since he threaten me.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Last edited by Forrest Gump 23; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
well i shure like he doesnt tell the whole truth,,,
i bought it...and the pics are blury but advertised as a 9cap..(airplane version) i got a heli version. and it was rough shape..and he said nice shape..so i sent paypal /(big mistake i sent it as a gift.) so icant go back and get my money back..other mistake was he came off as a busness..si anyway...i contacted him as my problem..he said he will gift me my money back when he got back/ over a week...well the week went by and i didnt get payed..then he told me that he couldnt refund my money unless i sent it back with tracking (so paypalcan pay him?) omg...how doesn he do that..and he wants me to ship him ? as for threatz...i said i will take matters into my own hands..so your call....that not a threat...get real..i been scamed..
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:57 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Obviously your buyer is a little pissed off that the item was not as advertised. This would make him loose confidence or trust. I think you need to not respond to his threat. Just apologize for the mistake and ask him to go through PP as suggested, he will 'have his money' before he ships. EDIT: Buyer posted while I was typing, I see now PP refund is not an option, looks like you both made mistakes... But buyer is communicating and I think you guys can work this out.

The temptation is high to buy and sell stuff here, it's not as easy as it looks.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurypro View Post
well i shure like he doesnt tell the whole truth,,,
i bought it...and the pics are blury but advertised as a 9cap..(airplane version) i got a heli version. and it was rough shape..and he said nice shape..so i sent paypal /(big mistake i sent it as a gift.) so icant go back and get my money back..other mistake was he came off as a busness..si anyway...i contacted him as my problem..he said he will gift me my money back when he got back/ over a week...well the week went by and i didnt get payed..then he told me that he couldnt refund my money unless i sent it back with tracking (so paypalcan pay him?) omg...how doesn he do that..and he wants me to ship him ? as for threatz...i said i will take matters into my own hands..so your call....that not a threat...get real..i been scamed..
Your lying about the tx condition, though it's an old radio it was in great condition when shipped. Bottom line is you want refund i'll give it to you, But not until you return tx will you be getting one dime from me.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
You need to return it to get a refund and add tracking and insure it also. No one is going to refund without there item back in the same condition it was sent.
Beardiedrg is online now Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:01 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,733 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Sounds like an honest mistake that the seller has taken responsibility for and has offered a refund *when he gets the transmitter back*. And he wants it shipped with tracking to protect both of you, in case it never shows up.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:03 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Obviously your buyer is a little pissed off that the item was not as advertised. This would make him loose confidence or trust. I think you need to not respond to his threat. Just apologize for the mistake and ask him to go through PP as suggested, he will 'have his money' before he ships.

The temptation is high to buy and sell stuff here, it's not as easy as it looks.
Bargain hunters CAN BE the MOST CRITICAL buyers.
I can understand that it was an oversight on my part when I bought the tx here on RCG, and didn't pay attention to the type of tx it was. When buyer brought to my attention I have no problem refunding him, However tx must be returned first.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:05 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,733 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Maybe you can consider reimbursing his shipping, since you're taking responsibility for the mistake?
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
Maybe you can consider reimbursing his shipping, since you're taking responsibility for the mistake?
no problem with that either. im a good trader if i was wrong and in this case I am. By shippg wrong tx I accept all responsibilties in this matter , But threatening me doesn't help his cause.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
the problem i have ...is if i send t back..i have nothing...he has the radio and my money promised...paypal cant help me becasue the way i payed..see my point?>.
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:09 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
I can understand that it was an oversight on my part when I bought the tx here on RCG, and didn't pay attention to the type of tx it was. When buyer brought to my attention I have no problem refunding him, However tx must be returned first.

Since he gifted the payment he has no other option now. You guys both made mistakes .... As a buyer I have asked for better pics to clarify condition. Good condition to the salesman may be fair condition to the buyer, the glass half full syndrome applies, anyway the buyer should ship and the seller should apologize.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Closed Thread