SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:05 AM
France
Joined Aug 2003
990 Posts
Discussion
GoPro hero 3: Silver or Black Edition ?

Hi all,

I'm about to purchase a GoPro Hero 3 soon, and I was wondering which version to buy considering that:

- I want to have the best image quality possible both in video and photo.
- I will not need the 4K format
- I'll use it only outdoor

I currently have the GoPro HD (version 1).

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices

Pierre
www.planet-soaring.com
prondel is offline Find More Posts by prondel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:12 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
If the smaller size of the 3 is not a great advantage for your needs, I would probably look at a GoPro 2, which can be had for bargain prices these days. Unless I am mistaken the silver edition is about the same spec's as the 2, plus you get the advantages of being able to use your existing housings etc should you need to.

However if your goal is the "best possible photo & video", then I think the black edition is your best option. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one myself, but want to make sure all the issues people seem to be having with them have been rectified first.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:44 PM
France
Joined Aug 2003
990 Posts
As no reply was posted for a while, I decided to go black edition. I received the cam today. Apparently this new GoPro has some bugs !
At my first shooting, the cam hanged totally until I removed the battery
It did it twice in 10 minutes of use ...

I will test the image quality soon.

Cheers,

Pierre
prondel is offline Find More Posts by prondel
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:56 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prondel View Post
As no reply was posted for a while, I decided to go black edition. I received the cam today. Apparently this new GoPro has some bugs !
At my first shooting, the cam hanged totally until I removed the battery
It did it twice in 10 minutes of use ...

I will test the image quality soon.

Cheers,

Pierre
Do you have the latest firmware? I would check and see if that helps it. I am waiting to see what, if any issues there are are after the firmware upgrade. If they are just wi-fi related then I don't really care, since that is more a nice to have for me.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr