HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2003, 04:33 AM
grapher
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Oct 2002
123 Posts
Dedicated programming site for Futaba FF's

Does anyone know of a web site or NG dedicated entirely to programming the computer radios in the Futaba range? I know of Mike Shellim's and the Futaba rc site but wonder if there is one put together by the users themselves.
lysander is offline Find More Posts by lysander
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:23 AM
Long to be flyin'
Wirral, (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
3,056 Posts
Don't know of any specific sites, what set up are you trying to achieve?
Antonsoarer is offline Find More Posts by Antonsoarer
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:07 PM
grapher
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Oct 2002
123 Posts
When I asked the question I had only had the FF9 for a few days and I wanted to set up crow braking using GLID2. All my models are electric and of course in GLID2 using channel 3 for throttle means you can't use it for CROW. Since then I have managed a pretty good compromise using PMIX and OFFSET operating the result using the L/h slider control. However, I still have not figured out how I can get full CROW as I would be able to were I simply flying a glider and able to use ARBRK on channel 3

If only Don Edburg would write a FF9 book. I bought and used his FF7 book years ago and what a benefit that proved to be.
Old Jan 01, 2004, 05:39 PM
Long to be flyin'
Wirral, (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
3,056 Posts
I have a FF6 which has no crow, will be obtaining something new soon. I have managed to get functions on to sticks like the throttle by using the programmable mixers. The FF6 is nothing like the FF9 so can't help out. Have you tried this link, some useful stuff that might help.

http://www.ripmax.com/Images/PDF_Fil...W_FF9APR02.pdf

Tony.
Antonsoarer is offline Find More Posts by Antonsoarer
Last edited by Antonsoarer; Jan 01, 2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2004, 03:51 AM
grapher
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Oct 2002
123 Posts
I owned a FF7 for ten years (and a FF6 for about 12 months). Only bought the FF9 very recently and I do believe that everything I wish to do IS programmable. It's just a case of finding out how! I am impatient I suppose.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 02:14 PM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
I bet that with a little patience and careful logical thinking, you could use the instructions in Don Edberg's FF8/8U book to set up crow on an FF9/9C.

Heck, if you download the instructions for the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick Lite, you'll find detailed instructions on how to set up crow on a throttled aircraft.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1
Old Jan 05, 2004, 03:03 PM
grapher
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Oct 2002
123 Posts
Have you got a url from where I can dowload those instructions please?
Old Jan 07, 2004, 04:42 PM
Fun Manager
Villa Grove, Illinois
Joined May 2000
1,695 Posts
As far as operating crow normally, this is pretty easy to handle. Of course my first question is, do you have a free channel to put throttle on to free up channel 3 to leave for crow altogether? assuming you do not, simply do 2 mixes:

1) ch 3 to ch 3 -100%, switch null. the throttle stick now has NO effect on the throttle servo.

2) mix master = desired dial; slave = channel 3(throttle), rate = 100%, switch null. the slider now controls throttle.
AMCross is offline Find More Posts by AMCross