HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:31 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Help!
ESC Problem with Turnigy 9x

I have the Eflite 30AMp Pro SB Brushless ESC and I am having some problems with it. I have it hooked up to my pop wing and I am running a turnigy 9x with frsky module and receiver with it. I have had the esc hooked up to my t-28s and it works perfect, but when I have it hooked up to my pop wing, the end point to the throttle is way off. WHen the throttle stick is all the way down (neutral), it is showing a negative point. Meaning, when I put the throttle stick (left stick) in the center, which is usually 50% throttle, it reads the throttle is 0 %. I was told to trim the throttle all the way out and see if that would help, but its not enough. I have also went through the manual tney have online and tried to program it using mode 4, that does not work either. Is there anyway to fix this so I can fly my wing?
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:04 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
I don't have that setup, but usually when this happens I'll rebind, then do a throttle calibration. On most ESC's it's as simple as putting throttle in highest position, then plugging the power into the esc. Once ESC goes into programming, bring throttle all the way down to the lowest point.

I do have that ESC, but not the 9x. if you can't get it to work, I'll make the effort to pull it out and test.

I did a google seach for that ESC and calibration, but came up empty. what surprises me is that, that ESC isn't cheap by any means, yet it only features a 700mA BEC...and nothing on calibration.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:20 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I don't have that setup, but usually when this happens I'll rebind, then do a throttle calibration. On most ESC's it's as simple as putting throttle in highest position, then plugging the power into the esc. Once ESC goes into programming, bring throttle all the way down to the lowest point.

I do have that ESC, but not the 9x. if you can't get it to work, I'll make the effort to pull it out and test.

I did a google seach for that ESC and calibration, but came up empty. what surprises me is that, that ESC isn't cheap by any means, yet it only features a 700mA BEC...and nothing on calibration.
I have tried doing every test that I have researched. Still nothing I dont want to fly spektrum with this because I was going to use my popwing for fpv.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
Closed Thread