Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:49 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,376 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooterstang View Post
i like that idea
If you look on ebay many of the items for sale say that. There's good reason for it
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
640 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
I think the general rule of thumb would be to put on your ad:

"WILL SHIP TO PAYPAL CONFIRMED ADDRESS ONLY!"

Absolutely!

I sold a camera to someone on eBay and got burned by sending it to an address not associated with the paypal account. Turned out the guy used a stolen cc and I had no dispute option because I sent it to a different address then the paypal address.

I make it clear that I will only sell to paypal confirmed users and to their paypal confirmed address.
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:09 PM
Team Performance Plus RC
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
189 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Too bad that the first transaction feedback for the buyer is Neutral and was because of his own clerical error? It's a shame. Sorry to see your FB Tarnished by such a new member with your years of being here.
Good Post.
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:36 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,589 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
But please be patient with some of us Canadians. I ship to home if I can but when you insist lower 48(understood, no problem). I use a possible 2 receiver addresses in Oroville, WA or a possible 3 receivers in Sumas, WA. Depending on where I intend to visit and spend my other $$$. . So my paypal address may not be the right one but I always indicate in a note or otherwise.
I agree neutral is not right.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:11 PM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Trader Rating: 95
How about this

I have been putting this in my recent ads

Please note; We will not ship to 2nd party or any place where there is a co/address. We will not ship to any place where we believe the package may not arrive safely to the intended recipient.
`In short we will not send it to "your work"!

Lost a couple of sales. Have not lost any money or stuff though. And yes I have had to refund once for a guy who could not read.
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:23 AM
Jackass of many Trades
USA, UT, Pleasant Grove
Joined Feb 2007
249 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
I stand with the guys above.
I will only ship to the verified Paypal address.
Shipping to any other address negates any seller protections Pay pal offers.
MichaUT is offline Find More Posts by MichaUT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Saws
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:45 AM
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Sep 2009
137 Posts
Trader Rating: 448
Prop,

The other guy's account is already closed. What happened to the plane/funds?

Ton2di
ton2di is offline Find More Posts by ton2di
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:03 AM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Well I suppose you could do that. But if I remember correctly you could have a good addresss that is not comfirmed in your paypal account. In the end here is what I think bothers me the most. If someone borne prior to 1960 forgets to update their paypal address the response is somehting like this: " I'm sorry I left my old address in my paypal account can you help me find my package ? If it happened to someone borne 1970 + the response is " dude, you sent it to the wrong address, what an A--hole
propflipper is offline Find More Posts by propflipper
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, MA, Dennis
Joined Nov 2012
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I was born in 67' do I get an excuse or should I know better 70% of the time?
CCkiter is offline Find More Posts by CCkiter
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States, FL, Williston
Joined Sep 2012
59 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
They can deliver to an address they won't let you print a label to, as was the case with a new home address I tried to ship to recently. We ended up shipping to the Parents house next door but, not without the customer & shipper getting upset about the wasted time and effort.

Not the first time somebody gave me an address they say the PO delivers to that the PO says does not exist.
Just because you put a mailbox up does not mean that you have a valid USPS mailing address. The address needs to be CORRECTLY assigned by your county or city's 911 system. Then you need to contact your local post office so they can update the USPS address management system to both verify that it's a valid address and to let the letter carrier know that it is an active address. Only then can you expect service. The same applies if you move into a new house or appartment that was vacant. The mail carrier has the address listed as vacant and will not stop to pick up or drop off mail. The post office needs to be notified that the address is no longer vacant.
kalikraven is offline Find More Posts by kalikraven
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
The answer to ALL these problems is a simple one. Just do what I do and NEVER sell the nice most expensive electronics and planes you own, in fact sell nothing here on the forum. When I don't find a use for any item I own it gets dumped in a dark closet shelf. Believe me when I tell you the stress you avoid by just not dealing anything here on the forum is worth it!. When I need something I just buy it at full retail price brand new from a well known retail dealer. I have lots of wonderful top of the line gear my closet is a treasure chest!. I rest much easier knowing someone is not complaining to PayPal or saying they never received the item just to get their money back etc. It just isnt worth is messing with the shipping the packing the rip offs and all that stuff as well. The only way I would ever think of selling any gear is LPO! and for cash!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:47 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,533 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
We the Committee for the Big Truth are petitioning -- we want to see photos of that closet your stuff's in. Put up the pix, or it never happened!!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread