Closed Thread
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:01 PM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Idea
How To Make Sure Your Package Never Arrives

I have had a couple shipping issues as a seller recently. The last one resulted in a neutral feedback rating for me and motivated me to compose this post. One sure way to make certain your purchase does not find you is to provide the seller with an address that belongs to someone else. Check your paypal account, your checks, your RCU account info...if you use any of those methods to make a purchase please be sure the associated address is correct. Sure, you may have sent it in a PM, but the seller has no reason to believe your paypal address, or the address on a check is incorrect unless you tell them so. If you are not sure what address is in your paypal account take a minute to check it and correct it if necessary before you make your payment. Also, any protection that paypal may provide will not kick in if your purchase is sent to an address other than that in your paypal account. I know how anxious you are when you make a purchase. I always ship the very next day and often the same day. But it is much more difficult to ship quickly if I have to wade through a sea of PM's to make sure the address matches your paypal address. If you do elect to have your purchase sent to an alternative address, make a point of letting the seller know that he should not ship to the address on the check....in the paypal account ...etc. If someone does this for me I copy and past it into a Word document for quick access later. To insure accuracy I cut and paste the address into FedEx or Usps on line. I now make an extra effort to confirm the address as well. It is just as upsetting to me, if not more so when there is a shipping anomaly. I would like to thank all of you who have dealt with me. I love this hobby and your purchases support my hobby endeavors. I will continue to do my best to bring you fantastic deals delivered quickly to your front door…not somebody else’s
propflipper is offline Find More Posts by propflipper
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:39 PM
Where rubber meets the ROCK
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I have had this issue before with someone I sold to on ebay. He whined his butt off about how it never showed though USPS confirmed delivery. I asked him if his paypal address was the same as his home address and he said no so I straight told him ITS YOUR PROBLEM THEN NOT MINE. If you can set your paypal address as your home address then theres probably something screwy going on there anyways
sixshooterstang is offline Find More Posts by sixshooterstang
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:24 PM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
Yes it is just unfortunate. Only takes a minute to update it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:27 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Ive seen lately a wave of laziness sweeping this country. People will only do major things and neglect the smaller things (that are smaller in there head that is)
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
This particular individual replied " I know I am not the only one who hasn't updated their paypal account" So as long as their are others who refuse to take responsibility, it is ok to blame me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
well if you got paid id say just give him the finger (metaphorically of course) as it is clearly his issue
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:51 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
How about this for a not updating paypal info story

I bought a charger on RCU, it said in the ad paypal accepted, so I paid through the paypal link, apparently this knucklehead was sharing a friends paypal acct. and they had a falling out. I sent the money to the wrong guy because the guy never updated his paypal info.

So I was thrown in to these guys problem,, a paypal fraud claim and the next day and I got my refund,,

So, yeah, make sure your info is up to date.
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Last edited by scale_only; Jan 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
sounds like they were great friends
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:02 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
"were" past tense
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:04 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
exaclty :]
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:17 AM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
Yea I got paid. Its just a shame a really good transaction turned quickly into a not so good one because a guy didn't take two minutes to update his address
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:35 AM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
959 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
In my experience I always ask for the address where they want their package sent. I make sure that I keep a copy of the PMs just in case.

I use the USPS address checker and google maps to make sure the address is good to go. Fortunately for me I haven't had any issues especially when shipping to a different address other than the one on their Paypal. I also always use delivery confirmation.

My last step is to vigilantly track the package until its delivered and promptly send a PM once I see the package has been delivered.

I hope your future transactions go with out any problems.
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 7.... 3 Monitors! :)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:14 AM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
I think I can save you some time. FedEx and USPS automaticly check the validity of the address when you enter it. You just have to make sure you have that option selected if you ship via FedEx. FedEx and USPS give you the option of automatic e-mail updates so you can vigilantly track you package, automaticly.. Just have your buyers confirm the shippinng address with their payment. In the end its garbage in garbage out. If they give you a bad address, that is where the package will go. insured with delivery confirmation.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:45 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,042 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
There is no excuse for not having correct shipping address in your paypal profile. None.
People can be lazy and the USPS can be dumb. They can deliver to an address they won't let you print a label to, as was the case with a new home address I tried to ship to recently. We ended up shipping to the Parents house next door but, not without the customer & shipper getting upset about the wasted time and effort.

Not the first time somebody gave me an address they say the PO delivers to that the PO says does not exist.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:14 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,349 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I think the general rule of thumb would be to put on your ad:

"WILL SHIP TO PAYPAL CONFIRMED ADDRESS ONLY!"
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Closed Thread