SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
Discussion
1 battery or 2? Help with power to ET eLogger & OSD Pro

I have a DJI Quad with Naza MC and Naza GPS... I plan on running my new ET eLogger v4 and ET OSD Pro, with either a gopro or RMRC-420XV CCD Camera, how would anyone recommend that I power these systems....?

Is it better to run everything off of 1 3S battery -OR-
Is it better to have 2 batteries, 1 for the quad power and 1 for the ET Power??

All help would be awesome.
flywmoi is offline Find More Posts by flywmoi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, my bias is to use one battery for simplicity, but there are many who feel otherwise. if you use one battery, you *may* need an LC filter between the battery and the camera/vtx. However, I would try it first and see if you see "video lines" in the image when throttling up.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old May 27, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
single battery setup in twinstar

hello bill i have a similar question as the above mentioned one i try to always use single battery setups in all my planes, and i am building a twinstar now with the et pro and e logger v4 and i would like to know the best place to splice in my video system power rite now my plan is to do it off the main battery wire in between the battery and the elogger but then am i completely bypassing the osd and will it not account for the milliamps used by my video system thus giving me a false battery life reading...
please help thanks bill
p.s. all is running off 3s and i will be using an lc filter
matix101 is offline Find More Posts by matix101
Old May 29, 2013, 06:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi, you're correct, splicing before the eLogger will result in the video system's amp draw not being measured. You'd need to connect in after the eLogger for that to work correctly. What I've done before (perhaps not the best way to do it, YMMV) is to solder a tap directly to the ESC power terminals.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old May 29, 2013, 08:22 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi, you're correct, splicing before the eLogger will result in the video system's amp draw not being measured. You'd need to connect in after the eLogger for that to work correctly. What I've done before (perhaps not the best way to do it, YMMV) is to solder a tap directly to the ESC power terminals.
That is the same thing I did, but I didn't really want to make it public. It cleaned up that connection.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson