HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:36 PM
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Discussion
EP Buddy

Ok, so I ordered a battery charger and power supply from EP Buddy mid November. This charger came with a paraboard. About 4 weeks after receiving it, I was plugging a battery onto the paraboard (board not plugged into the wall), when a big spark flashed at the bottom of the board, and immediately started a small fire. I sent an email to EP Buddy explaining the situation and never heard a word from them. I called and talked to them, asked if the paraboard was covered under any warranty....yes, and the guy said he'd take care of it. Sent him another email last week and once again...silence. Am I wrong thinking they should send a replacement? Obviously he doesn't think he should send a replacement. Anyone else had bad customer service from them? Me thinks they were unloading old style paraboards, cause the new ones all have fuses on them, unlike mine that burned up.
Martyf1 is offline Find More Posts by Martyf1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:37 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,426 Posts
I've had good experiences with epbuddy.

What do you mean the paraboard was not plugged into the wall?

Was it the first battery you connected?

You have to be very careful when plugging the balance connectors into a paraboard, especially for your second battery and beyond.

I'd almost recommend getting balance extensions when using a paraboard, to prevent end users from plugging the balance boards into the wrong port.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f