Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:24 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
625 Posts
Discussion
Battle of Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation

Got this in an email.

A Lesson to be Learned on the Anniversary of Wounded Knee

December 29, 2012 marked the 122nd Anniversary of the murder of 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. These 297 people, in their winter camp, were murdered by federal agents and members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began AFTER the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. When the final round had flown, of the 297 dead or dying, two thirds (200) were women and children.

Around 40 members of the 7th Cavalry were killed, over half cut down by friendly fire from the Hotchkiss guns of their overzealous comrades-in-arms. Twenty members of the 7th Cavalry were deemed “National Heros” and awarded the Medal of Honor for their acts of cowardice.

We do not hear of Wounded Knee today. It is not mentioned in our history classes or books. What little does exist about Wounded Knee is normally the sanitized “Official Government Explanation” or the historically and factually inaccurate depictions of the events leading up to the massacre on the movie screen.

Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.

Ask any Native American, and they will tell you it was inferior technology and lack of arms that contributed to their demise.

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no right to defend ourselves and our families.
Mike McCrea is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:50 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Show me the link again where any government agency is coming to take our guns away .
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:54 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Show me the link again where any government agency is coming to take our guns away .
Representative Daniel Muhlbauer is on record saying that he wants to retroactively ban "all semi-auto weapons".

http://carrollspaper.com/m/Articles....rticleID=14934

Quote:
State Rep. Dan Muhlbauer, D-Manilla, says Iowa lawmakers should ban semi-automatic guns and "start taking them" from owners who refuse to surrender any illegal firearms through a buy-back program.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:57 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Representative Daniel Muhlbauer is on record saying that he wants to retroactively ban "all semi-auto weapons".
That's okay, Hank Johnson wants to save islands from capsizing so he is in good company.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:57 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
625 Posts
Quote:
Its in feinsteins gun proposal , when I die my registered guns must be turned in. Thats confiscation in my book.

"Prohibits the transfer of "assault weapons." Under Feinstein's new bill, "assault weapons" would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:58 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,283 Posts
That's right, look at her homepage.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:04 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post

http://carrollspaper.com/m/Articles....rticleID=14934
Wanting to and doing are not the same. I think some folk are worried for no reason.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:07 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCrea View Post
Its in feinsteins gun proposal , when I die my registered guns must be turned in. Thats confiscation in my book.

"Prohibits the transfer of "assault weapons." Under Feinstein's new bill, "assault weapons" would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government."
That's about 180 degrees from being a gun grab isn't it....?
Broken Wings is offline Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
Quote:
I think some folk are worried for no reason.
Like all the bed wetters who think their kids are doomed and it is just a matter of time because someone owns a gun?
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:10 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:

Which means they would all have to be registered in a federal data base so they can be tracked. Otherwise how would they know when to confiscate them? Really bad idea people.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:14 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings View Post
Dont think so..

This means the M1A1 paratrooper Carbine my father carried in WWII and brought home after the war would have to be turned in and not passed down to his grandkids?? I dont think or WWII vets would be ok with that. Are you OK with that?
Last edited by Mike McCrea; Jan 09, 2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: edited to ask..are you ok with that?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:32 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,445 Posts
About a year ago I bought a real nice Browning 1892 lever action made by Miroku in Japan. It shoots pistol caliber ammunition (.44 cal) so I can shoot it at my local range in air conditioned comfort...

A .44 special won't go through a hog and risk hitting one of the catch dogs if I use it to hunt. Perfect for Deer. Works real well in the Florida Scrub.

I could have bought a Black Rifle but I really couldn't justify any need for one. I feel bad for all these people that ran out and bought (a lot of it junk) black rifles.

There was a gun show in Orlando a week or so ago and I heard that the Chinese SKS's were going for $1000 and selling. "Brothers in Arms"...?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:34 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Dont think so..

This means the M1A1 paratrooper Carbine my father carried in WWII and brought home after the war would have to be turned in and not passed down to his grandkids?? I dont think or WWII vets would be ok with that. Are you OK with that?
Did he buy it or was it Government issue?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:36 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
What? Taking firearms isn't taking firearms?

That isn't '180 degrees from' being a gun grab. It IS a gun grab.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:41 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
625 Posts
Quote:
Here is another gun grab.

People here in california bought the colt AR15 rifles legally, well years later, the state said you had to register them. Lots of california AR15 rifle owners did not know that ( the state did not send out letters..how were people to know)

The registration period ended and the law now says. "If you are still in possession of an unregistered assault weapon, you may not keep it. Your only option is to relinquish it to a law enforcement agency."
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/regagunfaqs#5

Is that proof enough? If you keep it, its a felony..might as well have a Browning automatic rifle..same thing in the laws eyes.