SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Discussion
Cutting down 35mm JPower Fans

Has anyone tried cutting down the 35 mm fans from the JPower series of jets . The fan shape looks like it will lend itself to mods to around 20 - 25mm . Could use the stock motor too , not sure what sort of thrust you would see though.
FANtastic is offline Find More Posts by FANtastic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Should read SkyAngel 35 mm jets !!
FANtastic is offline Find More Posts by FANtastic
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:20 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
I havent "cut down" the stock Sky Angels fan, but I have put a Sky Angels 35mm motor into an Art Tech 30mm 6 blade fan unit, its a screamer
to do this though you must put a chunk of heat shrink tube onto the shaft of the SA motor so the collet type adapter on the AT unit can tighten onto it.

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloperjoe View Post
I havent "cut down" the stock Sky Angels fan, but I have put a Sky Angels 35mm motor into an Art Tech 30mm 6 blade fan unit, its a screamer
to do this though you must put a chunk of heat shrink tube onto the shaft of the SA motor so the collet type adapter on the AT unit can tighten onto it.

Joe
Joe..you wouldn't happen to have a pic of this, or more info on the heat shrink location ? i have a surplus AT fan unit . are you running this on 3s ?
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
dont know what size heat shrink tube it is , just some I had in the junk drawer, it fit snugly onto the SA motor shaft so I used it, I covered the entire shaft except just a hair away from the face of the motor, then shrunk it on with a lighter while rotating it. the heat shrink tube just takes up the room that would normally be the AT motor shaft since it is a larger diameter than the SA shaft. you might find a better material to use, like small diameter aluminum tubing....or..? something more solid than heat shrink would be better, and if I find something that works I'll let ya know

Joe
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
I did another SA motor/AT fan unit and this time I used aluminum cut from a coke can (a strip about 3/8" X 1/4") then rolled it around a very small diameter screwdriver shank to make a little tube, slipped that into the collet, then onto the motor shaft...works perfect as a shaft shim. ran the fan up and it was smooth as silk. looks like I found my new method for adapting the ArtTech fan to the SkyAngels motor

Joe