HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao View Post
Just waiting till the bug of binding and modules start firing missiles (or water or bubbles) be fixed to order some of them...Hope James tell them to fix that soon, cause it´s really an amazing machine.
As always...James...thanks for your time and patience.
Saludos and best regards,
Jose

BTW. Could you comment them allso the posibility of starting studying to add a compass?....you know...as these toys are really small and have a very big range...I´ve flown 929 and 949 over 50 m tall and about 150 meter far...You lost orientation really soon and the compass function and carefree mode would be really an interesting option to recover them safely

Doblao...
i have flown my v929 over 300meters away and 200 meters high... using fpv..
i have now converted to be fpv AND HD recording with an onboard 808#16v2...
so there are loads off opportunities to expand...
im going to do the same with my v959 i hope
v929 micro quad FPV and HD video recording with an 808 #16 v2 (0 min 0 sec)
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:59 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
Doblao...
i have flown my v929 over 300meters away and 200 meters high... using fpv..
i have now converted to be fpv AND HD recording with an onboard 808#16v2...
so there are loads off opportunities to expand...
im going to do the same with my v959 i hope
http://youtu.be/oo7jLF5fjns
That's a pretty cool setup ArchillesElbow. I'm impressed; it flew a lot better than I thought it would. It will be interesting to see what you can do with the 959.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
RC.. That video actually doesn't show it's stability that well .. It's very windy and I'm fighting the wind all the time... I hope to get some footage when is no wind or at least much less... This quad is very stable once it's lightened... It gives the confidence to fly it way past snd higher than LOS
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:54 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
108 Posts
V959 Turnigy 9X Compatibility?

Can somebody confirm the V959 is still compatible with the Turnigy 9X transmitter, as the other WLToys quads are? I have seen conflicting reports. If it is compatible, can you use a 9X channel to operate the camera on/off?

Also, will there be a mode 1 version of the V959, especially if it's not 9X compatible?
1auriec is offline Find More Posts by 1auriec
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:03 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Not sure about that one..will have to try it out with the 949 to confirm compatibility.
There are no mode one 959s as far as I know, but I will ask WLToys if they have mode one txs in the works.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post

I think you know the answer yourself.
Order a new shaft or two, you need to have spares on hand of commonly broken parts.
Now while you are waiting for the post man, if you could find a small tube of the same I.D as the O. D. of shaft to act like a crutch/Splint over break and super glue the 3 pieces together It may last until the next crash. If however you have vibration doesn’t fly it because it will wear out motor bushing prematurely. It is fun to try when you are having withdraws
Yeah, I ordered some new parts, too bad it takes so long for them to come in

I took the wire out, and made a shaft out of a circular wooden dowel. It actually fit pretty well, but as you imagine snaps like a twig if you crash.

Then I did the same thing with a little metal rod from a tomato cage, but it doesn't fit snug and wants to turn; plus it's a lot heavier than the graphite.

It flies, but like you said I'm worried that it's going to burn up the motor, so I guess my best bet is to use make a wooden boom for withdrawl flights while I wait for the parts to come in

I'm new to this hobby, so I'm learning. I guess that's the problem with trying to save $$ and ordering from China. You either have to wait on parts, or spend extra $$ from the start to stock up on parts. Not really any truly "cheap" way to go. Lol.
chatelainjw is offline Find More Posts by chatelainjw
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatelainjw View Post
Yeah, I ordered some new parts, too bad it takes so long for them to come in

I took the wire out, and made a shaft out of a circular wooden dowel. It actually fit pretty well, but as you imagine snaps like a twig if you crash.

Then I did the same thing with a little metal rod from a tomato cage, but it doesn't fit snug and wants to turn; plus it's a lot heavier than the graphite.

It flies, but like you said I'm worried that it's going to burn up the motor, so I guess my best bet is to use make a wooden boom for withdrawl flights while I wait for the parts to come in

I'm new to this hobby, so I'm learning. I guess that's the problem with trying to save $$ and ordering from China. You either have to wait on parts, or spend extra $$ from the start to stock up on parts. Not really any truly "cheap" way to go. Lol.
Not tried this, but apparently one or two barbeque skewers (depending on thickness - I have two sizes in a kitchen drawer) make suitable, temporary and fairly strong legs until your carbon arrives. A dab of hot glue you could prise off later should hold it/them in place with the wires outside it/them, but inside a drinking straw for protection and added rigidity. Or not... and you have to wait. But when you're desparate, you'll try anything, right?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:12 PM
Portugal, Santarém, Chamusca
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
Good night.
I will buy one this quads,but i have one question, the remote control distance is just 50mts like its in BG, or its between 100-150 mts like the 929 & 949?
craposo is offline Find More Posts by craposo
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
So for those who asked for the build log on the v929 fpv HD... I have started it here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1809332
It's not complete yet... But it's a start... Let me know if you want more detail etc
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:56 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,163 Posts
Recieved my Fture Battlaeship (V959) Today

It came well packed from BangGood with the display box with a US adapter taped to the box, I had asked for one on the order I don't know if it made a difference or not.

It flew great right out of the box and I LOVE the lights. Yawl is slow on 40% rates (good for video) and 60% is good for flying around the room.

I didn't read the instructions well enough and didn't think the camera was working. I was pressing the function (lower right) button and come to find out that button takes stills. Found out top left button takes video and that the audio is working.

I will get some video later, in the meantime here is a still pic.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Last edited by bartricky; Jan 14, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:55 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
James I noticed in your #1 - #7 ranking on page 1 you didn't include the V202, did you just forget it or does that mean it's #8 or lower?

Nice review as well, getting harder and harder to keep up with all the new stuff...that's not even talking about regular heli's either.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
66 Posts
There are 3 959 forums going, can somebody combine them?
Tomofono is offline Find More Posts by Tomofono
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartricky View Post
It came well packed from BangGood with the display box with a US adapter taped to the box, I had asked for one on the order I don't know if it made a difference or not.

It flew great right out of the box and I LOVE the lights. Yawl is slow on 40% rates (good for video) and 60% is good for flying around the room.

I didn't read the instructions well enough and didn't think the camera was working. I was pressing the function (lower right) button and come to find out that button takes stills. Found out top left button takes video and that the audio is working.

I will get some video later, in the meantime here is a still pic.

This is the first video with the new stock v959.
Cam looks good even under florescent lighting.
Quad is very stable. 360 turns are full stick at 40% rates.

V959 First Video (3 min 20 sec)
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:51 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
@bartricky, I'm glad you are enjoying the V959. I guess you pointed out something I've missed in the review. Yup the button on the top left is the video recording button..while the button on the bottom right takes stills. Great video btw!

@BD Murdock, Thanks! The reason why I didn't put the 202 on the list is because I didn't write a review on it yet... and I'm so busy these days that I don't know if I'll get to it either. That said, I would rank it to be around the same as the X4 (with MP props installed).

@Tomofono, as I pointed out in the Beetle quad review thread, people have PM'd me about breaking up the V911 thread as it is "too long to follow" while others, like you, want one thread per aircraft...it's really difficult (dare I say impossible) to please everyone..so I think the best option is to leave the threads as is and if the Mods have a problem with these multiple threads, perhaps they'll take a look at it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:12 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Hey guys,
I just talked to the boss of WLToys about some of the issues we've found with regards to the 959.
-Carefree mode and other automation features are currently not in the works just yet..as they think the price of designing and programming these features are too high at the moment...but I did tell the boss that it would set their products apart.. so...hopefully they'll find a cheap way to include these features on their aircraft in the future.
- The issue of the modules starting by themselves when the battery is plugged in is now solved. It only appeared on certain units from the first batch...their programming has changed and this is a non-issue now.
- The wide angled lens is in the works, but the image gets very distorted. Hopefully they'll be able to solve this issue and push the wide angled camera into service soon.

-James
RCG Plus Member