SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:59 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Yup, they were there and apparently had a booth!
Man, I was born there ... why did I have to miss this ... AGAIN!!! ???
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:19 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec View Post
Be aware that they are not quite as easy to retrofit to the 959 as to the 929/949, because the 959 has a longer propeller shaft. Search the posts for details.
I need to correct this. It is not that the propeller shaft is longer - in fact it is the same length. It is rather that the hole in the propeller shaft, and the corresponding hole in the propeller sleeve, for the tiny screw that holds the propeller in place, is higher up on the V959 than on the V929, for some unknown reason. This means that the GWS propeller, designed as a straight swap with the V929 prop, sits too high up on the V959 shaft when the screw is fitted, leaving a gap which allows the gear at the bottom of the shaft to possibly lose contact with the motor pinion. It is easily corrected by drilling another hole in the right place, preferably on the opposite side of the sleeve, to avoid any weakening of the sleeve. You can use the standard prop as a model to know where to drill the hole.
1auriec is online now Find More Posts by 1auriec
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:35 AM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
I've added "suggest a bare-bones version"(without modules) to the list of recommendations to WLToys and I'll pass it on tomorrow when they come back from the show in Germany.
I'm lazy to search previous posts, so please bear with me...
Have you suggested they go back to the "no accidental flip @ 100%" version of the FC for the V929 and V949 (...not sure if the other V9x9s also suffers from this)?

Like some who have already mentioned this on the other V9x9 threads, my V949 does the autoflip with ANY aileron/elevator deflection when set to 100%, not just full deflection.
Inevitability is offline Find More Posts by Inevitability
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:10 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
I'm lazy to search previous posts, so please bear with me...
Have you suggested they go back to the "no accidental flip @ 100%" version of the FC for the V929 and V949 (...not sure if the other V9x9s also suffers from this)?

Like some who have already mentioned this on the other V9x9 threads, my V949 does the autoflip with ANY aileron/elevator deflection when set to 100%, not just full deflection.
The 929 and 949 certainly do suffer from this issue... the 959's system is much better. I believe it is the TX instead of the board that is responsible for this..need to make sure though.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:22 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
The 929 and 949 certainly do suffer from this issue... the 959's system is much better. I believe it is the TX instead of the board that is responsible for this..need to make sure though.
I bound my 959Tx with my V929, unfortunately I'm waiting for a part on the v929 before I can try the flip theory.
Sure hope you're right.

I put an LED on the v929 and it works with the 959Tx light button... maybe there's hope for the flip.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Last edited by bartricky; Feb 06, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
83 Posts
Banggood just listed another min camera quad. Haven't found much info on it so far. YD-719C

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Yd...f-p-64890.html
drko is offline Find More Posts by drko
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:12 AM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Ahhh... so people with their own (non-stock) TXs aren't getting the accidental autoflip then? (on V929 and V949)
(Note to self: You been reading these V9x9 threads for weeks... How did you miss that!?!)
Ok, but the point still stands... I think they need to know that the accidental autoflip is an issue that needs resolving. I've emailed the contact address on their website, but it would be good if they hear it from all possible avenues so they know that there are alot of people out there that want it fixed.
Thanks!
Inevitability is offline Find More Posts by Inevitability
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:20 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drko View Post
Banggood just listed another min camera quad. Haven't found much info on it so far. YD-719C

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Yd...f-p-64890.html
There are several up there now. What's most annoying is they never give the spec of the camera, which is how you know it's low res: 640x480 at best, possibly even 320x240.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
I've added "suggest a bare-bones version"(without modules) to the list of recommendations to WLToys and I'll pass it on tomorrow when they come back from the show in Germany.
If they do that, I hope it works out $20 cheaper than the version with the camera (which costs $20) $68.99-20=$48.99, rather than only $7.11 cheaper than the version with all the other modules $61.99-7.11=$54.88.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:42 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
I bound my V939 to my V959 and it still did the auto flip, so I would guess it is in the programming in the V939 board so I assume it would be the same on the V929 & V949.
Plus I read those with the X9 TX could only get around the auto flip by setting rates below 100%
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack View Post
I bound my V939 to my V959 and it still did the auto flip, so I would guess it is in the programming in the V939 board so I assume it would be the same on the V929 & V949.
Plus I read those with the X9 TX could only get around the auto flip by setting rates below 100%
It's on the board for the v949. The one with an 'A' on it does not auto flip. Now no longer available though.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:57 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1auriec View Post
No, it is Mode 2 (throttle on the left stick) only.
your right that was the 912 tx sorry
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
959 arrived

my 959 came . it is a nice stable bird. however the missle only shoot about 3 ft at most. squirt gun spits about the same distance , winch runs up and down too fast for a pretend rescue. and the camera didn't have enough light. i wish there were instructions for the camera. I'll try more tommorrow.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:49 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
Guys, I bet you can take the missle launcher apart and stretch the springs out (or even replace them). I've had to do this on my RC tank that had an airsoft turret gun.

I bet they're weak on purpose to avoid lawsuits.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:29 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
my 959 came . it is a nice stable bird. however the missle only shoot about 3 ft at most. squirt gun spits about the same distance , winch runs up and down too fast for a pretend rescue. and the camera didn't have enough light. i wish there were instructions for the camera. I'll try more tommorrow.
tonytester
I only have the camera, and yes you need good light.
I found that it works great outside and the front of the camera can be tilted at different angles.
I found if I tilt it down a little it helps when quad is facing in the direction of sun, but at high noon you could point straight out.
I also found if you donít turn off camera before unplugging battery you lose your video. Would have had some cool footage but due to wind and panic, battery came off in a rough landing/crash.
It donít like coming down in high wind if blades are under any power.

Can the winch be left down or what do you mean it is too fast?

Going by your post I think I wonít waste my time or money on the other attachments.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack