HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
It's really a shame that some people just can't stay on the topic.
They prefer to quote, insult and try to discredit anyone they don't agree with.
They just can't discuss an issue in a courteous, mature manner. If they don't like what's being discussed then they derail the thread to a completely off topic discussion.
If you don't care to discuss this topic which is about the shipping rates jumping higher at checkout then start your own thread about whatever you want to discuss.
"Someone's going to get spanked", again.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,296 Posts
They just can't discuss an issue in a courteous, mature manner. If they don't like what's being discussed then they derail the thread to a completely off topic discussion.

You could apply this logic to a lot of people who post here
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:29 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
If you don't care to discuss this topic which is about the shipping rates jumping higher at checkout then start your own thread about whatever you want to discuss.
"Someone's going to get spanked", again.
Reminds me of somebody and the HK goon squad, getting spanked on the hk forums, crying to moderators, etc.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:24 AM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
I recently had the same or similar experience with Hobby King.

I was purchasing one item from the USA location. The shipping indicated 29.00, fair enough. When I went to check out it jumped to over 50.00. I had not seen this before so I went back through the process and again the same thing, jumped to over 50.00 bucks.

I contacted HK and they were very nice in their reply ,very similar to what has been said here. I though Okay, no big deal I'ts just me.

The next day I went on ebay looking around, BAM there's the same plane from H.O.B.B.Y.K.I.N.G.U.S.A. shipping 29.00 bucks.

What's up with that???????
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
It's called Bait and Switch.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:45 AM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
Very strange, perhaps a glitch in the system, perhaps you are correct valanti. I hope not, I really enjoy HK and their prices.

HK's high cost shipping has made me look around for different venders here in the USA. I know most of the stuff I buy comes from China, and I'm okay with that, but at least people who live here are making some money. I said that to say this, if it wasn't for the high and now strange shipping rates by HK, I would have been less likely to shop around. Not a business model I would follow if I were HK.

Am I going to by from Hobby King again.....well sure I am. I'm just going to watch the shipping a little closer from now on.....and I will check with USA sources first!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,976 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
It's called Bait and Switch.
Are you responding to lies and accusations, or to a specific experience? Any first hand proof? Screen shots etc? Let's make sure to keep responses on point please. Sometimes HK liker haters come in and derail threads.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Are you responding to lies and accusations, or to a specific experience? Any first hand proof? Screen shots etc? Let's make sure to keep responses on point please. Sometimes HK liker haters come in and derail threads.
porcia, are you calling keithtsr a liar. I believe what he said is true.
I was replying to keithtsr about the shipping charges changing. If you read my previous posts in this thread you would know that I tested their system several times and found that the shipping rate always went up when I continued to checkout. That's all the proof I need. I consider that bait and switch. If for whatever reason you must constantly defend HK maybe you would call it something different. Please make an effort to contribute something to the topic rather than constantly quoting every post I make and dissecting it.
Sorry keithtsr.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 20, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4,976 Posts
I'll take that as a no.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:22 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
Porcia83, I didn't take it that you were calling me a liar, at least I hope not. I would encourage you to go to HK site and try it for yourself. I just did, it's different but the end result is the same, 50.00 shipping and still 29.00 from ebay.

I'm not a Hobby King hater, he!! I've spent way to much money with them to start that. I will continue to buy from them, I am just saying keep an eye on the shipping charges.

I just wonder.....what Pay Pal would say or perhaps a federal agency would think..... I'm not advocating taking any action against HK but someone just might. For now I'll shop the USA first then go to HK for what I need.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,310 Posts
The price of an item to me is the total of the shipping and product costs. I don't make a buying decision on either cost separately.
Interestingly, I just bought a plane from HK USA and the shipping charge was $14.95. The same plane from another US source had a shipping charge of $29 and the plane cost was $5 higher. Go figure.

What were you buying keith?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:28 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
I was looking at the 90mm Mig 15.
My point was just about the jacked up shipping from one point to when you go to pay for it.
I had a pretty big AJ Slick shipped to me from back east and it was less than 50.00 dollars. Also had a Osiris 62 shipped for less than 40.00. i bought them last summer, I could go on and on but the point is I just didn't like the difference in the shipping.
It just didn't seem like it was right. If your not paying attention you can miss that pretty easy, surely they wouldn't do that.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:12 PM
Keith Thomas
Joined Feb 2010
924 Posts
I just tried it again. This time it is much different. It is now adding the freight/shipping as select a shipper. I moved on to Pay Pal and the amount had not changed. The shipping is now 39.00, still a little strange but so much better

I didn't purchase it yet. Maybe I thought about it to long.lol
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:23 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,310 Posts
Funny, it shows $42 for me from the USA warehouse and I'm a lot farther away.

I looked at that h.o.b.b.y.k.i.n.g.c.o.m site. I don't think that is a HK operation but regardless, the plane and shipping are cheaper and the 98% positive feedback would be a go for me.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Jun 2009
4,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtsr View Post
Porcia83, I didn't take it that you were calling me a liar, at least I hope not. I would encourage you to go to HK site and try it for yourself. I just did, it's different but the end result is the same, 50.00 shipping and still 29.00 from ebay.

I'm not a Hobby King hater, he!! I've spent way to much money with them to start that. I will continue to buy from them, I am just saying keep an eye on the shipping charges.

I just wonder.....what Pay Pal would say or perhaps a federal agency would think..... I'm not advocating taking any action against HK but someone just might. For now I'll shop the USA first then go to HK for what I need.

Not at all Kieth, I'm not disputing your experience at all.

If you've been around the threads a while you'll note there are 2-3 people who consistently bash this vendor every chance they get. One of the first things they complain about are "haters" and people who jump on the bandwagon, etc etc. Oddly enough, virtually any thread that has HK involvement is full of their comments though. In many instances they just repeat the same things over and over.

I was just wondering if the person who wrote bait and switch actually had an experience like yours, or was just commenting for commenting sake.

Their ordering system is certainly not the clearest, you have to take it slow and steady and make sure to hit the right buttons. I do like the weight calculator though that lets you know how much more you can add and still get the same shipping charge (which are normally a tad on the high side).
RCG Plus Member