HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Every other online store I've delt with has always given me the correct shipping rate Up Front and it doesn't change when I check out.
I repeat, Where did the $4.99 rate come from???? Bait and switch?
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:47 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Every other online store I've delt with has always given me the correct shipping rate Up Front and it doesn't change when I check out.
I repeat, Where did the $4.99 rate come from???? Bait and switch?
All of the prices shown on the cart page are the "dumb" estimate based purely on weight. That is why you see EVERY shipping option, including ones for other warehouses and lipo/non lipo.

Once you click continue it takes the time to calculate the actual shipping rates also based on your location and size of package.

The $4.99 is the dumb estimate, the live rate is the actual cost, which HK mentions right there as it seems like you can't read.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Bait and switch?


imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
StarHopper44's Avatar
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,680 Posts
"Once you click continue it takes the time to calculate the actual shipping rates also based on your location and size of package."

Taking time to calculate it at the point in question -- it's a computer after all -- being totally out of the question, of course.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post


imgumby
Your quote and reply contributes what to this thread???
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:25 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Your quote and reply contributes what to this thread???
Your posts and replies contributes what to this thread???
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Last edited by Razor_Racer; Jan 11, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
OK so the $4.99 rate is HK's Dumb estimate. I've done some more checking on the HK site with different items and the dumb estimate is always lower than the actual shipping rate at checkout. Why not make those dumb estimates to the high side? Then customers will be happy to see that the price has gone down instead of up at checkout. Or why not just eliminate the phony rates completely and set up the system to show accurate shipping information. If the rates don't change when checking out at the Aus warehouse then why do they at the US warehouse? This OP is not the first to bring up this issue.
Like Magrat said in the "Hobby King ripped me off" thread #20 referring to the HK staff meeting discussing Ripping off the yanks. Are they ripping of the American customers with Bait and Switch? I think so.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:53 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Lake Wales
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Try and get an instruction manual from them. I ordered an RX3S flight stabilizer got it in a plain baggy, no instructions or manual, contacted cust service 3 times got run around and a link to a photo of the RX....... no more cheap s@$% from HK
memtenn60 is offline Find More Posts by memtenn60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:17 AM
The END.....ha!
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by memtenn60 View Post
Try and get an instruction manual from them. I ordered an RX3S flight stabilizer got it in a plain baggy, no instructions or manual, contacted cust service 3 times got run around and a link to a photo of the RX....... no more cheap s@$% from HK
All the manuals are in soft copy under the files tabs for both V1 and V2? Most of the products have manuals under their files tab. Saves a few forrests.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:09 AM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,158 Posts
They have complete documentation including pictures on the website under the item.
Here's what is available for the RX3S stabilizer.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:26 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
When the RX3S was first released there was no documentation, only a picture for orientation - that is probably what memtem is talking about.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Too bad people can't stay on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
OK so the $4.99 rate is HK's Dumb estimate. I've done some more checking on the HK site with different items and the dumb estimate is always lower than the actual shipping rate at checkout. Why not make those dumb estimates to the high side? Then customers will be happy to see that the price has gone down instead of up at checkout. Or why not just eliminate the phony rates completely and set up the system to show accurate shipping information. If the rates don't change when checking out at the Aus warehouse then why do they at the US warehouse? This OP is not the first to bring up this issue.
Like Magrat said in the "Hobby King ripped me off" thread #20 referring to the HK staff meeting discussing Ripping off the yanks. Are they ripping of the American customers with Bait and Switch? I think so.
+1
Getting back to the OPs topic of why shipping rates jump higher at checkout.
If the first rate is always lower than the check out rate then I would agree with the bait and switch theory.
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Razor_Racer's Avatar
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
+1
Getting back to the OPs topic of why shipping rates jump higher at checkout.
If the first rate is always lower than the check out rate then I would agree with the bait and switch theory.
You would agree, you are Valantis wife.

If you would all PLEASE READ
Quote:
This list does not include local warehouse or live shipping rates.
Click 'Continue' to see your actual shipping options
It can't be a bait and switch when they tell you it's going to be switched

If that statement wasn't there or the live rates weren't there, then yes I would call that a bait and switch. But they freaking tell you right there with your eyes. Just look. Open your eyes and see the truth.

It's funny the same guy who yelled "SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN" when he was in the sights is now yelling spinning towards HK.
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:00 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
You would agree, you are Valantis wife.

"SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN"
HAHAHA! Now it makes sense here & elsewhere on the net!

I always thought there would be more than one tool in that shed.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by memtenn60 View Post
Try and get an instruction manual from them. I ordered an RX3S flight stabilizer got it in a plain baggy, no instructions or manual, contacted cust service 3 times got run around and a link to a photo of the RX....... no more cheap s@$% from HK
When you pay $15 for a flight stabilization system that costs 5x that anywhere else, you cannot expect to have someone hold your hand while you set it up. There are plenty of manuals on the hk site as posted above, tons of info on how to set up any flight stabilizer on the market.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Xheli does it again !! dankar04 Electric Heli Talk 7 Dec 01, 2012 01:18 PM
Discussion Does the lastest software show cells IR again? JIM CALDWELL A FMA Direct 9 Jul 22, 2012 01:55 PM
For Sale HK 500 Sell/ Trade for airplane LOWERED AGAIN, Last chance bpking Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 May 12, 2012 08:54 PM
Discussion HK is at it again. bimmerland HobbyKing 31 Apr 29, 2012 10:16 AM
Rant Turnigy does it again - 2 different sizes of cells in one 3S pack rampman Batteries and Chargers 14 Apr 28, 2012 01:09 PM