HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:59 AM
Tampa, Fl
Joined Jan 2002
698 Posts
Help!
Need KK 1.6 Tricopter (Agressive) firmware

Just need a download link. I have google'd' and searched forums for it. I can find reference to it all over, but no actual place to download.

It is in the KKMulticopterFlashTool but that one fails every time I use it as where the (Acro) version of the FW works just fine.

Any help is appreciated, or if anyone can link me to information to where I can learn how to set the PID's on a KK 5.5. Might not be able to with a USBasp, in which case I could try to use the header through a USB to seral connection.

Anyway,

Thanks for any help in a advance,
Rob
RobDog is online now Find More Posts by RobDog
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:31 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,554 Posts
You'll find a version on my blog with stick centering. SS3 is the aggressive version.

To set the PID (PI), set I pot to just above zero (if you set to zero, it enters arming reverse mode) and increase P as high as you can without oscillations - set to 50% to start. Then increase I so that it maintains attitude in forward flight without pitching up but not too high that it oscillates. You can only set P for yaw.

Pots are:

Pitch = I term (pitch and roll)
Roll = P term (pitch and roll)
Yaw = P term (yaw)
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:59 PM
Tampa, Fl
Joined Jan 2002
698 Posts
Yep. That does the trick!!!! Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:12 AM
Tampa, Fl
Joined Jan 2002
698 Posts
I would like to report that this is great firmware for the group here flying tri's. Very stable around center, and omg flipping about.

Thank you again!
Rob