Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:54 PM
United States, CO, Northglenn
Joined Dec 2012
93 Posts
Discussion
Ordering from our favorite online hobby shop?

I finally made an order from the us warehouse. (you prob know who i am talking about) When I tried to check out, my card was declined. huh? A typo maybe? I did just get back from Vegas, and maybe i went on black out gambling marathon or something? Nope. Funds are good, so what the heck. Called my bank and they shut my card down due to the fact that it was an overseas, possible fraudulent , transaction........ I thought it was us warehouse? Any way, My stuff isnt in the mail but a new card is.
banknwank is offline Find More Posts by banknwank
Last edited by banknwank; Jan 08, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:27 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,864 Posts
Nothing new.
The billing comes from China not the particular warehouse that the items will ship from.

Paypal is the way go.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:04 PM
inside joke, inside my head
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
I be bought stuff off hobby king with a credit card and the bank didn't care. Though I'm in New Zealand so maybe that arent so pedantic. At the moment I have a 800 mm corsair in the mail so I carnt wait till it comes
GySGT Fenix is offline Find More Posts by GySGT Fenix
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:47 AM
Like a Tortoise
Joined Jan 2013
144 Posts
Your Hobby online is it a certified online site to order?
hare is offline Find More Posts by hare
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:01 AM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Nothing new.
The billing comes from China not the particular warehouse that the items will ship from.

Paypal is the way go.
I had to stop buying from Hobby King after Paypal closed my account. So far I haven't missed them.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:28 AM
Joined Dec 2012
93 Posts
I will probably have to open a new paypal account and give that a try. My old pay pal account has my ex on the name and i cant change it? Cant open two accounts under same email....... so i will have to start a new email/pay account.

fmw...you say you havnt missed them. can you go into more detail as to why? I can say that ordering directly from hong kong seems like a pain in the butt to me. Just wire us your money and it will get there when it gets there. It may be back ordered for 3 months, and it takes 90 days to get a refund......... Thats prob a little exaggerated but thats the feeling i get. us warehouse is out of stock on about 90% of items all the time.... Any one else care to chime in, good or bad. They seem to have unbeatable pricing.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:59 AM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
Price isn't everything. Simple as that. We have some importers here in the U.S. that come close in price and provide oustanding service. The only things I used to buy from HK were batteries and EC3 connectors. I can get through life buying these things elsewhere. Paypal is not an option for me since I'm banned for life. I use American Express because it requires payment in full every month and HK doesn't accept American Express. So there isn't much I can do about it.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
93 Posts
can u recommend some us importers?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:25 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banknwank View Post
can u recommend some us importers?
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront.... great service,fast cheap shipping

http://www.amainhobbies.com/

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...ex&cPath=22_23
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw View Post
Price isn't everything. Simple as that. We have some importers here in the U.S. that come close in price and provide oustanding service. The only things I used to buy from HK were batteries and EC3 connectors. I can get through life buying these things elsewhere. Paypal is not an option for me since I'm banned for life. I use American Express because it requires payment in full every month and HK doesn't accept American Express. So there isn't much I can do about it.
Visa and MCard will accept payment in full every month also.? I have had good luck thus far with HK. Batteries from China take about 3 weeks, but everything from US warehouse comes in about 3 days.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw View Post
How did u get banned for life???
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob