HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BIGTACO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
259 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
Very nice (DIY) 2 Axis project gimbal

I have for sale a very nice (DIY) 2 axis project gimbal. I have used this gimbal with great results but have since moved onto another system. This is a project best fit for someone who loves DIY type projects because it will need to have electronics added and a few bits and pieces as well. What you will be buying is a solid base to begin with, then adding some buyout parts and BAM! Awesome gimbal will stand before you.

Gimbal description:

This gimbal is designed to use with smaller cameras, such as the Go-Pro and Contour. But it is best fit for Sony Nex-5N / 7N or similar sized cameras. It is constructed of mostly carbon fiber and aluminum, but one of the camera trays is made of black G10 (it comes with two trays). It uses belt drive and is designed for a 2.5:1 ratio. Which is an 80 tooth pulley at each axis and a 32 tooth pulley at each servo. The axes spin on precision shafts with balls bearings and bearing shims. Rotation on either axis is very smooth and there is ZERO "play" @ the moving parts. Which is very important to keep the video smooth. One camera tray is designed to use four vibration ball mount dampners to de-couple the camera from vibration caused by the chopper. I spent a TON of time and effort building this gimbal so it is very well made (not to brag :P). You will need to provide your own servos, gimbal controller, servo pulleys (GT2 tooth form), 4 vibration ball mounts for the camera tray, and some other odds and ends.

Gimbal is $150 plus shipping. I won't move on the price. Paypal only.

Here is a test video of the gimbal in action using the “Hoverflygimbal” controller.

Gimbal Flight Test 1 (6 min 1 sec)

Gimbal does not come with the landing gear, servos, or the Hex as seen in the pics.

BIGTACO is offline Find More Posts by BIGTACO
Last edited by BIGTACO; Jan 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:32 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,212 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
PM sent
techspy is online now Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined Sep 2007
259 Posts
Up to top
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2007
259 Posts
Upppppp
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:23 PM
Aerial Gimp
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
350 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
PM sent
supergimp is offline Find More Posts by supergimp
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:55 AM
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Mar 2012
113 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
very nice but,gimbals like this are past,try to redesign to use AlexMos controler and brushless motors.....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815204
silver surfer1 is offline Find More Posts by silver surfer1