HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:18 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Cool
Dogfights of the Future

I'm sure most of you have seen this before but I only just saw it over the weekend. Very cool hypothetical History Channel production pitting the latest Gen 4 and Gen 5 fighters against one another. It's not new so the latest Sukhoi is the Su-47 against the F-22. Wish they'd make a new version with the F-22 vs the Pak Fa vs whatever the Chinese have stolen the technology for and developed. Fun to watch nevertheless. It isn't EDF but still good entertainment.

As an aside, young man in my family is a fighter pilot. I saw him at Christmas and asked him what he's flying these days to which he replied "A boring old F-15". That made me laugh.

Dogfights-The Fifth Generation Aircraft (Dogsfights Of The Future) (1 hr 30 min 23 sec)
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:46 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Funny. Saw this one a while back and its interesting how close or far off assumed tactics progress.
At this point the US is replacing the B1 variant with UAVs. Because UAVs are some what dependent on Satellites, major plays have been demonstrating their satellite targeting missiles. Its not clear who has high orbit missiles yet which is where that really counts.

The mix of drones and fighters on both sides and the increasing targeting and range is becoming a reality.

It just comes down to how hungry the US may be if they are forced into a scrap. They will almost always come out ruling the skies but at greater costs. And it still doesn't help dealing with hardened targets if they are the ones going in country.

Any new update to this scenario video becomes more and more speculation since all side have fighters as the big white elephant, while working on devastating deterrents in the back room. So its always tactics to not go to war.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C