SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Help!
ESC does not respond to throttle signal in programming mode

I have a turnigy motor (Turnigy L2205-1350 Brushless Motor (100w)) connected to 18Amps Hobbyking ESC via a TX and RX(Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 1)), I got a problem - when the throttle of TX is in max position the ESC enters in programming mode but does not respond when the throttle is put down to select any options. The ESC keeps continuing to complete all 8 beeps and the cycle continues. When the throttle is kept in lowest position, ESC gives beep-beep-beep several times within very less span of time. I connected a servo motor on same channel 3 of receiver to see if the throttle signal works, the servo motor responds to the throttle signal when moved up and down, but the ESC when connected to same channel 3 does not respond to the throttle signal. Kindly suggest some help
roshanrevankar is offline Find More Posts by roshanrevankar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:40 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanrevankar View Post
I have a turnigy motor (Turnigy L2205-1350 Brushless Motor (100w)) connected to 18Amps Hobbyking ESC via a TX and RX(Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 1)), I got a problem - when the throttle of TX is in max position the ESC enters in programming mode but does not respond when the throttle is put down to select any options. The ESC keeps continuing to complete all 8 beeps and the cycle continues. When the throttle is kept in lowest position, ESC gives beep-beep-beep several times within very less span of time. I connected a servo motor on same channel 3 of receiver to see if the throttle signal works, the servo motor responds to the throttle signal when moved up and down, but the ESC when connected to same channel 3 does not respond to the throttle signal. Kindly suggest some help
This should be in the Power Systems board. Not sure how you got so far down in the page.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:06 AM
United Kingdom, Oakworth
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Make sure all the throttle settings on the TX are neutral (Trims & settings)
Big Wheels is offline Find More Posts by Big Wheels
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:56 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,876 Posts
It is possible that chan 3 is not the throttle chan. On some radios its #1. You may also have to reverse the throttle chan to make it functional. Find out for sure whether #3 or #1 is the throttle chan, and go from there. Doug B
Doug Bartley is online now Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:19 AM
Brasil, GO, Goi‚nia
Joined Feb 2009
417 Posts
Some esc's you have to put the throttle stick in middle position to enter or change a function... read your manual to confirm.

Humberto
humbertomelo is offline Find More Posts by humbertomelo
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:44 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,193 Posts
Quote:
18Amps Hobbyking ESC
Is it this one?
TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller

or this one?
Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC (card programmable)

or this one?
Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC

or this one?
Hobbyking SS Series 15-18A ESC

or this one?
TURNIGY Basic 18A v3.1 Speed Controller

or this one?
TowerPro w18A Brushless Speed Controller

or another ESC that's not listed here?

Quote:
When the throttle is kept in lowest position, ESC gives beep-beep-beep several times within very less span of time.
Continuous rapid beeping indicates that the low throttle position is not low enough.

Most likely the ESC's throttle range just needs to be calibrated. First make sure that no switches are operated on the tx. Move the throttle stick up to its highest position, turn on the tx and then apply power to the ESC. Wait until the motor makes 2 beeps (it may play a little tune before this), then immediately pull the throttle stick down to minimum. At this point the ESC should store the high and low throttle positions, and then you will be able to run the motor.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
The ESC is Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC (card programmable).

I have also uploaded a video on below link indicating the problem that I am facing, kindly have a look and please revert back in case anything is wrong and needs to be rectified.

Video (5 min 25 sec)

Video (5 min 25 sec)
roshanrevankar83 is offline Find More Posts by roshanrevankar83
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:39 AM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Apr 2009
2,701 Posts
Is your TX Mode 1 or Mode 2 ?

I know this may be a silly question, BUT you may be using the wrong stick as throttle?

Mode 1 = throttle on right stick

Mode 2 = throttle on left stick

Just a thought.
tacx is online now Find More Posts by tacx
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
the Tx is Mode 1
roshanrevankar83 is offline Find More Posts by roshanrevankar83