HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:05 AM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
417 Posts
Discussion
OrangeRX DSM2 Module, 9x and Blade BNF Micro Helis

I have done a lot of searching on RCG and the net for info on using my Turnigy 9x with an OrangeRX DSM2 Tx module to control Blade micro helis like the mSRx and mCPx. I was surprised at how little information I found scattered around - if i missed something please share the link. I was curious because everything I found sort of said no and I couldn't really afford to spend the money to get a dX6i or even experiment with the module from HK. So, I found a glitchy v1 module to play with.

I will post my results in this thread and, hopefully, other members will share their results so that we have a place to go to get info on making this work. Ideally we can share settings, problems/solutions, hints and other stuff.
JimStanmore is online now Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Jan 08, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:05 AM
Joined Aug 2010
417 Posts
Reserved for TOC in case this gets long...

Links:
OrangeRx module Troubleshooting:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1770202
mCPx Template for dX4e Module in 9x:
http://9xforums.com/forum/search.php?keywords=dsm&fid[0]=5
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Jan 08, 2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Aug 2010
417 Posts
mCPx first attempt

OK, just received a v1 module from another RCG member today. Scary moments until I switched er9x back to PPM from DSM2 (read the manual a third time, duh) and got the ID button unstuck (it somehow got stuck down.) I set the frame rate for 19.5, my templates for Spektrum order, and used a template to setup a new model for basic 4 channel. (Gotta love SmartieParts and eePe!) Powered up the mCX2 and then pressed the bind on the module and powered up the tx. A minute later the heli is responding just fine. I had to reverse channels 2 and 4 (rudder and aileron) which was disconcerting to do because I am used to the regular 9x Futaba order.

Flew it around for a minute and then gave the tx to my 12 year old son to finish off the battery. So, the mCX2 works just fine. I added D/R of 50% and H/L expos of 10 and 25 (those might be the wrong way) but, haven't done extensive testing with them. Tomorrow I'll try the mSRx and the CX3.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimStanmore; Oct 12, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Spelling...
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Aug 2010
417 Posts
just got to thinking that I didn't check servo travel. The linear servos won't bend a linkage like on a plank and i forgot to examine them as i moved the sticks. Will have to check that when i get home...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:38 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Sub... I was hoping the micros would work with the er9x and dsmx/dsm2 module.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Old Jan 06, 2014, 11:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
9X w/ stock v2.0.0 firmware - throttle and rudder swapped

I'm just trying to bind my 9X to my mSR and my heart almost stopped when the aileron stick made the heli take off into a chicken dance! *Googles for how to swap channels in-TX*...

Edit: doesn't seem like I can do that. the closest I get is the Mode 1-4 setting, neither of which swaps aileron controls with throttle.
coopy_capitaine is offline Find More Posts by coopy_capitaine
Last edited by coopy_capitaine; Jan 06, 2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2014, 01:09 PM
Belgium, Flanders, Lanaken
Joined Dec 2013
87 Posts
Mode is only about what stick operated what function on the Tx, but not about what output controls which servo/motor on heli.
If you have ER9x, just go to mixes screen en swap them manually.
JesseFDB is offline Find More Posts by JesseFDB