HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
Discussion
Introduction and question for heli pilots

Hello everyone, My name is Luke and I recently joined the club. I recently picked up a Helicommand HC3sx fbl controller and I have no experience setting it up. If anyone in the club has set one up I could use some help. Thanks
parapup is offline Find More Posts by parapup
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:02 AM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
Hopefully Boomstrike (Chris Z.) can point you in the right direction.

Very neat looking controller for self leveling. I don't have any experience in this department and only have an awareness from reading about multicopter controllers and gyro/accelerometer tuning.

Runryder forums maybe? http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/home/
Or here on RCGroups?
Or RCUniverse?
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
I have been looking in the helifreak forums, but it would be nice if someone had some first hand experience with the controller that could help me out. I will try to reach out to chris to see what he has to say. Thanks, Luke
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:04 PM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
Yea, if Chris doesn't have any first hand experience, he might have an idea if any of the other heli club members or friends in the area are running this gadget.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Old Jan 08, 2013, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
Thanks for the info. Hope winter is short this season so I can get out to the field to meet everyone. Thanks agian!
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:01 AM
Chris Zangl, VAM President
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2004
406 Posts
Hi, I dont have any experience with flybarless controlers yet but. Jerrymiester has used a couple different ones.he would be your best bet.if your available this Sunday we will be flying at Oshkosh in a gym from 9 to 4pm maybe jerry or one of the other guys would have some time to look at it.
Boom Strike is offline Find More Posts by Boom Strike
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:04 PM
Joined Jan 2013
16 Posts
Thanks Chris, I havent even tried messing with it yet. Thought that if someone had some experience with it I would get the help. This is my first fbl controller that I'm setting up so I'm a bit nervous about it.
I probably wont make it to oshkosh due to the fact its an hour drive for me. I might try reaching out to Jerry and see what he says. Thanks