SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:38 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Looks great - any chances you could post a ground view, or hard-mount a second cam on the copter ? We get a basic idea since you can see the arms every now and then but it would be great to see what the bird is actually doing.

I know someone already asked about it - sorry in case I've missed the answer - does Aleksey's board give you the option to manually control the gimbal's axes ?
jamac is offline Find More Posts by jamac
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Looking very impressive!
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:44 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post
I know someone already asked about it - sorry in case I've missed the answer - does Aleksey's board give you the option to manually control the gimbal's axes ?
Yes, it does:

kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Yes, it does:
awesome! Thank you.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
When connected to the FC stabilization channels what does it provide? Does it feed into the stabilization calculations on top of those of the gimbal controller?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
When connected to the FC stabilization channels what does it provide? Does it feed into the stabilization calculations on top of those of the gimbal controller?
Good question - I kind of missed that on the diagram. Unless they mean their FC which will be released at some point.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:32 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post
Good question - I kind of missed that on the diagram. Unless they mean their FC which will be released at some point.
Ya I'm not totally clear on if this can run totally stand alone or if it requires gimbal control input from the FC as well. The way I read it initially is that it did need the gimbal inputs but diagram makes it seem optional.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:47 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Ya I'm not totally clear on if this can run totally stand alone or if it requires gimbal control input from the FC as well. The way I read it initially is that it did need the gimbal inputs but diagram makes it seem optional.
It's a complete stand alone solution. But it has the option to override the stabilization through the FC or manually directly connected to the Rx.

Makes it universal and independend. Together with the AutoQuad's POI feature you'd be able to keep the cam pointed to a certain spot, no matter how the aircraft is moving.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:49 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
It's a complete stand alone solution. But it has the option to override the stabilization through the FC or manually directly connected to the Rx.

Makes it universal and independend. Together with the AutoQuad's POI feature you'd be able to keep the cam pointed to a certain spot, no matter how the aircraft is moving.
Ah ok thanks, so its really for extra features like POI driven from the FC where it is needed but not for basic stabilization or tilt. For normal stabilization it doesn't need or use the FC then.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
That clears it up, thanks kinderkram. It really sounds nice.
Just saw the motor rewinding video - never done it myself; seems like a lot of work but definitely doable.
Out of curiosity - will 'factory' rewinded motors be available along with the controller?Asking since some of us could probably use current gimbal frames and fairly easily adapt them for the system...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:18 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
Wow the stabilization looks damn good so far.

It's also great that its fully stand alone if you want so it can be easily used in other applications (boat camera, zip line, etc) not just multirotor.

I can't wait to see what every one comes up with and the eventual flood of the market with more camera stabilization systems.

I'll be getting a board or two once available, I have so many extra motors laying around.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:22 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,220 Posts
@ flightlab: correct.

@ jamac: Dunno what the plans of other vendors are but you'll probably get the chance to buy parts independently. For those who want to tinker with motor rewinding and for those who'll try to rework their own gimbals.
The AutoQuad vendors (Flyduino and Viacopter) will offer a complete package, where all parts will harmonize, so it'll be a no-brainer for end users...
Maybe I can talk our guys into offering the controller singled, so others can tinker with bigger gimbals and bigger motors for bigger cameras.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Irv
AKA the"Old Flyer" KI6SPO
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Aug 2004
104 Posts
Kinderkram,

Will AutoQuad vendors be selling the German, Russian,or both versions?
Irv is offline Find More Posts by Irv
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:54 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
971 Posts
Can't wait to see a buy button
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:55 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv View Post
Kinderkram,

Will AutoQuad vendors be selling the German, Russian,or both versions?
Only the Russian by Alex Moskalenko - it's simply the best atm.

I know the Germans have an Open Source license when Alex' version is not.
I don't think he'll be too gready to spoil the fun for hobbyists.
As far as I know there are at least 4 vendors for the Russian version.

Let's wait and see who comes first and serves the community best...
The wider the range of offers, the better!
RCG Plus Member