SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
165 Posts
Can I add to this questions list?

1. If connected to the FC will it be powered by the FC? If not powered by the FC I assume it will need its own power source (what should it be)

2. With the right TX/RX will the gimbal be able to be panned/tilt from the TX?

Sorry for the newbie questions : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
Hein,

My humble "understanding" is as follows;

1. How do I connect it to my APM2.5+ (Diydrones autopilot)? - there is no need, but you can take input from your autopilot for gimbal pitch or also for stabilisation if you wish (albeit no need)
2. Does it have a PC board that control the motors directly? No need for speed controllers? - PC board, designed by Alex Moss from Russia which has a very good reputation so far
3. Does it also have a processor that includes gyro's and accelerometers? I need more info on what is included? - Yes, that is what is on the board from Alex Moss

I hope this helps
Oztravels is offline Find More Posts by Oztravels
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:19 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,069 Posts
Wind_of_Change,

Do you have a link to one of your 3D videos? It sounds quite interesting.

Oztravels,

I assume that you meant to say GC (or Gimbal Controller) not FC (Flight Controller). There is no way you want to connect the YUN-I to your FC for power. The assumption is that the YUN-I GC will connect to the flight pack directly or through a separate regulator.
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:41 PM
United Kingdom, Edingale
Joined Aug 2005
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztravels View Post
Can I add to this questions list?

1. If connected to the FC will it be powered by the FC? If not powered by the FC I assume it will need its own power source (what should it be)

2. With the right TX/RX will the gimbal be able to be panned/tilt from the TX?

Sorry for the newbie questions : )

Let me stress that I haven't seen one yet, but from the wiring diagram I saw posted somewhere, I could suggest the following;

1. It is independently powered but i cant remember the voltage range sorry. You can connect to your FC for stabilisation if you want to, but there is no need and I am anticipating that will reduce the performance over the purpose design control board.
2. There is no pan as this is a 2 axis gimbal. The wiring diagram did show a channel feed from your RX and I assume this is for tilt control as there is no other need for a single channel input.

I hope this helps

Darren
Darrens is offline Find More Posts by Darrens
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
165 Posts
Brilliant! Thanks for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrens View Post
Let me stress that I haven't seen one yet, but from the wiring diagram I saw posted somewhere, I could suggest the following;

1. It is independently powered but i cant remember the voltage range sorry. You can connect to your FC for stabilisation if you want to, but there is no need and I am anticipating that will reduce the performance over the purpose design control board.
2. There is no pan as this is a 2 axis gimbal. The wiring diagram did show a channel feed from your RX and I assume this is for tilt control as there is no other need for a single channel input.

I hope this helps

Darren
Oztravels is offline Find More Posts by Oztravels
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post
Wind_of_Change,

Do you have a link to one of your 3D videos? It sounds quite interesting.

Oztravels,
You can check out my YouTube channel here:

BIRD'S EYE VIDEOS

I just started filming in 3D a few months ago, and have enough killer footage for several films, but haven't edited any because I'm still trying to get through a terabyte of shots from the previous months 2D work. But check it out and subscribe so you can be notified when the 3D stuff goes online in a month or so. Some of the 3D stuff I've got is stunning.

I can't wait to get a DDG gimbal. It's gonna make all the difference in my multi-rotor work.
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wind_of_Change; Mar 02, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:13 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,061 Posts
Already subbed to your channel; you have such beautiful scenery for flying out there!
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bill Hempel Xtreme Decathlon
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:09 PM
ToucanWings.fr
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2008
139 Posts
Tomorrow is march 4, too bad FPV Model doesn't come up with another video showing the horizon issue solved, i was going to buy this gimbal but now prefer to wait for something I can be sure of..
LucioleMC30 is offline Find More Posts by LucioleMC30
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:48 PM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,069 Posts
Wind_of_Change,

Thanks, I remember you now from the FPV forums. Very nice stuff!

LucioleMC30,

It can't hurt to wait, especially if you have reservations. I am hoping to see more information and specs on the YUN-I soon.
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:16 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Aug 2007
708 Posts
I'll be waiting for the second version...
MauiNate is offline Find More Posts by MauiNate
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:43 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,859 Posts
I'm just praying I didn't make a huge mistake by ordering because I know the Alexmos Viacopter version will be available in a month or so, and that one will work for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't post more videos like we asked.

I'm hoping the beta testers who get the finished product and test it will be verbal about their experience. Maybe that'll happen soon enough that I can cancel the order if FPV Model fails to deliver what they have promised.

If you're a beta tester and the horizon tilt just doesn't work, please, for the love of FPV, post your experience so the rest of us don't get ripped off.
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:48 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
I'm just praying I didn't make a huge mistake by ordering because I know the Alexmos Viacopter version will be available in a month or so, and that one will work for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't post more videos like we asked.

I'm hoping the beta testers who get the finished product and test it will be verbal about their experience. Maybe that'll happen soon enough that I can cancel the order if FPV Model fails to deliver what they have promised.

If you're a beta tester and the horizon tilt just doesn't work, please, for the love of FPV, post your experience so the rest of us don't get ripped off.
I would be patient, I saw another guys post with similar product that he solved horizon tilt just by reducing gains, I would not assume there is a problem.
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Mar 03, 2013, 02:27 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
I see the pre order period finishes today, is there any word on how long till the beta testers start to report back?. Have the Beta testers got units yet?
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:45 PM
United Kingdom, Edingale
Joined Aug 2005
98 Posts
Not me, I'm still waiting to hear
Darrens is offline Find More Posts by Darrens
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Jul 2012
429 Posts
YUN-I on 3D HELI. (9 min 37 sec)
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:30 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Thanks for posting another video. I think putting the Yun-1 on a 3D heli is some extreme stress testing for a camera gimbal, especially at the speeds and G's that it was flying at. And for the most part, it looked pretty good in those conditions. I think it will look great on a attitude stabilized hex or quad.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member