HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:08 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Speaking of common sense, with their price policy you never know if the price is right lol!!
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:47 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tom View Post
can we get some video of FLYING with that gimbal, to see if it looses horizon in turning due to centrifugal force that messes with acc-z axis?

not hovering in one place like a baloon? and then slowly moving forward, stop, turn around in place, and come back...

here is an example of properly molested gimbal during very strong stick bashing and turning around in high G turns...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PXvq_q28hv0
That is a decent test video in terms of flight. Unfortunately, they are not confident enough about the gimbal's performance to show us anything but the view from a fisheye lens.
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:01 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
That is a decent test video in terms of flight. Unfortunately, they are not confident enough about the gimbal's performance to show us anything but the view from a fisheye lens.

I think it is a great video, I would buy that gimbal and stabalizer today if I could ...

If the video looks good with a go pro all else is uphill.. Notice no jello..

I wish the tweakers that are experimenting would take it one step further and make the prototypes that can handle at least a sony nex5 or gh2, talk about taking the market from zemuse... I think to much focus on the go pro...
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:51 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tom View Post
can we get some video of FLYING with that gimbal, to see if it looses horizon in turning due to centrifugal force that messes with acc-z axis?

not hovering in one place like a baloon? and then slowly moving forward, stop, turn around in place, and come back...

here is an example of properly molested gimbal during very strong stick bashing and turning around in high G turns...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PXvq_q28hv0
Hear hear! That's what I call a proper test!
sindre is offline Find More Posts by sindre
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:01 AM
Joined Aug 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindre View Post
Hear hear! That's what I call a proper test!
Stil work to do, but that is the proper test. Waiting for others to fly more aggressive...
to22ni is offline Find More Posts by to22ni
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:13 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Quite correct , this is a place holder purely for google purposes .
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:41 PM
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Feb 2013
68 Posts
Where do you get the controller board for the simple bgc? or do we take a normal gimbal controller and change the code?

Can someone give a list of the motors and controller they used?
cq316 is offline Find More Posts by cq316
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:48 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
I have a gimbal controller on the way. So in order to prepare myself for the upcoming BLDC craze I am learning how to rewind motor. Finally last night I actually completed one. It is a larger motor from Exceed RC. So I put on 100 turns of #34 mag wire on each lobe. That's 1,200 turns in 12 lobes. I am getting 20 Ohms on each phase. I don't know what that means as to whether it is compatible with the BLDC controller or not. I will find out soon enough. At least the motor spins albeit slowly.

20130206 Re-wound motor test (0 min 54 sec)
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:39 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Please help save the unmanned systems industry, in Oregon, by signing thepetition in opposition to Senate Bill 71. http://www.change.org/petitions/oreg...pv-communities

This bill seeks to create a blanket ban against unmanned aircraft use in the state of Oregon. It stifles legitimate scientific, commercial, and artistic uses for these systems and does not distinguish between military style drones and those used for peaceful purposes.

I have no affiliation with the original message ,
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Last edited by vip; Feb 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:04 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
VIP,

Just curious as to WHY you picked THIS thread to post that in....? Right....TOTALLY OFF Topic........Why not a completely NEW Topic/Thread....?
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:17 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
because it deserves to be passed around. if one state passes this more will follow and soon we will all have fines and possily jail time thrown at us.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:22 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,218 Posts
Maybe, but why spam several threads instead of opening a new one in the talk section?
Cross posting is forbidden btw.
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:36 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
because it deserves to be passed around. if one state passes this more will follow and soon we will all have fines and possily jail time thrown at us.
I'm perfectly sure that Robinson Helicopters, a California Company, whose ships have trained more Rotor Wing Pilots than all of the other Manufacturers combined, would LOVE the comments about how unsafe their products are in comparison to UAS's, which are completely unproven in Public Safety....

Again...YOU and the other poster are Spamming the Forums...If you want to take up a cause for your own particular State, make a new thread. better yet, contact your particular Congressman.......
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:41 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Maybe, but why spam several threads instead of opening a new one in the talk section?
Cross posting is forbidden btw.
Don't sweat it bro. This is REALLY important (unfortunately)
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:00 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
heli - i only made the comment here, i haven't said anything elsewhere so i haven't been spamming anywhere. And I'm in VA not OR but i know it will spread if OR passes the bill into law and that will then effect everyone who want to do AP/AV work. If something were to pop up in NC you can bet i would help spread the word and get it knocked down and i hope you would do the same thing.
Now that the word is out lets get back on topic to the brushless system.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp