Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 08, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, CA, Glendora
Joined Oct 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianhowser View Post
Don't know if this any help to anyone and I am new to all this gimbal stuff but with the help of posts on here I think I have it dialled in pretty well. Been out tonight in 30 Mph winds and the footage is still very usable and my hex was all over the place. When I connect to the USB, the assistant software doesn't see the controller unless I power my the gimbal as well. Once I am connected I am able to disconnect the gimbal power and make adjustments and write to the controller. I have found if I disconnect the power then set the balanced yun-1 in the correct level position and then calibrate it works a treat. I can then enter the settings I want and voila, nice working gimbal.
just tried this method. didnt work for me
i have downloaded and updated the drivers however once i plug the yun-1 to usb the yun-1 isnt detected under my computer or assistant, but i do hear the chime once i connect it to the usb
Mrtarango32 is offline Find More Posts by Mrtarango32
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtarango32 View Post
just tried this method. didnt work for me
i have downloaded and updated the drivers however once i plug the yun-1 to usb the yun-1 isnt detected under my computer or assistant, but i do hear the chime once i connect it to the usb
If you connect the gimbal to your PC via USB only and start assistant, what message do you get under the login details?
ianhowser is offline Find More Posts by ianhowser
Old May 08, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
If you connect the gimbal to your PC via USB only and start assistant, what message do you get under the login details?

checking if computer connected to USB device

and itll sit like that
Old May 08, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
checking if computer connected to USB device

and itll sit like that
So at that point if you power the gimbal from your lipo and leave for 30 secs, does that message change?
Old May 08, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
So at that point if you power the gimbal from your lipo and leave for 30 secs, does that message change?
stays the same...

i keep thinking i downloaded the assistant and drivers wrong but i tried it 5 times. and its weird the yun-1 once connected to usb wont even come up in
Old May 08, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
stays the same...

i keep thinking i downloaded the assistant and drivers wrong but i tried it 5 times. and its weird the yun-1 once connected to usb wont even come up in
Just checked, my connection doesn't show up in windows either but does connect to assistant using this method. Very strange!
Old May 08, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Oct 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
Just checked, my connection doesn't show up in windows either but does connect to assistant using this method. Very strange!
Yes very lost here.

So your process is....
Connect yun-1 to USB
Open assistant.
Power up yun-1 with lipo
Let it sit for 30 seconds and the assistant should find yun-1??
Old May 08, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Yes very lost here.

So your process is....
Connect yun-1 to USB
Open assistant.
Power up yun-1 with lipo
Let it sit for 30 seconds and the assistant should find yun-1??
Yeah that's how I have to do it, I am sure the first time I connected, it was USB only but now I must power up once the USB is connected. It's doesn't take 30s more like 3 but just wanted to make sure for you! Sorry this hasn't helped.
Old May 08, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that's how I have to do it, I am sure the first time I connected, it was USB only but now I must power up once the USB is connected. It's doesn't take 30s more like 3 but just wanted to make sure for you! Sorry this hasn't helped.
Ya it's fine. Ill keep digging at it. Or maybe some experts here will chime in. Ill try it on another computer once off work.
One thing I didn't do when I logged into the assistant register page. Was give the serial number of the yun-1 bgc
Idk if that means anything
Old May 08, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Mar 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Ya it's fine. Ill keep digging at it. Or maybe some experts here will chime in. Ill try it on another computer once off work.
One thing I didn't do when I logged into the assistant register page. Was give the serial number of the yun-1 bgc
Idk if that means anything
I did put my serial number in, don't know if that makes a difference!
Old May 08, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
I seem to have a little hiccup in my gimbal. The roll is perfectly smooth and the pitch is not bad except on one point it breaks smoothness and I tilt it foward and back. It's always in the same place and if I hold it there the high pitched motor noise increases and it vibrates a little. as I move past this point it gets smooth again. I've messed around with settings in the gui but can't seem to dial it out. Anyone else run into this? Could it be my motor?
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old May 08, 2013, 09:16 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,160 Posts
Have you got video?
There's a difference between tilting the gimbal and tilting the camera. Which one is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdogfilms View Post
I seem to have a little hiccup in my gimbal. The roll is perfectly smooth and the pitch is not bad except on one point it breaks smoothness and I tilt it foward and back. It's always in the same place and if I hold it there the high pitched motor noise increases and it vibrates a little. as I move past this point it gets smooth again. I've messed around with settings in the gui but can't seem to dial it out. Anyone else run into this? Could it be my motor?
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2013, 09:24 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
Sorry to post this in the middle of everyone's questions, but I did this video and several others today, and I am really impressed. The yun-1 is doing better than I thought it could. I am impressed.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

YUN-1 Brushless Gimbal , DJI Hexa 550 with WKM (6 min 50 sec)
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2013, 09:39 PM
Explorocam
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Sorry to post this in the middle of everyone's questions, but I did this video and several others today, and I am really impressed. The yun-1 is doing better than I thought it could. I am impressed.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpGbmzNef3s
Is that with stock motors?
Exploroman is offline Find More Posts by Exploroman
Old May 08, 2013, 09:41 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploroman View Post