SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruiser View Post
Looks like the tilt cannot perform 360 because it's blocked somewhere in the rotation...
Am I wrong ?
Who needs 360 on tilt (or any other axis) for AP/AV? Except those who watched too many DJI promo vids where the Zenmuse rotates 360 at something like 5Hz (and in those many S800 crash vids of course). Or do you plan to film your own copter? I was under the impression AP/AV gimbals are supposed to record things on the ground where the customer's asset is...
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:20 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Who needs 360 on tilt (or any other axis) for AP/AV? Except those who watched too many DJI promo vids where the Zenmuse rotates 360 at something like 5Hz (and in those many S800 crash vids of course). Or do you plan to film your own copter? I was under the impression AP/AV gimbals are supposed to record things on the ground where the customer's asset is...
From the picture it doesn't even look like it could tilt 90 degrees down which many people film pointing straight down. It could just be an optical illusion from the angle the picture was taken at. Also it would need to go a tad more that 90 degrees for it to stabilize a facing down shot too.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
From the picture it doesn't even look like it could tilt 90 degrees down which many people film pointing straight down. It could just be an optical illusion from the angle the picture was taken at.
To me it looks like it could point straight down, considering the length of the fork arm (the black thing) and the visible gap in the shown position. Even if it won't, it will be trivial for the designer to make longer arms.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:45 PM
paris, france
Joined May 2005
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
I agree but it's not a big deal to make it possible. So why not make it ? At least for the tilt, 90 down could be useful....
ptcruiser is offline Find More Posts by ptcruiser
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the tilt cannot perform 360 because it's blocked somewhere in the rotation...
Am I wrong ?
You're right! with GoPro2 can't perform 360 tilt...
it's only a prototype
Need to increase lenght and think a way to adjust roll balance with different weighted motor...

I'll don't sell it but I can share plans if someone think to improve it and share improved plans to everybody...my weekend is ended and I have not more time until friday
torg is offline Find More Posts by torg
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
paris, france
Joined May 2005
37 Posts
tks
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
I agree but it's not a big deal to make it possible. So why not make it ? At least for the tilt, 90 down could be useful....
Yes, 90 is not a big deal and it should be done. If you want to use 360 then better think of how to wire the camera (or use one that has WiFi). Most people will use wires though for video out and shutter trigger.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:17 PM
paris, france
Joined May 2005
37 Posts
Absolutely.
I'm with you on that point.
360 was a bad approximation (maybe due to my poor English).
But I had in mind 90 down tilt.
Last edited by ptcruiser; Jan 20, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:22 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,220 Posts
I have a nice gimbal here controled by my NAZA, its waiting to swap the servos for small brushless motors i have here and waiting for the 150$ controller.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:35 PM
recep
Ankara, TURKEY
Joined Sep 2005
491 Posts
Will there be two versions of the card, one for gopro like cams and one for bigger cams?
recep is online now Find More Posts by recep
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
So here the plans: http://www.diygimbals.com/steadygo-brushless-gimbal/

I think we all deserve a little more information from the seller ...
Will be avalaible a kit with only controller and motors?
What size will be the motors?
Why the controller for GoPro version may not work well for larger motors?
torg is offline Find More Posts by torg
Last edited by torg; Jan 20, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
AKA 3DJIM
Bournemouth Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2004
439 Posts
I'm In where do I insert my card!!

Jim.
Tetley is offline Find More Posts by Tetley
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
Simon
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
subscribed
Asomaro is offline Find More Posts by Asomaro
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:23 PM
Close Range Aerial Imagery
Argentina, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CF
Joined Feb 2006
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
So here the plans: http://www.diygimbals.com/steadygo-brushless-gimbal/

I think we all deserve a little more information from the seller ...
Will be avalaible a kit with only controller and motors?
What size will be the motors?
Why the controller for GoPro version may not work well for larger motors?
The controller can handle limited currents which might not be enough to move the mass of larger cameras like DSLRs. There will be different boards that will handle more Amps (just like the ESCs do).
One key factor of this new technology is camera gimbal/balancing, your gimbal must be able to provide adjusting options in order to completely balance out every axis once camera installed.
Alexmos board+sensor results are beyond any expectations so far, this is just the beginning. A third axis board (pan) is in the works right now.
Waiting the controller to arrive in here to test in small cameras.
copterfilms is offline Find More Posts by copterfilms
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:50 PM
Learn to fly with thumb..
Indonesia, West Java, Depok
Joined Aug 2012
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiealadph View Post
Pm me also sir.
Me too sir.. pleaseeee..
waladi is online now Find More Posts by waladi