HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Orange makes History! First Monster Energy sweep for KTM! Dungey 450 and Roczen 250 SX Congrats!!!! Cool part is both classes were stacked full of talent so no one needs to put an * next to either win. Been waiting since '68 for this to happen...wooohoooo
Great meeting Dave, top result for KTM. Dungey did well I thought as did Ken.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:43 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Wow what a great night of racing. Both lcq's were so intense with the 250's stacked and even tyla ratray not making it and then for Dungey to catch the leaders and get in was awesome. They were like mini main events! Both main events were crazy and with Roczen so fast Eli cant be messing up even on starts and he needs to win every main event before last night just to make up points lost so with a 3rd it will take Roczen having a bad night for things to change. Could be a ktm 250 championship if so Dave. Pretty amazing night for Dungey though and to swoop around outside on the start was brilliant and lucky too, but he made it happen. All of a sudden he is 2nd in championship how weird is that. Everyone else was having a pretty bad night though: RV, Reed, Canard, and then there's JS who did a good job but got tired after lap 10 it looks like.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:30 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Wow what a great night of racing. Both lcq's were so intense with the 250's stacked and even tyla ratray not making it and then for Dungey to catch the leaders and get in was awesome. They were like mini main events! Both main events were crazy and with Roczen so fast Eli cant be messing up even on starts and he needs to win every main event before last night just to make up points lost so with a 3rd it will take Roczen having a bad night for things to change. Could be a ktm 250 championship if so Dave. Pretty amazing night for Dungey though and to swoop around outside on the start was brilliant and lucky too, but he made it happen. All of a sudden he is 2nd in championship how weird is that. Everyone else was having a pretty bad night though: RV, Reed, Canard, and then there's JS who did a good job but got tired after lap 10 it looks like.

I have to agree John the LCQs where stacked and some great racing, very intense. Dungey was really lucky and skilled to make it through to the main even. Just when I thought RV was going to start dominating he takes some more dirt samples. Davi has been the most consistent rider out there so far.
Had to get my bike fix after the SX lol.
Atomik MM450 green laps (4 min 39 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Who's looking forward to the supercross today ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:26 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,418 Posts
I am.

I am close enough I should of gone but was thinking I had to work these last few weekends I never got tickets.

Going to be wicked cold here tonight also so I'm glad I'm watching on TV instead.
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:34 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320fastback View Post
I am.

I am close enough I should of gone but was thinking I had to work these last few weekends I never got tickets.

Going to be wicked cold here tonight also so I'm glad I'm watching on TV instead.
That would have been great. Are you guys still going through that cold spell?
We're off .
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:40 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,418 Posts
That was a awesome jump KDub did on the introductions.

Yeah it's going to be in the 30's here tonight. I know it's not bad compared to a lot of places but for us in So Calif near the beach that's almost the end of the world.

Heat 1 is NOW!
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Go Davi .
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:18 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Pretty amazing how bad Davi is making previous champions look right now. I think the whole industry is just a bit shocked or amazed or both at the moment for him. Happy for Davi though. Sure will make the title chase that much more interesting as former champs realize they need to stop crashing so much or they will never get enough points to catch him. Its a little weird seeing so many champs racing and yet Davi is the most solid. Maybe the eastern rounds will produce some closer racing. It will be nice to watch the eastern 250 rounds for a change too.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
I agree with you guys, Davi Milsaps looks very comfortable leading all the expected front runners. Reed was putting a lot of pressure on him and he didn't miss a line the whole time. That track was so one lined that no one coming from behind could make quick passes to get to the front to challenge which was to Davi's advantage too. Even if they got there like Barcia did DM was so smooth and quick thru the turns they would have had to make a banzai move to get by. Hope he gets every hole shot the rest of the season! (With Dungey 2nd lol). That will make for some good racing to watch!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Davi was riding smoothly with a very cool head. Like you say John making past champions look sloppy. He's got the starts worked out and the bike is working well. He knows how to win a championship so good luck to him I say. It's always good to see different faces on the box. Still a long way to go yet and anything can and often does happen.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
SX today, new 250 class starting their championship. Looking forward to the action.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:55 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Racing was really good considering it was almost like previous round (Anaheim 3) slick and one lined. That geico rookie Bell needs to chill out wow he is lucky. Im surprised he wasnt taken to hospital even if he could walk after that just for observation or internal injuries. Was hoping to see how Marvin on the Ktm was going to run and even though he started last he looks really fast so Dean wont have it easy. What a bummer about JS7 but racing was still good with top 4, just Dungey needs to go for it sooner.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Gavin Faith had a great first heat, not so good in the main. Holy crap Bells crash, wow is all I can say, if it was me I'd be broken all over lol. At 18 you bounce much better. And then he hit the ground hard again in the main. Ouch.
Partridges whoops wheelie pass was cool.
Stewart had the speed, bummer his clutch packed it in.
Davi has got the flow and really is focused on the starts and first corner. He's riding with a very cool head and doing just what he needs to do. RV got out front and checked out, he needs to do that every race from now on to make up points. Not many points to be made up when Davi finishes well. Dungey made a nice aggressive move on Reed which was good to see him not holding back. The track looked treacherous and super slippery and like you say John very one lined. Marvin was very quick coming from last. Wilson will be hard to beat now though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
So the 2 interesting news bits I heard for the week was Eli Tomac is going to race like the next 4 east coast races so that is going to be even more excitement to all the anticipation of each race. He just better stay cool and not screw up his 250 west chances. Second thing was that honda and the kaw guys are now using tire warmers for mx.