SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Yeah Chris, "settled after having a bit of a scare" I saw that too but I didn't mention it because I figured most wouldn't have seen it cause it happened so fast.. After the "Chad-apault" and the "back and knee breaker", any close call would sober you up and knock some of the "daring do" out of a guy. I think if he takes it easy and rides good enough to keep the points close, by mid season he'll have his speed back and get on the podium and maybe a win or 2. But the competition is so deep this year, it's crazy. You better be someone or you're not gonna see the podium - 800 - 29 - 14 - etc.
I saw it and heard the panic rev and though oh no not again. I think you are right Dave if he rides consistently while others around him don't and by mid season he gets some good fitness and his head right and he's still in the chase he may step it up a bit. It's definitely a good stacked field though and just making the box an achievement.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
There's a lot of guys riding a wheel chair now that didn't bail off anywhere near the speed he was moving. When I saw that< I told my wife he is so lucky that bike came up and "booted" him over the berm--anything shorter and he would have "speared" head first into the dirt bank. And then to come back and run like he did. lucky, lucky boy - buy a lotto ticket -- now!
I think he got something better than the lottery win this time Dave. He walked away from a crash like that lol. I think I'd take being alive and able to walk over the lottery. He might have used up all his luck there haha.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:10 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Very true Chris. There was a kid that died from a crash at the amateur racing I think race was like the gatorback or gator bowl or something. I think he landed head first and it just destroyed his neck. When I saw that crash of Davalos thats what I thought was going to happen until he went over the berm instead.

Its like 2011, but better. 2011 had all the guys full speed. This year its them plus JB and now Davi. What is so fun, if your into thinking about these riders (fantasy mx, or bench racing as they call it), is how the first 2 races we have winners most would not have considered. Top 5's for both DM and JB, definately, but wins...didnt see it coming. All of a sudden we got JS with another injury issue, RV finding his rythm, CR finding himself, Trey showing brillance with a dash of mistakes. All of them opening the door for other riders like Justin and Davi to find confidence after winning.

I was thinking this win for Justin is going to be really bad news for the others. He will probably make some rookie mistakes later in series, but I didnt expect a win so soon. While everyone else is trying to get there cr@p together they just opened the door for JB so now he's out front building more and more confidence and all it took was a good start for him. He showed up to the second race like we would expect from JS, CR, and even RV.

If they can all stay healthy, by the mid to later point of season, I expect racing to just go off the deep end and get crazy. So nice to have something fun to watch every weekend.

Lets try this, want to try guessing top 3 (or make it more interesting with top 5) and see who's closest?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Very true Chris. There was a kid that died from a crash at the amateur racing I think race was like the gatorback or gator bowl or something. I think he landed head first and it just destroyed his neck. When I saw that crash of Davalos thats what I thought was going to happen until he went over the berm instead.

Its like 2011, but better. 2011 had all the guys full speed. This year its them plus JB and now Davi. What is so fun, if your into thinking about these riders (fantasy mx, or bench racing as they call it), is how the first 2 races we have winners most would not have considered. Top 5's for both DM and JB, definately, but wins...didnt see it coming. All of a sudden we got JS with another injury issue, RV finding his rythm, CR finding himself, Trey showing brillance with a dash of mistakes. All of them opening the door for other riders like Justin and Davi to find confidence after winning.

I was thinking this win for Justin is going to be really bad news for the others. He will probably make some rookie mistakes later in series, but I didnt expect a win so soon. While everyone else is trying to get there cr@p together they just opened the door for JB so now he's out front building more and more confidence and all it took was a good start for him. He showed up to the second race like we would expect from JS, CR, and even RV.

If they can all stay healthy, by the mid to later point of season, I expect racing to just go off the deep end and get crazy. So nice to have something fun to watch every weekend.

Lets try this, want to try guessing top 3 (or make it more interesting with top 5) and see who's closest?
I guessed Barcia would win the last race lol. Not sure about the season but he's off to a good start. Gonna be tough all right this year, whoever wins will deserve it that's for sure.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:19 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
JS7 confirmed to have torn acl. Says he's still planning to race though! I think I read somewhere that he said now that he knows the injury and its just torn he can race harder. That doesnt seem to be the smart thing to do, but sure will make for some more excitement in the near term lol. http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...warts-torn-acl
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:45 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
JS7 confirmed to have torn acl. Says he's still planning to race though! I think I read somewhere that he said now that he knows the injury and its just torn he can race harder. That doesnt seem to be the smart thing to do, but sure will make for some more excitement in the near term lol. http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...warts-torn-acl
A torn acl mostly affects a rider when he has to plant his foot hold the bike up when the front end of the bike is "pushing" or trying to slide out from under the rider. Or when you have your leg out for a corner and accidently catch your foot on the ground and rips your leg back. Usually jumps and bump don't bother you. I've had the bike jump sideways off a bump and knock my knee out of socket tho' even with a brace on it I raced for ten years with the right acl "shreaded" (doctors word) and the left acl totally separated. $2400 in knee braces let me still race. I'm sure JS's doctors will strengthen the muscle around the knee and brace him up. It will still hamper him at the pro level because he will have no faith that his knee will hold him up in those situations that I mentioned above. It will force him to be very cautious in which lines he chooses. I know it caused me to worry every time I entered a soft deep sandy corner. I wouldn't / couldn't ride deep muddy tracks at all.
Hopefully James's acl isn't stretched to the point of losing stability. If that's the case he can still win.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 17, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:55 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Well, so far JS7 is good for heat wins only, bummer. So regarding Barcia, found some slow motion of his face plant. This is why I give my vmx450 a handlebar pad lol. Broken nose but expected to race round 4.

Justin Barcia Horribly Casing Triple - Anaheim 2 supercross RD3 (1 min 33 sec)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:52 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
retirement

Found this while reading about Windham retiring...What a lucky guy.
http://twitter.com/kdub_14/status/29...098881/photo/1
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:11 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Found this while reading about Windham retiring...What a lucky guy.
http://twitter.com/kdub_14/status/29...098881/photo/1
Yup, Who doesn't love KDub? Just think of the winning career he would have had if Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart and Chad Reed hadn't come into the series when they did. The man must have more 2nd and 3rd place finishes than any other rider in history. I loved the last 3 or 4 seasons rooting for him, especially when he was trying his best to run with and banging bars with James. Hate to see him leave, but it got dangerous for him to try to run with the fast guys. Glad he's leaving healthy so he can enjoy what ever he wants to do. EnduroCross, lol. YES
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:02 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Roczen wins, tomac bruised up

ROCZEN WINS, TOMAC BRUISED UP, and a giant Reed, Stewart and Bam Bam dirt eating contest while R. Villipoto wins.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:58 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Yeah, I really like Eli so for him to dnf again like last year was just a real bummer. With that said, its nice to see Rockzen get a win. If Rockzen can hold 2nd places all season he could win #1 if all it takes is Eli to screw up one more time. Makes for yet another great 250 show down to the wire like last year.

What a mess that was in 450s. It will be interesting to see how Reed can rebound from that. RV looked like rocket out there compared to everyone else. Barcia sure is taking a whoopin out there in rookie year fashion, and surprisingly its just his own mistakes or bad timing, not from getting pushed around.

Roger Decoster signed with ktm till 2016 so ktm has a good future in taking on the imports.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Wow, action and carnage throughout. Great to see Roczen get the win. I hope Tomac is ok. RV has found his form so I'd say its game over for the other guys lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:44 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,371 Posts
Whos watching tonight?
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:31 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Whos watching tonight?
I'm watching now Chris and holy , carnage and action galore. And the finals haven't even started yet . Awesome. Here goes the finals.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:00 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Orange makes History! First Monster Energy sweep for KTM! Dungey 450 and Roczen 250 SX Congrats!!!! Cool part is both classes were stacked full of talent so no one needs to put an * next to either win. Been waiting since '68 for this to happen...wooohoooo