HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:43 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320fastback View Post
Btw KX500's rule
Agreed! But too fast and lairy for me. Just even thinking about putting even a tiny smidgeon of throttle on and WAAAAA!!!! Bar shake and violence and holy cow! Then it's time to flick up to 3rd...

I'll stick to the ickle stuff thank you very much. KMX 200's DR350's et al

It's a shame the fire breathing dragons are no longer though...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:41 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,760 Posts
lol JB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I saw that about an hour ago and was going to post it, but I got side tracked ordering the damm Kyosho servo and forgot. Those 450's go 0 to 60 to 0 in a hurry don't they Scary part is Tomac was running the same lap times ON THE 250 as Milsaps and Canard!! Good post JMc
Speaking of fast laps, I just looked at lap times for both 250 and 450 main events and Eli posted the fastest lap of ALL racers of the mains, with a low 55 second, with Trey next fastest lap also in 55 range.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:48 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,277 Posts
I have only ever ridden the big K5.
Im pretty tall and built but not overwight so I can handle them pretty easy.

Yeah, theres somthing about 70 horse power that will make you say a little prayer before you head off.

Used to ride it at all the local SoCalif tracks but now mainly out in desert when we go on our RC flying trips.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:46 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,760 Posts
Hi fastback. My Dad used to take us kids out to a place called California City for desert riding. Used to ride out from our camp to this little mining town for a drink. Never went to any spots down south except maybe off highway 5 near Magic Mountain. Dont ride or own a bike (last one was a 1979 or abouts yz250). Thats why I enjoy these rc dirt bikes and watching supercross.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:40 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,277 Posts
I know of California City... I have been all over So Cal and Mexico off roading long ago. California City is by Edwards AFB and near to El Mirage where we also fly at sometimes.

This is a little video I put together from the last trip I went on.

Highlight with bikes are:
4:15 My friend getting stuck in Mud on old Yamaha 3wheeler
4:32 Found a little track
5:12 Friend get to experience the "Big Red Honda Hunter"
5:20 Run up to 80 MPH.. Need to change counter sprocket, is set for paddle.
5:35 Ride thru a Bombing Range. (We all thought FPV was dangerous!)
6:14 Me misunderstanding was a First Gear Roll on Drag was. I seriously though we were not shifting until he pulled away

I gotta get out and ride more. This bike just got rebuilt and registered.
Superstition Mountain RC Flying Feb 2012 (7 min 44 sec)
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Looking forward to tomorrow's ( today when you guys wake up ) supercross .
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Gotta give it to Barcia as this race as he was untouchable. Maybe if RV got a better start and stopped laying it down he may have challenged. It was a good comeback from him nonetheless. Canard threw it all away, second place and the points lead. At least he stayed healthy this time. Davi consolidated and took advantage of Treys mistake to still hold the points lead. Looks like its going to be a great season. Hopefully someone can take it to Barcia as he's building confidence and speed. Reed was in the mix but lacked the confidence and maybe fitness or set up almost binning it and backing off I think a bit like Davalos who would have been happy leaving in one piece. JS7 just didn't figure in the equasion this time. Davalos had the most spectacular off and was really lucky to race the final let alone finish where he did. Tomac is looking the man to beat in the lites. Ken was quick but didn't get a great start. You can't give Tomac any head start. Some great races, looking forward to next week already.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Forgot Dungey, I think its a race he'd rather forget also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:11 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Forgot Dungey, I think its a race he'd rather forget also.
Yeah, starting way on the outside he was doomed unless he pulled the perfect start (Davalos), which he obviously did not . Reed looked better this week and was running competitive laps till he pooped out. Tough coming back from a broken vertebrate and a torn ACL!! Im so rooting for 22 to be able for a challenge for the championship!
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:18 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,760 Posts
How lucky was Davalos that his bike gave him a bounce up over the berm wow. Great comeback for him. What happened to M Stewart 18th sounds like he's back to his old ways like big brother. Wished they covered some of the other 250 battles in main.

Dungey was awful all night wow that was kind of surprising, but when he took 2nd in lcq I had a hunch he would be a no show in main. JS7 and Reed are just there, not looking aggressive but riding smart I guess. Id like to see 22 come back too. RV is just looking sloppy all over, bad starts, wild in corners, and still going down in the mains geez, but IF he gets a good start then he still has the speed to dominate. He just needs to get his shyt together. Milsaps was nice to see he can contend now although trey handed him that 3rd. Very bummed for Trey going down last lap dang I wanted to see RV and Trey go down to the finish to see what happens as they have some serious history in the 250s! Looks like JB will be contending for the title. Its only going to get worse for these guys next year when Eli shows up haha.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:42 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Yeah, starting way on the outside he was doomed unless he pulled the perfect start (Davalos), which he obviously did not . Reed looked better this week and was running competitive laps till he pooped out. Tough coming back from a broken vertebrate and a torn ACL!! Im so rooting for 22 to be able for a challenge for the championship!
Yea I forgot Chad as well. He was in there but like you say either pooped out or settled after having a bit of a scare. Not quite on the pace still of the top guys at the moment. I hope he gets it back.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
How lucky was Davalos that his bike gave him a bounce up over the berm wow. Great comeback for him. What happened to M Stewart 18th sounds like he's back to his old ways like big brother. Wished they covered some of the other 250 battles in main.

Dungey was awful all night wow that was kind of surprising, but when he took 2nd in lcq I had a hunch he would be a no show in main. JS7 and Reed are just there, not looking aggressive but riding smart I guess. Id like to see 22 come back too. RV is just looking sloppy all over, bad starts, wild in corners, and still going down in the mains geez, but IF he gets a good start then he still has the speed to dominate. He just needs to get his shyt together. Milsaps was nice to see he can contend now although trey handed him that 3rd. Very bummed for Trey going down last lap dang I wanted to see RV and Trey go down to the finish to see what happens as they have some serious history in the 250s! Looks like JB will be contending for the title. Its only going to get worse for these guys next year when Eli shows up haha.
How lucky all right, a foot lower and he would have been carted away with a possible broken neck and then he bounces back to almost holeshot and lead the main for a while. Like you say John I think RV definitely has the speed he just seems a bit flustered this year. Just needs to settle down a bit and get the front end working for him. I think Barcia and RV have the speed, Canard isn't far behind but pushes a bit beyond his limits at times and Davi has some good speed and consistency so far this year. It's looking like a great year if they all stay healthy. Good to see K Dub back also. If JS gets his injury issues sorted he will be up there also no doubt.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,632 Posts
Just thinking about Davalos's crash and a foot higher would have been just as bad going over the tough block and onto the concrete head first. That block took the momentum out of his fall and cushioned it slightly slowing him down. It was a nasty looking fall. Unbelievably lucky.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:08 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Yea I forgot Chad as well. He was in there but like you say either pooped out or settled after having a bit of a scare. Not quite on the pace still of the top guys at the moment. I hope he gets it back.
Yeah Chris, "settled after having a bit of a scare" I saw that too but I didn't mention it because I figured most wouldn't have seen it cause it happened so fast.. After the "Chad-apault" and the "back and knee breaker", any close call would sober you up and knock some of the "daring do" out of a guy. I think if he takes it easy and rides good enough to keep the points close, by mid season he'll have his speed back and get on the podium and maybe a win or 2. But the competition is so deep this year, it's crazy. You better be someone or you're not gonna see the podium - 800 - 29 - 14 - etc.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:21 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Just thinking about Davalos's crash and a foot higher would have been just as bad going over the tough block and onto the concrete head first. That block took the momentum out of his fall and cushioned it slightly slowing him down. It was a nasty looking fall. Unbelievably lucky.
There's a lot of guys riding a wheel chair now that didn't bail off anywhere near the speed he was moving. When I saw that< I told my wife he is so lucky that bike came up and "booted" him over the berm--anything shorter and he would have "speared" head first into the dirt bank. And then to come back and run like he did. lucky, lucky boy - buy a lotto ticket -- now!