HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:41 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Discussion
Supercross

What about that Davi Milsaps? Had him picked for about 6/7th place! Really good racing and some huge surprises. Trey's ride to 2nd was truly amazing and as big a comeback as any in racing history. How stacked is the field this year in both the 250s and 450s. (C'mon Jimmy, quit setting fast time just to show you can, you're running out of body parts to sacrifice. You only need to go fast enough to win) James, 8th, sprained his knee in practice after setting fast time, Dungey falling, wrecking his chance at a win RV falling twice and running off the track 16th place (WHAT), Chad 4th or 5th, Barcia crashing out of 3rd to 7th, ruining a great 450 debut. Good start to what should be an exciting season!!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:39 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
All the drama made it interesting, but not the interesting I expected. The coverage was kind of crappy but first race so hope they cover the replays better. The pass of the race was a joke when they showed trey passing davi but last lap davi pulls same pass and wins. Didnt care for that new guy, but I guess with all the free time during live shows they got to fill it with something. Watching first hour I was like, dang I could have been in garage fixing my bike instead lol.

Eli looked like a 7 time champion out there he just powers that bike around. Big pile up in 250 was a bummer as everyone was waiting to see how the new PC guy Davalos was going to run. It was nice to see Malcolm S actually stay on the bike for once and put in a smart race so good for him. Seely had a good run considering him being out.

As for 450s yeah nobody would think Davi, but wow Ive never really seen him look so fast for the whole race like that. Can he do it again is the question. Trey, well he is an MX hero in my mind so Im so excited for him almost pulling out the win. As for Barcia, way to go speed for not even showing what happened there. Dungey and CR came in about what I expected even though top spots I assumed would be RV and JS7. Both those guys Im worried for as they hobbled back to bikes after crashes. And RV, wow talk about choking instead of riding calmly in face of pressure, so that was strange. One other victim of 2012 I was hoping to see out there was Josh Hill and didnt see him all night. Did I miss something, where is he. Apparently crashed in practice and pulled from race in case of concussion is what Im reading out there. He is another Trey C. type story Id hope to come back from. Josh Hansen crashing out was nice to see lol.

Im hoping to harness the supercross energy and translate it to my vmx this year lol. Nice post Dave.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Wow, talk about dramas and excitement lol. Millsaps seemed to gel with the Suzuki really well. He has some talent for sure. Like he said he went into the off season injury free and was able to put in the work needed to get the result. Good on him and also Canard, what a comeback, I cringe every time I see him on the track so it was great to see him finish a race and it was a great battle between them for the lead. I found it refreshing to have some different faces up on the top steps of the podium and shows just how competitive this season is going to be. RV had a shocker by any stds and really needs to step it up now. Barcia was quick also. Lots of talent in both 450 and lites. Tomac looks like the man to beat in the lites although it will be interesting to see if Davalos can stick it to him in the next few. Malcolm put in a great ride and stayed tyre side down. Can't wait for next weekend.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:22 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
All the drama made it interesting, but not the interesting I expected. The coverage was kind of crappy but first race so hope they cover the replays better. The pass of the race was a joke when they showed trey passing davi but last lap davi pulls same pass and wins. Didnt care for that new guy, but I guess with all the free time during live shows they got to fill it with something. Watching first hour I was like, dang I could have been in garage fixing my bike instead lol.

Eli looked like a 7 time champion out there he just powers that bike around. Big pile up in 250 was a bummer as everyone was waiting to see how the new PC guy Davalos was going to run. It was nice to see Malcolm S actually stay on the bike for once and put in a smart race so good for him. Seely had a good run considering him being out.

As for 450s yeah nobody would think Davi, but wow Ive never really seen him look so fast for the whole race like that. Can he do it again is the question. Trey, well he is an MX hero in my mind so Im so excited for him almost pulling out the win. As for Barcia, way to go speed for not even showing what happened there. Dungey and CR came in about what I expected even though top spots I assumed would be RV and JS7. Both those guys Im worried for as they hobbled back to bikes after crashes. And RV, wow talk about choking instead of riding calmly in face of pressure, so that was strange. One other victim of 2012 I was hoping to see out there was Josh Hill and didnt see him all night. Did I miss something, where is he. Apparently crashed in practice and pulled from race in case of concussion is what Im reading out there. He is another Trey C. type story Id hope to come back from. Josh Hansen crashing out was nice to see lol.

Im hoping to harness the supercross energy and translate it to my vmx this year lol. Nice post Dave.
JMc Yup, Milsaps started a new diet regime a year or so ago and even last season he was beginning to threaten and even lead some motos for a while on the yammy and this year with the Susuki he looks really smooth, probably more do to the conditioning and a healthy gut from the diet and a good off season. I expect Dungy and Chad (my favs cus I bleed orange and Reed was so fast last year til he cartwheeled to end his best chance for a championship) to find consistant podium finishes. Barcia (youngblood should win a couple this year) and RV is the one to put your money on. JS (not my fav) hopefully his knee (I heard he had it scoped this morning) is just tweeked and not torn, and he runs all year long because he can still win it or make it real interesting for the rest of the bunch.
The new announcer guy is just filler, hire Travis Pastrana or someone with some Moto History in their backround, I'm sure somebodys available.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:48 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Wow, talk about dramas and excitement lol. Millsaps seemed to gel with the Suzuki really well. He has some talent for sure. Like he said he went into the off season injury free and was able to put in the work needed to get the result. Good on him and also Canard, what a comeback, I cringe every time I see him on the track so it was great to see him finish a race and it was a great battle between them for the lead. I found it refreshing to have some different faces up on the top steps of the podium and shows just how competitive this season is going to be. RV had a shocker by any stds and really needs to step it up now. Barcia was quick also. Lots of talent in both 450 and lites. Tomac looks like the man to beat in the lites although it will be interesting to see if Davalos can stick it to him in the next few. Malcolm put in a great ride and stayed tyre side down. Can't wait for next weekend.
Davalos's can sure get the starts and gap everyone for a while. Maybe his new boss can train him to finish on the PC Kawi's. Tomac's an animal and prolly the stongest beast out there and he has no fear either (he looks a lot like JS the way he attacks the track). My poor little German KTM rider, Ken Rocsin, is out there trying to finesse his way around the track, while Tomac's out there chewing ruts down to the plywood and the only 250 on the track clearing that 80' quad jump! lol
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Davalos's can sure get the starts and gap everyone for a while. Maybe his new boss can train him to finish on the PC Kawi's. Tomac's an animal and prolly the stongest beast out there and he has no fear either (he looks a lot like JS the way he attacks the track). My poor little German KTM rider, Ken Rocsin, is out there trying to finesse his way around the track, while Tomac's out there chewing ruts down to the plywood and the only 250 on the track clearing that 80' quad jump! lol
Lets hope Davalos or Roxen can up their game. Tomac is focused and fit. Ready to win. His speed is awesome and great to watch. I saw Christian Craig doing that quad on the 250 also I think Dave .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:55 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Lets hope Davalos or Roxen can up their game. Tomac is focused and fit. Ready to win. His speed is awesome and great to watch. I saw Christian Craig doing that quad on the 250 also I think Dave .
I'm gonna watch the 250 again because we had company over so I missed a lot of the 250 race. I saw Craig in his heat race where he got a good start tho'.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
I'm gonna watch the 250 again because we had company over so I missed a lot of the 250 race. I saw Craig in his heat race where he got a good start tho'.
Always good to watch again, bring on next week .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:07 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Yeah I usually record the live shows then just watch them later in night so I can skip all the crap. Love dvr's lol. Always get a second showing before next round for a mid week entertainment. Great motivation for getting rc going. I wish I had the time I would do up different replica bikes because each brand has some sweet bikes. Brayton's JGR bike is almost perfect for a mm450 replica with the black frame and rims they did, looks awesome. A suzuki would be so nice to have a nice bright yellow rc bike like a rockstar or a ricky carmichael team RCH bike, and of course after I stripped the red on my atomik triple clamps I was thinking dang, I could have used those red ones on a trey canard or CR honda because those look great too this year.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:08 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Good gopro vids at A1 from Davi, RV, and JS on this page: http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...v-and-js-at-a1
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:45 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Good gopro vids at A1 from Davi, RV, and JS on this page: http://www.racerxonline.com/2013/01/...v-and-js-at-a1
I saw that about an hour ago and was going to post it, but I got side tracked ordering the damm Kyosho servo and forgot. Those 450's go 0 to 60 to 0 in a hurry don't they Scary part is Tomac was running the same lap times ON THE 250 as Milsaps and Canard!! Good post JMc
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
I saw that about an hour ago and was going to post it, but I got side tracked ordering the damm Kyosho servo and forgot. Those 450's go 0 to 60 to 0 in a hurry don't they Scary part is Tomac was running the same lap times ON THE 250 as Milsaps and Canard!! Good post JMc
It's a bit like you don't need the big motor in the MM to do fast laps hey Dave. I can't believe your run with electrical gremlins lately. Your lucks gotta change soon lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:36 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Thanks John, just watched them. Awesome footage from Davi's camera, be great if it was HD. Also would have been good to see some from Treys as well. Great stuff from the other two shows just how close things are back in the pack and the speed they go. Would have been nice to see a bit more. I would have like to see from JS view when RV binned it next to him and from RVs view lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:08 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
It's a bit like you don't need the big motor in the MM to do fast laps hey Dave. I can't believe your run with electrical gremlins lately. Your lucks gotta change soon lol.
Yup, I won my first trophy riding a 125 Penton (KTM) in the 250 class at a local scrambles race. Got 1st place after the 2 leaders decided to lock handle bars right in front of me on the last lap and run off the track, Woulda finished third , which I would have been just as happy with, since that was my first race ever lol.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:24 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,262 Posts
Does seen like JS7 is always hurt.
I have followed him since he and RC were little kids riding for Team Green.

Seems like in the last 5 years or so that he always has something going on. Granted he has had some spectacular crashes but can't remember last time he had a honest competitor season.

Btw KX500's rule
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback