I still need to finish mine, maybe will tonight
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:35 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,639 Posts
It's a bit of a handfull on 2s brushless, but it has nice vertical.

20130210 170635 (1 min 27 sec)
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
Kevin Cox, The Mustang motor is the black ended 8.4mm brushed motor used in Parkzone's Ultra micro P-51 Mustang :

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3616

There is a clone vapor brick thread here some where in the micro forums you could use (which I don't really like). But works as well. You would also have to get ahold of A GWS 30mm fan and rotor available from HK, or other sources for less than 10 bucks total (even with shipping) Foam is 3mm Pro formance foam from Great Planes or others. Perhaps I should do a build thread if there is enough demand. This is a very simple plane to build as there are only 5 peices total to the build. Rounding up the parts is not too hard and the rewards are a great flying plane for indoors and outdoors in moderate winds. Wind does not bother me with this plane unless it's simply overpowered and flying backwards. As long as I can make forward progress it flies fine.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:38 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
I wonder,how it will flying,with 10mm hk inrunner and 1s...hmmm?
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:40 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
Nadine, that sounds like a good idea. Oh and Kevin, Thanks for the kind words.
I have two more planes to post up next. An F-117 and BAE Hawk. I have flown the 117, and it flies very stable buy I used heavier black 3mm foam so I think it was a bit porky so will probably go to lighter white and spray black. When I work out the weight issues I will post up video and plans. The hawk is almost finished. It will have no dihedral and AET. I hope to build it so it rolls better than the P-80 I built with ailerons. I know these are only profile jets but I really want to keep it simple. And I really want to see them built. If I make enough of these many of you will make them, they are fun!

PS, I will also give the details on how much to scale them up, They are a lot of fun to fly using just a cheap old brushed 40mm and junk gear you may have lying around.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,253 Posts
Mutcake,

Been keeping an eye on you guys. May I suggest a profile J-35 Draken by Vleisie. It's a profile prop slot build, but adapts well for EDF. Here's my 10" Draken build. It was my first micro EDF. You guys have me thinking of redoing the build. But I think it would be a great canidate for what your doing.

Ksqm
ksqm is offline Find More Posts by ksqm
Last edited by ksqm; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:16 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
ksqm,
Just watched your video, now that's was a good looking plane you built! Sounded great on 2s. I think it would work well on 1s also if it's kept light. I'd like to do some pylon racing with ours. Actually I think just about all the prop slot pusher profile jets would work.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:43 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
BTW, does anyone have thrust figures for the turnigy 1015 motor with GWS fan on 1s? I am trying to keep these to 1s only because I want to keep the weight low and I know these fly well on 1s.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:00 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
BTW, does anyone have thrust figures for the turnigy 1015 motor with GWS fan on 1s? I am trying to keep these to 1s only because I want to keep the weight low and I know these fly well on 1s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer
so i looked through but couldn't find anything on it. what kind of thrust can you get on 1s? or had nobody actually run it on only 1S?
I think it is about 20g of thrust on one cell
I found this,in one old post..More or less,the thrust,it will be close to the 8,5mm mustang motor,me think....With 2s ,the music change
Cheers MUTCAKE
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:39 AM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
Kevin Cox, The Mustang motor is the black ended 8.4mm brushed motor used in Parkzone's Ultra micro P-51 Mustang :

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3616

There is a clone vapor brick thread here some where in the micro forums you could use (which I don't really like). But works as well. You would also have to get ahold of A GWS 30mm fan and rotor available from HK, or other sources for less than 10 bucks total (even with shipping) Foam is 3mm Pro formance foam from Great Planes or others. Perhaps I should do a build thread if there is enough demand. This is a very simple plane to build as there are only 5 peices total to the build. Rounding up the parts is not too hard and the rewards are a great flying plane for indoors and outdoors in moderate winds. Wind does not bother me with this plane unless it's simply overpowered and flying backwards. As long as I can make forward progress it flies fine.
Thanks for the information! I really like the idea of using the inexpensive 1S configuration.
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:03 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
Kevin, if you have any of the old minimum series bricks you can use those also. I bought 2 last year from the LHS. They discontinued Parkzone Citabria fuselages with gearbox and electronics originally listed at $59.99. I got them for $9.99 each. A smoking deal IF you have the original TX, since these are not dsm dsmx compatable. I just happened to have one from years ago which i retrofitted with the ARCOX mixer so it also has servo reversing and Vtail mixing. Some of the discountinued models can be had quite cheaply if you can find them. This plane will also scale up nicely for a brushed 40mm GWS fan on light equipment. These put out 70grams thrust and will fly really well using FFF blue foam, or some thicker depron!
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:17 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
Sportjet 1s jet

OK, so now I just made a new 1s jet. This is an easy to build (by rolling 1mm depron to form the body like Chris Orielly's micro pitts) There is no thrust tube since it takes about 5gms thrust away. Weight is 27.5gms and the wing area is similar to the P-80 at near the same weight. I have yet to maiden it but it should fly very well. (at least that's the theory) I did not want to start a new thread for this and other 1s Jets I have cooking up. I hope the maiden goes well since the main goal is to also be able to upsize these for 40-55mm jets.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:05 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
848 Posts
Sweeeet!

I would like to build a bigger one with EPP sheets. Will you have a plan or something?
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr
Last edited by indoor_fr; Mar 01, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
320 Posts
nice, I plan to make a Horton x (10) with the same design. I prefer a delta so that I would have ailerons.
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:02 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
942 Posts
Yes, I will be posting a plan as soon as I get everything to line up correctly. I also have plans for making the canopy from folded depron. I hope you all don't mind that there is no bottom to the rear of this jet, or that there is a cheater hole. At this size (1s) it is difficult to have ducting as any losses are hard to make up in weight savings.. Work has not allowed me to maiden it yet so there is that to do yet.