HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Help!
FoxtechFPV GoPro Hero 3 Black edition without Remote fake or real?

Hello every one!

One week ago i saw this:
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/gopro3-bla...ery-p-883.html

I tought wow nice price! Then i saw they sell it without the remot. That makes me skeptical, because GoPro or other sellers dont sell it without Remote.

Does someone orderd one of these allready at FoxtechFPV?

Is it original?

Thanks a lot!

best regards
Marown
Marown is offline Find More Posts by Marown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:13 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown View Post
Hello every one!

One week ago i saw this:
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/gopro3-bla...ery-p-883.html

I tought wow nice price! Then i saw they sell it without the remot. That makes me skeptical, because GoPro or other sellers dont sell it without Remote.

Does someone orderd one of these allready at FoxtechFPV?

Is it original?

Thanks a lot!

best regards
Marown
I ordered one, I think they are genuine, maybe for who lives in europe like me it's a good deal... maybe not for who is in the states
albx is offline Find More Posts by albx
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:15 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,984 Posts
I think it real. But its probably the ones the didnt meet QC so GoPro didnt package it for sale with their package. Better to sell the ones that didnt pass than to throw them right? At least FoxTech has a warranty for them so you actually test to make sure all is good
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:43 AM
lao
Joined May 2012
106 Posts
关于目前市面上所谓的“美行正品”裸机

最近有很多客户向我们咨询时提到目前国内市面上有一些没有任何包装配件,没有序列号的所谓“美行正品”裸机 ,我们的美国同事就这个问题致电了Gopro官方有关人员,得到的回复是Gopro官方目前只有黑,银,白 三种盒装正品,没有也不可能出售不带任何配件的裸机。因为目前美国没有这种所谓裸机,所以官方还没有渠道去 拿到样品验证真伪,但他们表示如果这种裸机是真品,他们担心是中国工厂中那些因有品质瑕疵,本来应该销毁报 废的残次品被不法人员流入的市场。他们最近会联系生产厂家进行核实确认,如果的确是这个情况,将会要求厂家 进行整改,并针对那些报废产品进行后期锁定,阻断其软件升级及连接。

Gopro很大的乐趣和价值就是在配件上,与其买一个什么来源都不知道,存在已知瑕疵的产品再花很多冤枉钱 把配件买齐,还不如直接购买官方盒装的全新低配白色版,聪明的您应该算得清楚这笔帐。

Gopro有价,美好的视频和记忆无价!
请记住:残次品可能在任何重要时刻罢工!

Google Translated:

Currently on the market so-called "line genuine" bare metal

Recently, many customers ask us mentioned the domestic market without any packaging accessories, not the serial number of the so-called "line genuine" bare metal, our American colleagues on this issue by calling of the Gopro official staff get back is the the Gopro official only black, silver, white and three boxed genuine, they can not sell without any accessories the bare metal. Because the United States does not have this so-called bare metal, so the official channels to get a sample to verify the authenticity, but they said that if the bare metal is genuine, they are worried about the Chinese factories that should have been destroyed due to quality defects, scrap residues defective the lawless influx market. Their most recent contact manufacturers to verify confirm if indeed this situation will require manufacturers to conduct rectification, and for those end-of-life products post-lock, blocking its software upgrade and connect.

Gopro's a lot of fun and value is in the accessories, rather than buy a What sources do not know, there is a known defective product to spend a lot of money wasted accessories under one roof, not as a direct purchase official boxed new low with white version smart you should be regarded as clear this account.

Gopro has a price, a better video and memory is priceless!
Remember: defective products may strike at any important moment!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=13191346356
lao is offline Find More Posts by lao
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Okey Thanks for the information!

Albx it would be great if you could whrite me if you get the GoPro!
I Just want to get shure that those Cams are for real and not some B Products with no Serial on it...

Maybe some one allready got it?

Thanks!

Marown
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:05 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
They are genuine, but they're cheaper because you're not getting all the accessories with it. If you add on a case, battery, wifi remote and mounts then it works out at the same price as buying from Gopro. This is great for people that just want the basic camera for mounting on a model and don't need the extras or for anyone that has managed to break their Gopro and already has the extras.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:12 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove View Post
They are genuine, but they're cheaper because you're not getting all the accessories with it. If you add on a case, battery, wifi remote and mounts then it works out at the same price as buying from Gopro. This is great for people that just want the basic camera for mounting on a model and don't need the extras or for anyone that has managed to break their Gopro and already has the extras.
yeah, that's why I bought it, I don't need all the other accessories.. just the camera, and as you know, I see you are from France, here in Europe you can't find it cheaper than 400/430 euro... so if it works it's a good deal for me
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Well im From Austria so also Europe if it goes throw the Custom i would pay 260
With Vat and averything it would be 340 so Its a win win situation for me also!

I jsut want to make shure its 100% the original so i can update it an everything!

So i need some people how say yes this is the real sh.t you can buy this someone how can proof you know?

I allready bought me a iphone once ago and it was also a really good price and i got a cheap build crazy version...

Not again ^^ since then i get safe!

Thanks!
Marown
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:39 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
Quote:
Well im From Austria so also Europe if it goes throw the Custom i would pay 260
With Vat and averything it would be 340 so Its a win win situation for me also!

I jsut want to make shure its 100% the original so i can update it an everything!

So i need some people how say yes this is the real sh.t you can buy this someone how can proof you know?

I allready bought me a iphone once ago and it was also a really good price and i got a cheap build crazy version...

Not again ^^ since then i get safe!

Thanks!
Marown
well, only Mr. Fu from foxtech can answer your question right now..
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
albx
Do you Know when you geht your GoPro?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:19 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
Quote:
albx
Do you Know when you geht your GoPro?
no, in the tracking it is on it's way...

20130108 Dispatching, 出口总包互封封发, 天津国际, 30031200
20130108 Opening, 出口总包互封开拆, 天津国际, 30031200
20130107 Collection, 收寄局收寄, 中心北路, 30045101
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Foxtech: not sure

I got one from Foxtech (Hero 3 Black). Came today.

The video quality is really good. 1080P-60 is sharp, noise and jitter free. This is the best video quality I've ever had from a mini camera.

However:

It was really badly packaged (literally in a small bag, in a small box with packing filler), and the lens was heavily smudged (thankfully not scratched). Bad Fu!

I wanted to use the Wifi and Android app, hence I wanted to get the firmware updated. So I went to GoPro website, which then asks for the serial number - no serial numbers in these units from Foxtech, so I cant get the official update from GoPro - which is disturbing.
So I instead updated using the firmware from the Foxtech website - this in itself is disturbing. For a while it seemed to work really well, with a reliable wifi link with my S2. Then the camera started crashing - repeatedly. The buttons do nothing and the screen doesn't change, even when the SD card is removed. The only remedy is to remove the battery.

So far it has frozen about 5 times with an hours worth of tinkering.

Oddly, I seem to get sharper video with ProTune off (not tried in daylight yet though)

edited to add:
Ah, I've just seen that loads of of GoPros owners are also having freezing/overheat/battery problems. I wish I knew this before I purchased. Apparently, GoPro say:

Quote:
We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your HD HERO 3.

Please try to follow the steps below to hard-reset your camera:
- Remove SD card and Battery.
- Press and Hold Shutter Button (it will need to be kept pressed throughout the whole process)
- Insert the Battery
- Click the Power/Mode Button.Camera should power up. Make sure you insert a recommended micro-SD card (For the HERO3 Black a Class 10 is required) and update the camera's firmware through the portal.

This should get everything up and running.
...not exactly clear when you should release the shutter button...

I need to tinker some more.
smeggyhead is offline Find More Posts by smeggyhead
Last edited by smeggyhead; Jan 09, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
The above describes my Gopro Hero 3 Black purchased from supported retailers. Even the lens was smudged. The crashes happen even with the latest firmware. Another beta product is rushed to market.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:11 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
392 Posts
well, one of the reasons that there is no serial number could be this..

Quote:
NO SERIAL NUMBER.............

This is what usually happen.
USA has best GoPro price in the world aka cheapest. However, USA dealers are not allowed to export out of USA, technically CAN NOT, they will loose their dealership.

So in order for USA dealers and his buyer who is also a re-seller say in NZ, to be not easily tracked by GoPro HQ, they remove the serial number.
so if Mr. Fu will provide always latest firmware to download and let me update my camera then I'll be fine
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Thanks RRH & albx. What you say seems to tally with what I have found on the web.
Although, the serial number thing is odd as it is pretty obvious that Mr Fu is exporting, so I still don’t quite get why removing the serial number protects him.

As for mine crashing: I think it is to do with heat; it never does it when cold. It is a shame because the video is really good.

So I no longer believe the units from Foxtech are fake, B-stock perhaps - well none of his stock comes with packaging or any accessories!

edited to add: this thing keeps on crashing, and I am losing videos. Looks like I have to return it. From what I read around the web, I cannot blame Foxech for that. Mr Fu has never let me down in the past, so I hope the return wil be painless.
smeggyhead is offline Find More Posts by smeggyhead
Last edited by smeggyhead; Jan 11, 2013 at 06:24 AM.