ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:46 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
Yes, forgot about that, there's so much info in this forum to digest. Sometimes I get info-overload.

General questions to all:

How do prices normally change with the introduction of a new helicopter like this one. Do they tend to go up or down in time?

Also I'm planning on getting another battery, since I have to order some for my H911 anyways, is the stock batt. fine or should I consider perhaps another higher capacity battery?

I have seen prices from 53 bucks to over $100 already. At the time I bought my first V911 at $63, that was a pretty average price. I understand you can find the RTF packages for the V911s around $35 now. So yes, the price will likely come down some with time, especially if they come out with a BNF deal. For example, I buy my BNF V/Y911s from Banggood for under $20. Once you get a couple of transmitters, or have the fancy transmitters, BNF is the way to go. I have not seen any BNF available for the V912. Be happy if/when that happens.

Since I got my V912s, I have pretty much lost interest in the V911s, which is bad as I have 7 and I don't really care to fly inside. Of course, where I live in Texas, weather is not to much of a problem. I am sure that will change when it starts raining (if ever) again.

I was flying the MJX 645 some but I like this new V912 helicopter so much more that I have since sold it to a buddy. Hope I don't regret that later, but I doubt I will.

Cheers,

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Last edited by Crackup; Jan 22, 2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:07 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
I have seen prices from 53 bucks to over $100 already. At the time I bought my first V911 at $63, that was a pretty average price. I understand you can find the RTF packages for the V911s around $35 now. So yes, the price will likely come down some with time, especially if they come out with a BNF deal. For example, I buy my BNF V/Y911s from Banggood for under $20. Once you get a couple of transmitters, or have the fancy transmitters, BNF is the way to go. I have not seen any BNF available for the V912. Be happy if/when that happens.

Since I got my V912s, I have pretty much lost interest in the V911s, which is bad as I have 7 and I don't really care to fly inside. Of course, where I live in Texas, weather is not to much of a problem. I am sure that will change when it starts raining (if ever) again.

I was flying the MJX 645 some but I like this new V912 helicopter so much more that I have since sold it to a buddy. Hope I don't regret that later, but I doubt I will.

Cheers,

Jim
Dah. It's nice to hear from owner of both F45 and v912. How can you compare them? Why 912 is better then f45? I know that MJX make some mess with transmitters that even to versions of F45 have incompatible Tx. I also know that motors don't last for long(I recently burned my main motor).
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:26 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
Dah. It's nice to hear from owner of both F45 and v912. How can you compare them? Why 912 is better then f45? I know that MJX make some mess with transmitters that even to versions of F45 have incompatible Tx. I also know that motors don't last for long(I recently burned my main motor).

I am NOT saying the V912 is better than the MJX 45 (645 in my case). I am just saying that "I" like it better for "my" use. I am no expert by any means, but the V912 is easier to fly and control to ME and I prefer the size. I even prefer it over the V911s as I like to fly outside. I am not into modding, so that is different for others who enjoy doing that. I just want to go out and fly and I am satisfied with the way the V912 performs and I also like the size. I also think it is pretty well built for the price, so I am a happy camper for now. Some like to modify their birds and that is a whole different aspect of the sport. I don't mind fixing broken helicopters but that is as far as it goes for me.

As you probably know, the V912 transmitter controls the V911s as well, so that simplifies things for me.

Cheers,

Jim
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Need fresh videos

We need some new in flight videos from you guys that have one of these, I have v911 and f45 but like the looks of this one. Just wonder how the stock motors will last, and if a better one can be found. Since it doesn't have an extra servo plug, brushless seems out of the equation.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
Thank you all that replied.

Did those of you who ordered through aliexpress have your order shipped within three days, after which they cancel the order if not extended. Is it worth extending? It's getting down to the wire and I'm not sure what I should do.

I'm in California, anyone in the states have any problems with them?
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Anyone hear anything about the new v913 heli similar to the f45 size.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Anyone hear anything about the new v913 heli similar to the f45 size.
I would go with the f45 hands down only because it has been around so long now that theres a forum that takes you through from newbie to brushless, mods, i have 1 of these in my hangar but i keep mine fairly stock as i mostly use it for mellow flights while using the optional video cam ,the 913 looks promising but its new so the jurys still out,you;ll love the f45 and also be fascinated by the genious of the pilots who have taken this "toy" and have modded it to a very capable 4-ch heli Steve
roadglidec is offline Find More Posts by roadglidec
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:53 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,072 Posts
V912 or 120SR or Double Horse 9116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
V912 owners - ,,, I will be ready for something bigger to fly outside. A bigger version of the V911 sounds ideal but I'm just getting started in this so its hard to evaluate all the options. I've got some experience with the Blade 120 SR so I appreciate any comparisons to that also. But from what I've read so far this heli flies great and costs a lot less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
Ok, thanks. I hate to give up performance, but maybe that's a trade off I can live with for a nice stable flier. Course if it were me with a bigger heli like this I would think twice before trying to impress the neighbors with it.
Did you pull the trigger yet JonBoy? The V912 looks very much like a clone of the Double Horse 9116s I have. I would not take a chance at flying my DH9116 near the neighbors. It can go FAST in a strait line but doesn't respond quickly to inputs. But it is a good bird and reliable bird. Parts are cheap and it takes a crash well. If WL Toys has made the V912 as well as they did the V911, I will be buying the V912 as replacement parts for my DH.

I also have 2 120SRs but they are currently down for main boards. Although they fly much better as Balr says, the main PCBs (5-in1) run about $55 whereas the DH9116 are closer to $16. And they don't take a crash nearly as well. I fly the 120s when I want to yank and bank and the 9116s when I just want to get out for a relaxing pattern. Looks like I'll be doing patterns till the piggy bank fills up.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Jan 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
46 Posts
It's nice to see that you can fly your v911s with the v912 transmitter.
Can someone confirm that the high/low rate switch works also?

I'm thinking of picking up a v912, use the tx for my v911s (since it seems nicer), and give one of my v911s plus the old v911 tx to my nephew.
trase is offline Find More Posts by trase
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:39 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase View Post
It's nice to see that you can fly your v911s with the v912 transmitter.
Can someone confirm that the high/low rate switch works also?

I'm thinking of picking up a v912, use the tx for my v911s (since it seems nicer), and give one of my v911s plus the old v911 tx to my nephew.
The TX is much nicer. I haven't tried it with my v911s yet, actually. I'll do that tonight and respond with whether the high/low switch works the same if noone else beats me to it.
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
V912 owners how does this heli fly in outdoor wind ?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:06 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
V912 owners how does this heli fly in outdoor wind ?
I must confess that it might just be my imagination, but I think it might perform slightly better in the wind than my MJX 645 did although I have not had an opportunity to test it in any "serious" wind. I just finished a couple of flights in an average of around 7 mph wind according to my weather station. There were a few gusts but nothing significant and I have no idea of the peak, as I was not looking at the station at that time. My sense is that is has a smaller surface area for the wind to impact and it will be a bit more efficient. Also, the V912 seems to have plenty of power though it feels fairly heavy, it scoots along quite well. JMHO but the jury is still out on any serious wind in my limited experience.

Cheers,

Jim
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Thanks @crackup for the response.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:17 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
Did you pull the trigger yet JonBoy? The V912 looks very much like a clone of the Double Horse 9116s I have. I would not take a chance at flying my DH9116 near the neighbors. It can go FAST in a strait line but doesn't respond quickly to inputs. But it is a good bird and reliable bird. Parts are cheap and it takes a crash well. If WL Toys has made the V912 as well as they did the V911, I will be buying the V912 as replacement parts for my DH.

I also have 2 120SRs but they are currently down for main boards. Although they fly much better as Balr says, the main PCBs (5-in1) run about $55 whereas the DH9116 are closer to $16. And they don't take a crash nearly as well. I fly the 120s when I want to yank and bank and the 9116s when I just want to get out for a relaxing pattern. Looks like I'll be doing patterns till the piggy bank fills up.
Don
Not yet. It's still way too cold to fly outside so I have a little time.

My experience with the 120 SR didnt go so well. I'm sure its a great heli but mine was giving me a lot of problems. I had a hard time taming it and I eventually returned it. I think it had a mechanical problem but I'm sure my inexperience with larger helis, and maybe the limitations of the stock transmitter didnt help.

So I'm hoping the V912 will work out better for me. It may be just what I need. Larger than the V911, slightly easier to fly than the 120 SR, costs less, flies well with the stock transmitter. While I wait for spring I'll keep practicing with the V911.

Hope your piggy bank fills up fast.
Jonboy. is online now Find More Posts by Jonboy.