SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:45 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
Can someone link me to spare battery's for this bird?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...1-p-60696.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-4V-...738638318.html
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Thankyou David
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
Thankyou David
No problem.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:15 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
V912 owners - Thanks for sharing your impressions of this heli. It looks like a great step up from the V911 which I thoroughly enjoy flying. After the winter thaw I will be ready for something bigger to fly outside. A bigger version of the V911 sounds ideal but I'm just getting started in this so its hard to evaluate all the options. I've got some experience with the Blade 120 SR so I appreciate any comparisons to that also. But from what I've read so far this heli flies great and costs a lot less. Not sure how long I will be able to keep my finger off of the Buy button.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
^ lol same here I'm itching but I might wait to her more about the new wltoys v913 4ch fb heli
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:07 AM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
After catching a serious bug, aka. V911, or in my case the H911, I wanted something else to improve my skills on especially outdoors, yet small enough to fly anywhere and not likely to cause any major damage. I've flown the H911 four times outside in moderate winds, and spent most of the time fighting the wind.

Based on reading about various different models here I've concluded the V912 would be a good choice for my needs and desires.

So, wandering around the helo world, I stumbled upon a good deal I couldn't pass on, aliexpress, 55.98 incl. shipping. And bada bing bada boom, here I am waiting for China Postal, which I understand may be a long wait - oooouuch.
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
After catching a serious bug, aka. V911, or in my case the H911, I wanted something else to improve my skills on especially outdoors, yet small enough to fly anywhere and not likely to cause any major damage. I've flown the H911 four times outside in moderate winds, and spent most of the time fighting the wind.

Based on reading about various different models here I've concluded the V912 would be a good choice for my needs and desires.

So, wandering around the helo world, I stumbled upon a good deal I couldn't pass on, aliexpress, 55.98 incl. shipping. And bada bing bada boom, here I am waiting for China Postal, which I understand may be a long wait - oooouuch.
It was $53.99 a few days ago on aliexpress like we posted a few pages back but it now jumped back to $55.99
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:56 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
It was $53.99 a few days ago on aliexpress like we posted a few pages back but it now jumped back to $55.99
Hi David,

I ordered another for the 53.99 price. To good to pass up. I am trying to get my friends interested. I think it is easier to fly than the V911.
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:56 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I've got some experience with the Blade 120 SR so I appreciate any comparisons to that also. But from what I've read so far this heli flies great and costs a lot less. Not sure how long I will be able to keep my finger off of the Buy button.
The 120SR has considerably more movement authority and is much more agile.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
Reminds me of the 120SR, just a little bigger and more locked in and not as fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The 120SR has considerably more movement authority and is much more agile.
Ok, thanks. I hate to give up performance, but maybe that's a trade off I can live with for a nice stable flier. It would be nice to see some video of this heli outside being pushed a little harder. Course if it were me with a bigger heli like this I would think twice before trying to impress the neighbors with it.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Last edited by Jonboy.; Jan 21, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Hi David,

I ordered another for the 53.99 price. To good to pass up. I am trying to get my friends interested. I think it is easier to fly than the V911.
Yes, forgot about that, there's so much info in this forum to digest. Sometimes I get info-overload.

General questions to all:

How do prices normally change with the introduction of a new helicopter like this one. Do they tend to go up or down in time?

Also I'm planning on getting another battery, since I have to order some for my H911 anyways, is the stock batt. fine or should I consider perhaps another higher capacity battery?
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:05 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,353 Posts
Perhaps you could explore the lipos over at HobbyKing? Look out for "2S" cells of similar capacity (mAh) and shape; and also the provision of a JST power plug. It should work. You may even find higher capacity and/or more powerful batteries for your V912!
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
so sorry to reply you so late.you can contact us through customercare@tmart.com
.looking forward to your reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
sarivaly i informed tmart today that i ordered a 912 for 89.99 but got a notice it was out of stock, when it came back in stock it was 79.99 and they sent it out
but I still paid 89.99, so we'll see if they give me a 10.00 credit.

tonytester
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
if you want any help from tmart.maybe i can help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70 View Post
I thought the $79.99 was pretty fairly priced since that includes free shipping. http://www.tmart.com/Wltoys-V912-4-C...k_p171844.html
Have never done business with Tmart before so really can't say how quick it will come, but there price was one of the best I found when considering the free shipping. I have mainly spent my many years in this hobby flying RC Airplanes...so some of these retailers selling these little heli's are new to me, but I am hoping my experience with some of these across the ocean retailers is a positive experience.
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
oops... my finger slipped and I "accidentally" ordered a v912, a couple of spare battery's and a load of 949 bits from banggood. I'm going to need a bigger garage to keep all these "accidental" purchases in soon!
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n