Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Nice!

Looks like they have the programming set up similar to the v911. Have you taken it outside yet?

regards . . . g
Not yet Gord
I'm waiting for a calm, dry, warmer day.
Hopefully soon though. I have a feeling I'm going to have as much fun with the 912 as I've had with the 120SR.
The 912 feels similar to the 120SR but will not slide out sideways as much when making unbanked turns.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
I fly my v911's with DH 9116 TX, should be able to bind to that then also, Can anyone confirm this?
I can't confirm this but I use the 9116 tx on my 911 that I keep at work and use my 9x on the 911 I have at home.
So my guess is that it should work. Keep in mind you will be getting a tx anyway if you buy a 912 and that tx is not toy size and works very well. You just can't program higher throws or custom dual rates with it.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:30 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Just found this V912 thread and thought I would give you guys a quick report on my experience with the two V912s I received yesterday from Helipal. Got here in 7 days! I love this bird! I have been flying V/Y911s and the MJX 645 for about 6 months and I think this is my new favorite toy. Both flew great right out of the box. No adjustments were necessary although one had a very slight left drift that I corrected with two quick turns on the starboard servo rod.

I made two flights yesterday in about a 6 knot breeze and had no problems. Just finished up with two more flights today under almost no wind conditions on a mil-spec perfect Texas day, and I must say I am impressed with these V912s. My first impression is that they are more powerful and easier to control than my MJX 645. Also, mine will hover, hands off, way better than any of my other 8 copters. Forward flight is rapid, but just like the MJX 645, one has to be aware of overcoming momentum in turns and counteracting fast forward motion. I smacked a steel bird feeder post and escaped with no damage. Got lucky on that one! These things may be just as tough as the V/Y911s, which is a very good thing in my case.

Okay, batteries are recharged and I am off for two more flights while this weather holds. Supposed to rain here tomorrow.

Cheers

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Last edited by Crackup; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:30 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Hi Jim

Glad you are liking this bird as I am. It's really is a nice heli. Looks and feels to be well built and is nice to look at as well.
I fly cp helis as well as fp but something like this is nice and relaxing to fly to change the pace.

I see you bought 2 of these. Good idea. Saves you from taking off the canopy to change batteries as well as gives the one you just flew a rest while you fly the next one.
If I decide to buy more batteries I might just use velcro on the outside bottom of the canopy to change them out quickly .
Right now I'm content to fly one pack on this one and then fly something else until the battery is recharged.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Anymore videos from owners.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
Hi Jim

Glad you are liking this bird as I am. It's really is a nice heli. Looks and feels to be well built and is nice to look at as well.
I fly cp helis as well as fp but something like this is nice and relaxing to fly to change the pace.

I see you bought 2 of these. Good idea. Saves you from taking off the canopy to change batteries as well as gives the one you just flew a rest while you fly the next one.
If I decide to buy more batteries I might just use velcro on the outside bottom of the canopy to change them out quickly .
Right now I'm content to fly one pack on this one and then fly something else until the battery is recharged.

Yeah, I am really impressed with these. Just completed a couple of more flights and I have to say, I like this better than my MJX 645. According to the specs I have seen (below) these have brushless motors, so they should last awhile - if I can learn to miss my bird feeder from now on...lol. I haven't taken mine to a large field yet to really let it all hang out, so looking forward to that.

Item specifics:
Action Time:
about 8-10 minutes
Motor:
Brushless Motor
Controller Mode:
MODE2
Dimensions:
52 X 8.5 X 15.5cm
Controller Battery:
1.5 v AA battery
Remote Distance:
about 150 m
Charging Time:
about 60 minutes
Material:
Metal,Plastic
Power Source:
Electric
Control Channels:
4 Channels

It's like being 7 years old again!

Cheers,

Jim
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Anymore videos from owners.
I can't find very many on youtube. It's just going to take awhile as I believe this is going to be a good seller in this price range.
But I've been wrong once or twice before
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Hi Jim,

As much as it would be nice, unfortunately it does not have brushless motors. The spec sheet must have a misprint.
It would be killer if it did though.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:07 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I read on one of the vendors descriptions it said brushless motors but I had a feeling that it didn't.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:13 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I read on one of the vendors descriptions it said brushless motors but I had a feeling that it didn't.
Yes I know but if you look at the price of replacement main and tail motors it's a dead giveaway that they are not brushless.
Again, I wish they were though.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:22 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
Yes I know but if you look at the price of replacement main and tail motors it's a dead giveaway that they are not brushless.
Again, I wish they were though.

Yeah, I bet your right. If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't. Wishful thinking on my part, I reckon. Anyway, this thing is "da bomb". I took one out for a night flight tonight and managed to survive. Nearly smacked myself only once, but other than that, no biggy. I'm thinking about adding red and green lights to one of these at some point so I can better fathom the orientation during night flying. I live out in the boonies so maybe next time I am near a Radio Shack I will look into it.

Turns out, I was wrong about the weather, supposed to be nice again tomorrow so I will try to squeeze in a few more flights between football games tomorrow. BTW, the transmitter binds with the V/Y911s, but haven't actually tried a flight with it yet. I will check it out tomorrow.

Keep 'em flyin'........

Jim
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
1st post. Got several v911 over the Holiday season, had so much fun I got several more, the v912 and v922 being two of them. The v912 TX binds and flies the v911. I prefer the feel of the v912 TX and it only uses 4xAA instead of 6xAA that the v911 TX uses. So I packed away all my v911 TX and am using the v912 TX for both. The v922 TX won't bind to the v911 and I have yet to try to get it to bind to the v912.

The v912 is a blast! The size is very nice, the build is good, I'm impressed with the case and everything it comes with for the price. I've only been hovering a bit inside and 1 flight outside as it has been cold with snow on the ground. It seems stable and far easier to fly than the v922. Much more like a v911 big brother. It is my 1st designated "do not crash" heli and I'll see how long I can keep it that way.

I've been drooling over a Devo 12S TX and Walkera Mini CP... Amazing how fast RC hobby can gobble up money!

Nice to read from the experts on the list here and thank you for everyone's advice.
desertfoxx is offline Find More Posts by desertfoxx
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
I fly my v911's with DH 9116 TX, should be able to bind to that then also, Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, I have been flying my v911s around with the v912 TX, works great.
desertfoxx is offline Find More Posts by desertfoxx
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:44 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfoxx View Post
1st post. Got several v911 over the Holiday season, had so much fun I got several more, the v912 and v922 being two of them. The v912 TX binds and flies the v911. I prefer the feel of the v912 TX and it only uses 4xAA instead of 6xAA that the v911 TX uses. So I packed away all my v911 TX and am using the v912 TX for both. The v922 TX won't bind to the v911 and I have yet to try to get it to bind to the v912.

The v912 is a blast! The size is very nice, the build is good, I'm impressed with the case and everything it comes with for the price. I've only been hovering a bit inside and 1 flight outside as it has been cold with snow on the ground. It seems stable and far easier to fly than the v922. Much more like a v911 big brother. It is my 1st designated "do not crash" heli and I'll see how long I can keep it that way.

I've been drooling over a Devo 12S TX and Walkera Mini CP... Amazing how fast RC hobby can gobble up money!

Nice to read from the experts on the list here and thank you for everyone's advice.
Welcome to the addiction
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Can someone link me to spare battery's for this bird?
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n