HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:08 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
I looked at your build, its pretty sweet I'll give ya props, buuuut you basically rebuilt it and have the v912 for the brains. All I did was put a piece of plastic on it that took 20 minutes, and 3 dollars


QUOTE=Laidback_racer;24436431]If you are comparing a std 9116 I would agree, but your V912 is not standard. I have a 9116 that will eat your V912 for breakfast, and spit out the ugly bits.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840177

[/QUOTE]
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:17 PM
Build the Weapon....
Laidback_racer's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
I looked at your build, its pretty sweet I'll give ya props, buuuut you basically rebuilt it and have the v912 for the brains. All I did was put a piece of plastic on it that took 20 minutes, and 3 dollars


QUOTE=Laidback_racer;24436431]If you are comparing a std 9116 I would agree, but your V912 is not standard. I have a 9116 that will eat your V912 for breakfast, and spit out the ugly bits.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840177

[/QUOTE]

You will end up doing the same I suspect. Once you get the benefits from the mods you just want more. The V912 brain is going and being replaced with a Devo 7 equivalent, the main will be a 4800KV brushless and brushless tail to match. Mine can hover hands free for ages and is super crisp on the sticks, I am kinda attached to it now, the cp's are on the back burner for now.

The big downside with the V912 is the tail and the lack of std servo movement, but once they are sorted out its a good machine.
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:22 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
FlyGuy912's Avatar
Joined Mar 2013
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
Laid back, I def disagree, I have the 180 motor in it, upgraded tail motor too and speed it's close but stability and allaaround flying not even close to v912,sorry
For starters the v912 has a Jr 380 stock motor comes with a 850 mAh batt.

spear gear tail motor that's a Jr 40. it will smoke you "SLOW HORSE"
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:24 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Well said
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:26 PM
Build the Weapon....
Laidback_racer's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
I think that he may be lost in the wrong thread
You must of forgot who showed you the servo extension mod??

We all fly helicopters, if I can pass on a V912 specific related tip we all benefit.
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:34 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
I got the pics and info from hd85, anyways do u have a 912? And have you done any mods?
I'll just stop the bickering so we can get back to improving helis
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:37 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
FlyGuy912's Avatar
Joined Mar 2013
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidback_racer View Post
You must of forgot who showed you the servo extension mod??

We all fly helicopters, if I can pass on a V912 specific related tip we all benefit.
i never even herd of you, much less watch i video i alred know how to prform..
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:41 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
Fly guy,
How many flights did u have on the heli before spur gave out?
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:43 PM
Build the Weapon....
Laidback_racer's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
I got the pics and info from hd85, anyways do u have a 912? And have you done any mods?
I'll just stop the bickering so we can get back to improving helis
No need to bicker, all good fun. I have used a lot of the V912 parts in my testing, we found out pretty early the V912 had servo throw problems and I posted a pic here of how we solved it.

I might get a V912 up the track, especially if one of you guys really gets one going.
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:50 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidback_racer View Post
If you are comparing a std 9116 I would agree, but your V912 is not standard. I have a 9116 that will eat your V912 for breakfast, and spit out the ugly bits.

What's up with that? This is the V912 thread and you're bragging about your 9116??
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:52 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
671 Posts
I flew the Crap out of my dh9116 and I just don't see it coming close to v912 unless u rebuild it like u did. I really suggest the 912 servo ext make it quicker than any 4ch I flew. Comes close to some 6ch I own
Bnh105 is offline Find More Posts by Bnh105
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:52 PM
Build the Weapon....
Laidback_racer's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy912 View Post
i never even herd of you, much less watch i video i alred know how to prform..
Check comment #453
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:55 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
FlyGuy912's Avatar
Joined Mar 2013
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
Fly guy,
How many flights did u have on the heli before spur gave out?
the spur did not go it was the tail gear. The tail is so strong, the gear can't handle it but Im sure wl is aware if the issue,and addressing it promptly. i have put about 60 hr on the stock 850 mAm batteries. but when i started using the Storm 1200 25c 7.4v batteries i had to limit my fly times to 2 at a time! (average flying time with stock battery 8-9 min, Storm 1200 11-12.)

so as you can see, me being the knowledgeable man, i diced to put the heat sins to keep the motor from running up or even battery exploitation.
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:57 PM
Build the Weapon....
Laidback_racer's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnh105 View Post
I flew the Crap out of my dh9116 and I just don't see it coming close to v912 unless u rebuild it like u did. I really suggest the 912 servo ext make it quicker than any 4ch I flew. Comes close to some 6ch I own
Did you try an off set mixing arm on the 9116, once that deign fault is rectified it is a very different machine. You guys could also benefit from this mod.
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:58 PM
[]-[] E [] i []P [] []v[] []P
FlyGuy912's Avatar
Joined Mar 2013
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
What's up with that? This is the V912 thread and you're bragging about your 9116??
Hes just that he paid 25$ more for something that is not even in the same class as the v912, and its outdated !
FlyGuy912 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy912
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V922 6-Channel CP Flybarless Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 8032 Jul 18, 2014 08:46 PM
Discussion WLToys V912/NEX helicopter jameschen072 Micro Helis 31 Mar 31, 2014 05:55 AM
Mini-Review The Walkera SUPER FP review (4 Channel Flybarless fixed pitch helicopter) jameschen072 Micro Helis 471 Mar 14, 2014 10:28 AM
Sold Two (2) Nine Eagles Solo Pro V 4-Channel Fixed Pitch 45 Flybar Coaxial RTF Helis ShaneXman Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Mar 09, 2012 10:23 AM