SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
You guys are blowing this out of proportion and this is how threads get locked and closed lets keep it on topic.

Anyone have vids to post up.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:25 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
@
@ ckangaroo70:
always a good idea to try the search function before just believing the 1st thing you read. If you put either "banggood" or "banggood returns" into the thread search for this one or the "V911 review..." thread you'll find enough recent posts on this subject which not only give you factual information, but also detail the reasons that I - and others who have even more experience - choose to stand behind our favourite suppliers.
Can't say as I have said I believe or disbelieve. Just that I hope everything is fine with my order....which I am hopefull it will be. I say I have about an 80% chance to be optimistic.
I have read mostly the entire V911 thread and see some folks who had no problems with certain retailers and some that did with various retailers. I was fully aware of some of the complaints before I ever ordered thanks to my "search" function. Not to say that $79 is nothing, but in the grander scheme of things I will purchase this year....I felt like I would take a gamble if it meant saving a few dollars on a small investment.

Although heli's are kinda new to me, I have built well over 100 airplanes from kit or from scratch and have purchased near 100 ARF's as well. So I am pretty familiar with dealing with many retailers in the hobby good and bad, but honestly I can't really recall ever getting anything less then what I paid for. I usually keep my expectations pretty realistic. I just said that these retailers that are mentioned alot in these heli threads are new to me because I do most business with Tower, Horizon, Advantage, Amazon and even Hobby King and I have done alot on ebay as well and that can be a crap shoot sometimes, but I have managed ok over the years without alot of complaint.
Although I enjoy alot of reading here on RC Groups... I don't gab on RC Groups very often which is evident by my post count here on this particular site, but please don't assume that this is my first rodeo when dealing with one of the countless retailers I have already dealt with over the many years. I try never to be a "Debby Downer" about any retailer unless I have very good reason to be. I've been around awhile and prefer to take things in stride.
ckangaroo70 is offline Find More Posts by ckangaroo70
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:27 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
You guys are blowing this out of proportion and this is how threads get locked and closed lets keep it on topic.

Anyone have vids to post up.
I agree! How about some good video. Youtube has a few of the V912, but a few more would be good.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Yea I'm debating on this 912 or a 9116 dh or fjx 45
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:35 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Same three I debated. The 9116 has been out for quite some time so parts and information would be plentiful.
The MJX F45 also seem to have a strong following, but I thought maybe it might be a bit of a jump to go from the V911 right into the MJX F45. After all... it isn't going to rebound from a crash near as good as the much lighter and smaller heli's. I kinda settled on the V912 due to the fact that I do have four of the V911's and really feel that WLToys really try to give you a better then expected heli at a better then expected price. I have the same hope for the V912.

I was thinking the MJX F45 might be my next step up from the V912 although it may fly quite similar. However I wish to be fairly profecient before tackling something with much weight to soon, but eventually my plan is to have something sizeable enough to handle a descent onboard video setup. Collective pitch heli's don't really interest me, because my goal is not to be able to do neat tricks or 3D with a heli, but more aimed at being able to fly nice and smooth and to be able to take good aerial video that is smooth. I have experiemnted with video camera's in my planes for several years. I have a 1/4 scale cub I am currently outfitting with a nice video setup, but I got to thinking that I would also like to have a heli that I can use to take good quality video from. Since I fly in the gym during the winter months...I thought now would be a good time to start learning and that is why I bought and have been flying the V911's. However...my plan is to work my way up to something larger and more capable of handling a small payload of camera equipment. So the V912 will be a stepping stone for me just like the V911 is.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:52 PM
"Lurker"
Alabama
Joined May 2007
139 Posts
Just ordered mine from BangGood + 2 additional batteries.. Just have to sit back and wait now
Mag718 is offline Find More Posts by Mag718
Last edited by Mag718; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
I ordered 2 200mah a landing skid and carbon squash plate set from banggood right now.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:46 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70 View Post
Collective pitch heli's don't really interest me, because my goal is not to be able to do neat tricks or 3D with a heli, but more aimed at being able to fly nice and smooth and to be able to take good aerial video that is smooth.
I don't do 3D too, but I "had to" pick up CP helicopters.
I had to fly outdoors because houses over here are small. Flying indoors meant flying slowly. Outdoors meant fighting against the wind that could get quite strong. While I could "windsurf" V911, I can't fly circuits. I tried quads which turned out better in fighting winds, but my collective pitch helicopters really allowed me to enjoy flying in windy conditions. V912 fights wind slightly better than V911, but it would have difficulty flying through sudden gusts of wind. You may lose your V912 if you don't land it in time. I never had such problems with my V922 or 450QS.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:39 AM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
V912 fights wind slightly better than V911, but it would have difficulty flying through sudden gusts of wind. .
I have flown my V911's outside, but not much fun uless it is pretty calm. Had to go over and fetch it from the neighbors yard a few times. The majority of my flying this time of year is inside a large gymnasium and I plan on flying my V912 in there as well if I gets delivered before spring.LOL Although I am sure the V912 will probably handle a breeze a bit better then a V911...I would imagine it to is going to be rather sensitive to anything other then a very light breeze. Hopefully I can get alot of time on the little heli's in the gym this winter and then buy something a bit larger like the MJX 45 to start flying outside come spring. My hope is that the V912 will be a great means to reach that goal.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:36 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Same three I debated. The 9116 has been out for quite some time so parts and information would be plentiful.
The MJX F45 also seem to have a strong following, but I thought maybe it might be a bit of a jump to go from the V911 right into the MJX F45. After all... it isn't going to rebound from a crash near as good as the much lighter and smaller heli's. I kinda settled on the V912 due to the fact that I do have four of the V911's and really feel that WLToys really try to give you a better then expected heli at a better then expected price. I have the same hope for the V912.

I was thinking the MJX F45 might be my next step up from the V912 although it may fly quite similar. However I wish to be fairly profecient before tackling something with much weight to soon, but eventually my plan is to have something sizeable enough to handle a descent onboard video setup. Collective pitch heli's don't really interest me, because my goal is not to be able to do neat tricks or 3D with a heli, but more aimed at being able to fly nice and smooth and to be able to take good aerial video that is smooth. I have experiemnted with video camera's in my planes for several years. I have a 1/4 scale cub I am currently outfitting with a nice video setup, but I got to thinking that I would also like to have a heli that I can use to take good quality video from. Since I fly in the gym during the winter months...I thought now would be a good time to start learning and that is why I bought and have been flying the V911's. However...my plan is to work my way up to something larger and more capable of handling a small payload of camera equipment. So the V912 will be a stepping stone for me just like the V911 is.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but If your objective is a good camera platform, you may want to rethink your plan. The V912 will handle a little more wind than the V911 because it has considerably greater head loading to offset weaker movement authority. The F45 has considerably weaker movement authority than the V912, and by appearances, less head loading. A decent quad would be a much better camera platform. Their response time, movement authority and electronic features give them far greater performance and much better wind handling capability. They can also carry quite a lot of weight. The V959 will out-perform any FP heli, will deal with wind better, is much more durable, costs less than the V912 or F45 and comes with a camera (http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...a-p-59263.html). Don't forget, this is still a toy. If you want to spend the money on a serious quad, you can get some great features and carrying capacity.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Jan 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
No offense to Quad owners, but I just can't make myself fall in love with those. Kinda like liver and onions...in that I don't care how you cook it or how many onions you smother it with, I just can't make myself like it. It was a major milestone for me just to consider flying anything that is electric power or even a heli for that matter. I sure love the smell or nitro and the sweet noise of a gasser and until recently my interest in heli's was next to none...so just the fact that I am messing with electric heli's is really out of my comfort zone. Jumping to a quad no matter how great they fly....I just can't see bringing myself to pull the buy lever, but then again I never saw myself pulling on any type of heli either not very long ago.

As far as taking video...I will leave the windy days for my quarter scale piper cub for capturing aerial video. Like my Rascal 110...I am not afraid to fly those in wind gusting up to 20mph. The heli videos will be saved more for places the cub can't go and on days when it is really calm. I also shoot some videos using my GWS slow stick which is one of the very few electric outdoor planes I have owned aside from all the little indoor micro flyers I have, but it works pretty well capturing video due to low vibration and slow movement.

I am in the learning stages on these heli's..so anything I buy for awhile is just something cheap and inexpensive to help teach myself the basics. The exact model I end up settling on is really hard to say and what I am thinking today about a certain model could very well change tommorow. As one gains experience ones opinions are bound to change, but there is no doubt that I will accomplish what I am setting out to accomplish.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:47 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Well...just got an email from Tmart telling me that my V912 is on back order, but should be in there warehouse within a week. Would be nice if Tmart would have stated they were out of stock before I ordered, but they did give me the option of requesting a refund, but I figure what is an extra week? So I told them to send it when they get it in. Not like I don't have something to fly, but I do wish a few more people would get there hands on one soon so that we can get some more thoughts on this particular heli which might give others a good idea of what to expect when theres comes and whether I may have to plan for a few mods, etc.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:11 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Just my crappy luck. It's $5 cheaper today at Banggood than it was a week ago when I ordered one.
I guess Banggood doesn't offer price protection do they.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:29 PM
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerm View Post
Just my crappy luck. .
I hear ya. I decided to go ahead and cancel the order on the V912 since it was back ordered...so just went and ordered the Green MJX F45 from a USA retailer. Got to thinking since my last post about just what you have discovered and that is that by the time mine comes into stock that perhaps the prices will drop even more. So I may check on the V912's here in a few weeks and see how the stock and the prices are then. May be able to catch a better deal and not have to wait as long either as long if they are in stock.

I am still interested in what folks have to say about the V912...so I hope more folks are able to get there hands on one sooner then I would have.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:31 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
I hear ya. I decided to go ahead and cancel the order on the V912 since it was back ordered...so just went and ordered the Green MJX F45 from a USA retailer. Got to thinking since my last post about just what you have discovered and that is that by the time mine comes into stock that perhaps the prices will drop even more. So I may check on the V912's here in a few weeks and see how the stock and the prices are then. May be able to catch a better deal and not have to wait as long either as long if they are in stock.

I am still interested in what folks have to say about the V912...so I hope more folks are able to get there hands on one sooner then I would have.
Have a link to the heli u ordered