Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 09, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined Mar 2013
43 Posts
F45 main motor

My no.2 v912 slowed down and landed itself, first thought motor failure, took the motor apart, sure enough, the brushes were worn away to nothing. I had a new F45 main motor to go in, already wired with a plug, started it up, wrong direction of rotation. With a sharp screwdriver, pulled the two wires out of the connector, swapped them and away we go. With the extra tooth on the pinion, it seems to have more power. Now to the problem. The pinion is only engaging with the main wheel by three quarters mesh, to put it right, i would need to push the motor pinion further on. Do i leave it as it is, or heat the pinion and push it further on, and maybe damage the motor, or tap it on cold, again risking damage. Or drill a new hole in the main gear and with a spacer move it down. Anyone done any of these things? Happy flying, Steve.
itsboss is offline Find More Posts by itsboss
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2013, 12:11 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
543 Posts
Hi itsboss

Could you add spacers to your motor ?
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2013, 02:45 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
543 Posts
Master / Slave TX V912 ( electronic switching with I/Cs )

Hi guys

Ok, we tested the Master / Slave TX V912. Everything is fine, but my student is that we need a beep to know when it has control and when I take him ...... We will do a second Master TX and added that beep .... . follow
The 8-pin jack on the right side of the Master TX is perhaps not the ideal place....!!!
I checked and I can put the jack 8 pins from below that will let me open the right side of TX to place my right hand .......

Bye Gilles
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Nov 09, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 05:41 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
I'm building a new V912 from scratch but I'm still missing some parts. Does anyone know where I can get the round spacers that go between the upper and lower metal frame? I also need the screws but BG doesn't seem to have these parts I'm missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Found a screw kit here and it looks like they have the spacers too. However I have never ordered from them so I am not sure on their service - others might be able to verify their service.
I've ordered from Feala.com. The delivery took 24 days, a little quicker than standard for Chinese delivery. You can also get these parts at Linparts.com but no experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsboss View Post
, , , I had a new F45 main motor to go in, already wired with a plug, started it up, wrong direction of rotation. With a sharp screwdriver, pulled the two wires out of the connector, swapped them and away we go. With the extra tooth on the pinion, it seems to have more power. Now to the problem. The pinion is only engaging with the main wheel by three quarters mesh, to put it right, i would need to push the motor pinion further on. Do i leave it as it is, or heat the pinion and push it further on, and maybe damage the motor, or tap it on cold, again risking damage. Or drill a new hole in the main gear and with a spacer move it down. Anyone done any of these things? Happy flying, Steve.
I had the same problem with reverse polarity swappinig out a F45 tail motor. I've heard others come correctly wired. Seems MJX is hit or miss on motor wiring.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:30 AM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
135 Posts
Spare channel

There is a spare channel beside the slot where the led wires plug in. Anyone any idea what this can be used for ?
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:26 PM
I have a soldering iron.
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Struer
Joined Mar 2013
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
So if they are the shorter version, they may not work? Too weak?
----
This tail gear is really a bad design.
Yep, according to some guys in the FrankenHeli thread who received it, the short version is too weak.
----
Maybe it would be possible to install a metal tail gear (after sanding them thinner?)?
eBay:
52-tooth metal gear
49-tooth metal gear
HobbyKing:
52 tooth metal gear
45 tooth hardened metal gear
Maybe it would be easier to go direct drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillware View Post
I also really want to go to a brushless main motor and so far, my first attempt has not worked out well.

I've picked up these parts so far:
Brushed to Brushless signal converter: http://www.thinkrc.com/xtreme-048-br...er-p-1520.html
5800Kv Brushless Motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html (Perfect direct fit)
---
However the problem is the brushed to brushless converter doesn't seem to work at all.
Firstly, a 5800kv motor is perfect for 2S on the V912. Hover is achieved at about 2200 RPM on the main rotor, and the gearing is 10:1, so the motor must turn 22000 RPM for a hover; the min/max voltage of a 2S battery is 6.4v/8.4v, so 5800kv x 6.4v = 37000 RPM (hover at 59% throttle) and 5800kv x 8.4v = 48000 RPM (hover at 46% throttle). I will use a 3800kv motor with a 3S battery. Secondly, my brushless converter (/ servo throw manipulator) will work, but I'm still waiting for the last two part types (2p female connector housings and attiny13a micro-controllers), so they won't be out anytime soon; they will cost $3.8/pcs and $2.6 for fast shipping worldwide (for whatever amount up to 50g total, one unit should max weigh 4g).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
The Flysky has a good reputation, my Turnigy is a slightly cheapened version of that TX.
Your old version 9X is made by the same guys that make the new version, it's just branded under a different name, there is no difference in quality. I have the same as you and I think it's much cooler to have the old version; we're cool.

Quote:
Just for grins, I also checked it with my T9x. With extended limits enabled and set to max (125%), I got 35 degrees of throw in one direction, but 30 degrees the other way.
That's awesome, I didn't know that this was possible; the servo throw manipulator / brushless converter unit that I ordered components to make 100 of is just that less useful now though, but at least they will still be useful for setting the servo throws according to motor speed, to maintain a linear authority amount at whatever throttle.

Quote:
but I did notice that it was cutting out at full throttle, nor does is seem to be able to maintain full throttle anymore.
It could be a dying protection diode which is partially shorted, the black cylinder next to the FET. It's model number is FR107.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent713 View Post
as of now I only fly the v911 and v912. I don't think I will ever get into a 6ch heli as I'm not into 3D flying. I don't think I need a good TX if it only makes a small different over my stock TX.
So far I have only been flying 4ch with my 9X.

Advantages of the 9X radio compared to the stock radios, from my 4ch point of view:
1: I can fly all my models (up to 16 models with Open9X firmware) with the same thing and have differing trims saved for each. Of the currently working and unlost RC thingies I have, I'm flying a DH9116, a WL949, two GW9958's and two GW9968's with my 9X.

2: The range is about double that of the stock transmitters; the 9X outputs a signal strength of 18dBm (or 63mw) and it's antenna is about 4dBi, whereas the stocks output about 10dBm (or 10mw) and have an antenna of about 1dBi. 18dBm + 4dBi = 22dBm signal strength and 10dBm + 1dBi = 11dBm signal strength, half the dBm and therefore roughly half the distance of the 9X radio (the milliwatts required for transmitting 100 meters distance, is roughly equal to the squareroot of the milliwatts required for transmitting 200 meters distance).

3: For each saved model, I can save differing advanced settings and custom/exponential curves on separate channels.

4: The grip, feel, look and build quality is far better; you can't make the plastic squeek by twisting it. It's much more convenient to fly with, handle and carry.

5: The control inputs are more precise and position-persistent. Moving the sticks feels very nice, they move very smoothly and the horizontal stick axes have completely solid grips on the vertical stick axes, zero slop.

Quote:
Do i leave it as it is, or heat the pinion and push it further on, and maybe damage the motor, or tap it on cold, again risking damage.
You can tap it down cold using a pair of long pliers; you just hold the motor in one hand, hold the pliers with the grips on each side of the pinion in the other hand and finally tap the end of the pliers with something slightly heavy in your third hand. Heating it while it's on the shaft should make the shaft expand too, so that probably won't help much.
FlyingTape is offline Find More Posts by FlyingTape
Last edited by FlyingTape; Nov 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbluehorizon View Post
There is a spare channel beside the slot where the led wires plug in. Anyone any idea what this can be used for ?
Hi ourbluehorizon

This is not a spare channel, it's a jack to connect a tail LED for example ..... ( Voltage 7V DC )
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Nov 10, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 02:12 PM
welder I have also now, hehe
Spain, Principality of Asturias, Ribadesella
Joined May 2013
219 Posts
Hello everyone --- FliyingTape
the new rx FR 207 912 have diodes next to the main motor plug.
and FR 107 rear engine diodes.

THANK YOU AND TO ALL
vicio911 is offline Find More Posts by vicio911
Old Nov 10, 2013, 08:43 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,035 Posts
Quote:
If you have an audible volt alarm on the heli,as time goes by and the voltage drops, if the alarm is still attached to the battery, it will go off. Or do as i did, turn the tx on,watch and listen, and flick the throttle up. Mine was in the top of a tall tree, and i saw the leaves move,and was able to get it back. Happy flying, Steve.
I actually heard and saw the lights on of my heli when it got lost in the woods but it was too dark and too much trees and bushes to get to it. The next day I searched for it twice but could not find it. I gave up looking for it and called it a lost. I still have another one to play with and will build another one.
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:34 AM
United States, WA, Twisp
Joined Sep 2013
368 Posts
[QUOTE=Your old version 9X is made by the same guys that make the new version, it's just branded under a different name, there is no difference in quality. I have the same as you and I think it's much cooler to have the old version; we're cool.

That's awesome, I didn't know that this was possible; the servo throw manipulator / brushless converter unit that I ordered components to make 100 of is just that less useful now though, but at least they will still be useful for setting the servo throws according to motor speed, to maintain a linear authority amount at whatever throttle.

It could be a dying protection diode which is partially shorted, the black cylinder next to the FET. It's model number is FR107.[/QUOTE]

Far as I know, the only difference between the Turnigy 9x and the Flysky 9x is in the antenna mounting. The Turnigy is mounted to the TX case instead of on the module like the Flysky, makes changing modules a challenge on our radios if we ever decided we needed too.

NOW you tell me you didn't know something important about these radios ?! That would be AFTER I switched over to OpenTX on your recommendation . Speaking of which, just how experienced are you with that firmware? I'm still struggling with understanding programming the radio to work the way I want it to with the Phoenix V4 flight sim. Got any pointers?

If a component on the PCB is going out, it means I'll be replacing a PCB, my solder-fu just isn't up to that task . Fortunately, I have another PCB on hand, so I think my V912 is in for a major rebuild once the new tail parts show up. I also have a couple of spare main motors, and since I'll have it in pieces again, I guess I'll get the MG90s servos I've got on hand fitted, too. And if I'm going to do all that, I might as well replace the main blades, too. Should fly like a new bird when I'm done . Later.

Dave
daved20319 is offline Find More Posts by daved20319
Old Nov 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,996 Posts
Quote:
My no.2 v912 slowed down and landed itself, first thought motor failure, took the motor apart, sure enough, the brushes were worn away to nothing. I had a new F45 main motor to go in, already wired with a plug, started it up, wrong direction of rotation. With a sharp screwdriver, pulled the two wires out of the connector, swapped them and away we go. With the extra tooth on the pinion, it seems to have more power. Now to the problem. The pinion is only engaging with the main wheel by three quarters mesh, to put it right, i would need to push the motor pinion further on. Do i leave it as it is, or heat the pinion and push it further on, and maybe damage the motor, or tap it on cold, again risking damage. Or drill a new hole in the main gear and with a spacer move it down. Anyone done any of these things? Happy flying, Steve.
If you do it often, you may want a puller like this:

http://dx.com/p/walkera-universal-mo...-silver-216744

or

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Original-Walk...item2a26810e8b
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Nov 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
543 Posts
RC Lost Model Alarm

Hi guys

For those with the possibility of losing his helicopter in trees or tall grass, you can add this small RC LOST ALARM MODEL ..........

http://www.myrcmart.com/rc-lost-mode...er-p-3145.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
128 Posts
Hi

Who was it on this thread that said they soldered the 2 wires in the TX together so the turbo can be on permanently ? Can the same be done with the wires for the extra throw button instead of having to use a switch ?

Scott
baddley is offline Find More Posts by baddley
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:26 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi guys

For those with the possibility of losing his helicopter in trees or tall grass, you can add this small RC LOST ALARM MODEL ..........

http://www.myrcmart.com/rc-lost-mode...er-p-3145.html
These things are well handy, but depending on your luck they can be a real PITA too. I bought 10 of them and the ones I got all need full input once a minute from whatever channel they're on or they think the heli's lost .

I just have them going to the elev servo plug, since that stick goes all the way forward every time I turn the bird around .
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:16 AM
Joined Nov 2013
4 Posts
V912 tail rotor problem

I hope someonecan help me with this V912 issue since I can't find anywhere that has the info.
After a relatively minor impact with a carpet when the tail rotor got stuck, it no longer works at all. The gears aren't stripped but the motor just doesn't turn. Everything else is ok.
Any ideas?
thanks in advance
duster011 is offline Find More Posts by duster011