HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Having to adjust a 4 ch F/P heli is kind of bogus. I'm sure many will feel a badly out od trim heli is a very bad sign. My feeling is get good with V911/ do get a good quad V929 not tamed down V949. and fly snot out of them. Skip a big 4 ch F/P as you will get bored and get a c/p heli. Super c/p/ Masterc/p will fly better than this and be more stable. If you really like helis you are going to get a c/p anyway. 250 size is to big for inside a home and any wind you may loose your bird. C/P handles wind also a Quad. Is this T9X compatible?? Thank you for a good review and telling it the way it was. After the lousy V939 little let down with WL toys. V929 great/ V911 another fine machine...> V939 unstable/drift king.
I have to bind it everytime I fly it. I had it bound to T9X and lost bind. Only thing it binds to is toy stock TX. I hear V922 is unstable and hard to fly....> who needs it?
I dislike quads though.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
which style rc heli you are interested in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I dislike quads though.
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
it looks so cheap.i have a question.what about the shipping fee.let us know.thank you very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingheli View Post
http://www.hobby-wing.com/wl-v912-4c...opter-rtf.html
The price is $65, not include the shipping.
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:07 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,547 Posts
My V911 needs a mechanical trim as well, I just have not done it yet. My Solo Pro V2 needed it too. I agree this is setup that should be done at the factory, but it's also a skill that any heli flyer should have or just hang it up. It's so simple in the grand scheme of things.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:19 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,132 Posts
I do wonder, after leveling the swash plate, and then trimming the heli for hands free hover, is the swash, with sticks neutral and all trim corrections applied, really sitting in a different position than it came from the box? Chances are you first level the swash, and then have to apply trim clicks to and basically mostly undo your leveling efforts...

Perhaps it's different for bigger helis, but on sub micro stuff you often see the CoG is not on the position of the main shaft, and you need some swash angle to counter the resulting drift. Taking the Solo Pro V as example, it has the weight shifted forward somewhat, as a result the elevator link of the swash sits above level, since if you trimmed it totally level with the horizon, you'll end up with a heli that wants to move forward with sticks neutral.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarivaly View Post
which style rc heli you are interested in?
all heli just not quadcoptors lol I don't know why I never owned one so his may change if I get a quad or try one out.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:05 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,567 Posts
Helis are cool but in 4 ch fixed pitch any quad will smoke a f/p heli hands down. Plus upkeep is much less, unless you are horrible flyer. No flybar/ tail motor. only mechanical device are motors on quad. V929 is best RC deal on the planet. I only fly helis now because I will be doing 6ch c/p helis soon. As good as I like quads, they will not land inverted on ceiling or fly inverted.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:14 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
just ordered one,
great review thanks

tonytester

01/07/13
now I got a message that it's .out of stock. now why didn't they say that.
aand I saw no spare batts on their sight
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:55 AM
V911 & V922
Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
I foreseen a V922 big brother edition in the near future.....
XiaoFeiJi is offline Find More Posts by XiaoFeiJi
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
How does this heli compare to the mjx-45 heli rtf version.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
47 Posts
How does this heli compare to the mjx-46 heli rtf version.
sergiopov is offline Find More Posts by sergiopov
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:25 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
all heli just not quadcoptors lol I don't know why I never owned one so his may change if I get a quad or try one out.
I also thought that a quad would not be cool, till I tried one they are fun
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:11 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
671 Posts
Hi FyreSG,

I would appreciate that you give me the length of the V912 without all blades. What is the length,width,height of the nice canopy.

Thank you
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2012
150 Posts
Is the V912 running something bigger than a 180 motor? If so, does anyone know what size? TIA

EDIT: I found this image and it looks pretty beefy, but still no idea what size it is...

aphex4000 is offline Find More Posts by aphex4000
Last edited by aphex4000; Jan 12, 2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:35 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,372 Posts
This appears to be a copy of the DH9116. Let's hope it is better quality. The aluminum frame and tail drive are troubling signs. WL Toys usually pays a lot of attention to problem areas.... but not this time.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14