Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:28 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstihls View Post
Who did you order from?
I ordered it from Banggood on Monday for $69. Today it is listed for $79. Not sure why the price changed.

My order status still says 'Ready to process'. I assume the delay is due to the Chinese new year holiday.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:50 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I ordered it from Banggood on Monday for $69. Today it is listed for $79. Not sure why the price changed.

My order status still says 'Ready to process'. I assume the delay is due to the Chinese new year holiday.
I've noticed most use Banggood. I ordered one last Saturday from ehirobo for $49.99. Is Banggood your personal choice? Have you had any experience with ehirobo? I don't see much about them on this forum. This is my first oversees purchase so I hope it was a good choice.
gstihls is offline Find More Posts by gstihls
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:55 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
590 Posts
Banggood is the cheapest shipped everyone else any post a cheaper price but then charge $40 shipping.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
246 Posts
I see... the shipping on my order was close to $40. I did a few phantom orders to see generally what the shipping costs would be (don't recall the sites) and they were all pretty close, give or take a few dollars. We live and learn right.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:33 PM
Joined Apr 2011
590 Posts
Yea I have a list of saves sites for rc parts and heli my first in the list is banggood then aliexpress then I go down on my list till I find the place that has what I'm looking for for the cheaper price including shipping.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:58 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
246 Posts
I'm looking at the solo pro 228P and F645 as well and the oversees prices are hard to beat, so I guess its time to start on my list. Can't wait to get my hands on this bird!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:27 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,016 Posts
My ER9X configurations for V912

As promised, my ER9X configurations are below.
Code:
Channel	Weight	Source	Switch
------------------------------
CH1	+100%	AIL
CH2	+100%	ELE
CH3	+100%	THR
    R	-100%	HALF	GEA	
CH4	+100%	RUD

Channel	Subtrim	From	To	Dir
-----------------------------------
CH1	0	-125	+125
CH2	0	-125	+125	INV
CH3	-54.0	-100	+100
CH4	0	  0	+125

Throttle Points: -100	-90	-45	+30	+85
Highlights:
  • Increased forward flight performance
  • Lift off at about 60% throttle
  • Throttle Hold is activated by "Gear" switch (at the top left corner)
I've never used the original 9X firmware so I'm not sure if my ER9X configurations would work on that.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:10 AM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
As promised, my ER9X configurations are below.
Code:
Channel	Weight	Source	Switch
------------------------------
CH1	+100%	AIL
CH2	+100%	ELE
CH3	+100%	THR
    R	-100%	HALF	GEA	
CH4	+100%	RUD

Channel	Subtrim	From	To	Dir
-----------------------------------
CH1	0	-125	+125
CH2	0	-125	+125	INV
CH3	-54.0	-100	+100
CH4	0	  0	+125

Throttle Points: -100	-90	-45	+30	+85
Highlights:
  • Increased forward flight performance
  • Lift off at about 60% throttle
  • Throttle Hold is activated by "Gear" switch (at the top left corner)
I've never used the original 9X firmware so I'm not sure if my ER9X configurations would work on that.
Thank you for posting your er9x settings! As you indicated in your previous post you did not have to do any mixing of the Throttle and Rudder and that is great.

Based on the fact that you have been able to get this working on the 9X and the fact that one of the members on the DH 9116 has replaced the PCB with the one from the V912, I've gone ahead and ordered one for my 9116. This is the only heli/quad that I have that I have not been able to use my 9x/er9x on. I have been able to use it on my V911, V929, my DIY quad and on the 450 heli that I'm working on. Looks like the V912 board will now allow me to use it on my 9116!
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:51 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
886 Posts
can't wait till we find the 912 BNF for 29.99. I am just dreaming right now .
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
590 Posts
^ super dreamer lol
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstihls View Post
I'm looking at the solo pro 228P and F645 as well and the oversees prices are hard to beat, so I guess its time to start on my list. Can't wait to get my hands on this bird!

I have also looked at the solo pro 228 specs as well. It appears to be direct drive tail motor and the flight characteristics seem to be about the same as the V912, but the best price I have seen is $109.

If you get one, please post your evaluation. I am very curious about the advantages of the direct drive tail motor, its reliability, and the "toughness" of that bird. I have over 30 flights on the V912 with no damage to date except for a few flybar dings on the tail motor boom - obviously doesn't effect of flying. I need to make a "bra" for the boom...lol.

I had the MJX 645 and it is a very good helicopter.

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Last edited by Crackup; Feb 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:50 AM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Looks like there are only four of us flying V912s so far. (tonytester, smileychris, desertfox and crackup). I think "jonboy" will be joining us soon! I hope you guys will keep posting your experiences and we can get this thread moving along. Maybe this thread will be as big as the V911 thread someday..lol

I am up to 32 flights with nothing exciting to report and my birds are still going strong. I fly one and hold the other in reserve except when I want to fly back-to-back flights, so I only have about 6 flights on my Mark II bird. I do have some flybar dings on the tail boom of the Mark I bird thanks to some pretty rough crashes when I was attempting to fly in 18 mph winds. Emphasis on "attempting". Helipal made good on my damaged transmitter and sent me a new one. It arrived in a little over a week - not sure how it got to Texas so fast as I did not ask for any special shipping - thought it would come by the slow boat. Still waiting for delivery of my Mark III bird which was shipped on 1-25 on the slow boat from a different vendor.

Still haven't heard of anyone flying the V9113. I suspect it will be a lot like the MJX 645.

Cheers and keep 'em flyin',

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:16 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
886 Posts
[QUOTE=Crackup;24102598]Looks like there are only four of us flying V912s so far. (tonytester, smileychris, desertfox and crackup). I think "jonboy" will be joining us soon! I hope you guys will keep posting your experiences and we can get this thread moving along. Maybe this thread will be as big as the V911 thread someday..lol

I am really enjoying the 912 I stopped at radio shack and bought some small LED light one flashin red for the rear green for right and red for the other left. i am going to use that extar socket next to the headlight.

this bird flies so good and sounds so real even my wife watched fromthe backwindow while I flew around the driveway in the dark.
WOW I really love it.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
I think "jonboy" will be joining us soon!
And me soon... Mine is in the UK eventually, but seems stuck.

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?tn=CP865590025HK

It was ordered over 2 weeks before the date on the tracking!
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:32 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Looks like there are only four of us flying V912s so far. (tonytester, smileychris, desertfox and crackup). I think "jonboy" will be joining us soon! I hope you guys will keep posting your experiences and we can get this thread moving along.
I took the v912 and v202 quad out for a spin the other day. The wind picked up and I still managed to keep the 912 under control - definitely had to fight against some gusts.

In windy situations, it is always a tossup between punching the throttle for better control versus keeping the heli low in case I crash or I lose the battle against the wind.

Anyway, no crashes
My second battery arrived, so now I can fly for a more extended period too. The battery life seems pretty good.
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris