Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:10 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,524 Posts
I'm not sure if the two boards are 100% identical, but they do appear similar. I did not experience any problems with the rudder. It was straightforward. I could share the setting later tonight when I knock off from work.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:19 AM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I'm not sure if the two boards are 100% identical, but they do appear similar. I did not experience any problems with the rudder. It was straightforward. I could share the setting later tonight when I knock off from work.
That would be great! I have just found a thread on our DH 9116 forum where one of the members has installed a v912 pcb on the DH 9116. I'm really curious now as to what your er9x settings are.
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:06 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I hooked up the V912 with my Turnigy 9X (flashed with ER9X firmware). It was a huge difference!

I increased the servo throw / range for elevator and aileron for faster forward flight and more aggressive banks; and more importantly, applied a throttle curve that made sense to me. Now, the heli lifts off at about 65% throttle, hover at 60%. I need to fine tune the settings more so that left and right banked turns "feel" the same. Unlike the CP helicopters that I'm used to, the V912 they does not turn the same way. This annoys me a lot.

I may share the settings if there's demand for it.
I would like the settings thanks
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:23 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
The cyclic return: The more you use the rudder stick, the more the elevator and the aileron servo return to neutral, independently of what you are asking with the aile/elev stick, trying to keep the rotor level. It is very helpful for beginners but the bank turns suffer a lot in quality. The F45 take more space to fly because it is fast, larger and doesn't bank turn normally, sliding more. I would say 500' x 500'.

The F45 transmitter permit full aile, elev,throttle,ruddr adjustment in %, not the V912 or F46. So robust, the F45 is a tank. Parts are available and cheap.
Just bought a third one there, to put a fuselage around, very satisfied. $83. with camera $104

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/110320

Go to my blog, click fauconnier, to know more about the cyclic return see my older messages.
Thanks for the info. I like the idea of independent adjustment of the controls. But the cyclic return and sliding turns is a bummer. I like doing banked turns with the v911 and would like to try that on a larger heli too.

$83 is a great price for the F45. And I see the V912 came down $10 in price on Banggood yesterday so that's good too.
Jonboy. is online now Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:39 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
ouch

great calm night 22 F 7:00 , having a great time zooming around the driveway. this time i left the light pluggeed in , kind of cool, I would like to install a blinking red light in the tail.
Any way I was alittle too high on the far side of thew drive and tangled really bad into a tree branch , I actually broke one rotor blade. glad I have the extra set plus I ordered a few from bg.
so one item actuallly broke ,long overdue for me.
tonytester
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:28 PM
CB100, 4#6, V911, V939, V912
Modesto, CA
Joined Jan 2006
207 Posts
912 tx

I know that the 912 tx can bind with the V911 and the V939, but does it have four rates like the V939 tx?
heligeek is offline Find More Posts by heligeek
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:13 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Well I did it, I ordered the V912. Cant wait to get it, should be fun. I ordered a 808 #16 camera too so that should be interesting. Hopefully its light enough (17 grams) that the V912 can take it up for some nice flight videos. If not, then I guess that will be a good excuse to add a bigger heli to the fleet.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:06 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligeek View Post
I know that the 912 tx can bind with the V911 and the V939, but does it have four rates like the V939 tx?
no it doesn't
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
fleet shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
Well I did it, I ordered the V912. Cant wait to get it, should be fun. I ordered a 808 #16 camera too so that should be interesting. Hopefully its light enough (17 grams) that the V912 can take it up for some nice flight videos. If not, then I guess that will be a good excuse to add a bigger heli to the fleet.
Nice move Jonboy. You'll like the TX with your v911 as well. The v912 is a flying lawn mower compared to the micros like the v911 cousin.

Here's my v912, along with the rest of the fleet...

I'm liking the v922 w/ FBL100 X-6S TX better than with it's own TX. Been flying micros more than anything cause it is too cold out and I freeze my nads off running the v912 outside! Also survived my first crash the other day so I can testify as to the v912 durability. It didn't hit snow/ice, thank goodness. It is like driving a bus compared to flying a CP micro. Fun but very, very different. Got 3 new 2S batteries in the mail today along with about 15 1S so I'll be flying lots more!
desertfoxx is offline Find More Posts by desertfoxx
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:54 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Did you get the D lens wide angle ?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:57 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Did you get the D lens wide angle ?
I ordered the one with the B lens.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:17 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Ohh ok let us know how it handles the extra weight.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:20 PM
Cloud Strife
United Kingdom, England, Oxford
Joined Dec 2012
38 Posts
My V912 arrived yesterday after ordering it from Banggood on January 25th

Once powered up and bound to the transmitter, the swash plate looks level to the naked eye and both servos are close as can be to 90 degrees out of the box

I did a brief maiden hover outside and all looks good

It's been way too windy here to chance a proper flight so will give it a go on a better day

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360178305.864585.jpg
Views: 173
Size: 81.4 KB
Description:
Acapulco Rolf is online now Find More Posts by Acapulco Rolf
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:30 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
that is long awaited video as nobody seems to attach 808 to this heli so far. I'm sure it will lift 808 with no problem. if video appears smooth I would order that myself and would look for a way to power 808 from heli's battery(if light voltage is similar to 3.7V I could power it from light socket) no to use resistors powering right from battery
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:14 PM
mSRx,Mini,130x,MCP,300x,V 450D0
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
Quote:
Who did you order from?
gstihls is offline Find More Posts by gstihls