HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
today while fly some low over ground missions I came out from under the table and the tip of the blades hit the plastic flower pot and cut a nice gash in the side. spraying black soil and pot chips all over the place. nothing happened to the heli besides hitting the ground. no nicks on the blades at all this was not the first blade bash. This baby is a flying buzz saw. Of course I did the right thing , I turned the pot around and vacuumed up the dirt with the little black and decker. no one will know,.
tonytester

Wanta bet? "She who must be obeyed" will spot it immediately. Gotta dog? Or Cat you can blame?

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:16 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I am trying to compare the specs of the V912 to similar sized FP helis like the DH 9116 and the MJX F46. For the V912 I have the rotor diameter as 400 mm and the battery as 850 mah. But I'm not sure what the flying weight is, can anyone tell me what the weight of the V912 is in grams?
294 gr without batt.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:19 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Wanta bet? "She who must be obeyed" will spot it immediately. Gotta dog? Or Cat you can blame?

Jim
already got that covered . my 2 grandsons are always sword fighting with helmets and shields and armor they might have done it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:23 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
anyway I am using the settings posted by #1ztoon13 for the v911. they work ok but one problem I'm haveing is that the back right knob should fine trim the tailrotor instead it turns both motors up and down. also on take off on N, the aileron pulls way right. this happens on both helis 911 and 912, so I have
had something entered wrong.. I would appreciate any help.
tonytester
Last edited by tonytester; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: 912 settings
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:01 PM
mSRx,Mini,130x,MCP,300x,4 50D03
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
260 Posts
I've debated picking up the V912 or the Double Horse 9117 for a couple weeks. Thanks to this thread (and a crappy review of the 9117) I ordered one today. Hopefully in two weeks I'll have a new heli!
gstihls is offline Find More Posts by gstihls
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:25 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Had a great flight today out in a large field. Noticed when I picked up a lot of forward momentum, clockwise turns became impossible (I could hear the rear rotor straining). CCW turns were obviously fine still. I'm guessing this is just all the juice going into the main rotor to keep the bird aloft, leaving no power for the tail?
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:47 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
I am trying to compare the specs of the V912 to similar sized FP helis like the DH 9116 and the MJX F46. For the V912 I have the rotor diameter as 400 mm and the battery as 850 mah. But I'm not sure what the flying weight is, can anyone tell me what the weight of the V912 is in grams?
You can find the proven big brother of the F46, the F45 for less money (Aliexpress). MJX F models return proportionally the cyclic to neutral when rudder is asked. It will help you a lot if it is your first single blade FP, a big +. IMHO it is what explains the success of the F45. At the same time. it will limit the flying possibilities for the experienced pilot.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:22 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
You can find the proven big brother of the F46, the F45 for less money (Aliexpress). MJX F models return proportionally the cyclic to neutral when rudder is asked. It will help you a lot if it is your first single blade FP, a big +. IMHO it is what explains the success of the F45. At the same time. it will limit the flying possibilities for the experienced pilot.
I'm not sure what you mean about returning the cyclic to neutral on the F45. Can you explain that?

Here is my situation: I have a couple V911s and I am very comfortable with them. I am looking for a bigger FP for my next heli so I can fly outdoors. I have narrowed it down to the V912 or the F45. I would consider the V913 it were available soon. The opinions of the owners are the most helpful. But being an engineer I cant help myself from comparing the specs. Here is what I have gathered. (Its suprisingly difficult to find specs for an apples to apples comparison):

V912 -
rotor diameter = 400 mm
weight = 294 grams + battery(?)
battery = 850 mah
flight time = 7-8 minutes
transmitter = high and low rates
cost = about $80

F45 -
rotor diameter = 533 mm
weight = 458 grams (with or without battery?)
battery = 1500 mah
flight time = ?
transmitter = high and low, maybe sub trim features (not really sure yet)?
cost = about $110

I think the V912 might be better sized for my backyard but a bigger heli has a certain appeal and I live only 1/2 mile from a park with open fields. Also, after seeing some of the aerial video taken from F45's I am thinking I need to get into that. That is too cool. Does the V912 have enough power to spare if I wanted to attach a tiny video camera to the belly? I am just getting into this and dont plan on getting an advanced transmitter. So whatever features come on the stock transmitters, that's what I will be using.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean about returning the cyclic to neutral on the F45. Can you explain that?

Here is my situation: I have a couple V911s and I am very comfortable with them. I am looking for a bigger FP for my next heli so I can fly outdoors. I have narrowed it down to the V912 or the F45. I would consider the V913 it were available soon. The opinions of the owners are the most helpful. But being an engineer I cant help myself from comparing the specs. Here is what I have gathered. (Its suprisingly difficult to find specs for an apples to apples comparison):

V912 -
rotor diameter = 400 mm
battery = 850 mah
cost = about $80

F45 -
rotor diameter = 533 mm
battery = 1500 mah
flight time = ?
cost = about $110

I think the V912 might be better sized for my backyard but a bigger heli has a certain appeal and I live only 1/2 mile from a park with open fields. Also, after seeing some of the aerial video taken from F45's I am thinking I need to get into that. That is too cool. Does the V912 have enough power to spare if I wanted to attach a tiny video camera to the belly? I am just getting into this and dont plan on getting an advanced transmitter. So whatever features come on the stock transmitters, that's what I will be using.

If you like larger copters and want to get into video, the MJX 645 may just be your cup of tea. I have had the MJX 645 and I liked it a lot. There are camera packages readily available for it. I don’t know if the V912 would be a good camera platform or not, but I do know that the MJX 645 is a pretty good one and is probably a better option if that is something you want to get into. It is also 5 inches longer and while that doesn’t seem like a lot, when you put the two side by side, it seems much larger. Many owners do all kinds of mods and I don’t recall anyone really bad-mouthing them. They cost about twice as much but parts are readily available. They are also pretty tough birds.

I have two V912s and another on order for roughly what I had in one MJX 645 and some spare parts that I never had to use. This way I can cycle through 3 flights and not have to fool with batteries or anything else. When I break one, I can fly the other two while waiting for parts.

My main reasons for liking the V912s a little better is because of the size and I “think” I can control it better plus I like the idea of only having to fool with one transmitter for my fleet of V911s and V912s. I like to just step out the door and fly around my yard and I really couldn’t do that with the MJX 645. Even though a fairly large field is only ¼ mile away, I found that I just didn’t get around to it very often and spent my free time flying the V911s in my yard instead. Conversely, I have 20 something flights on my V912s in just over two weeks (two today). Guess I am just lazy.

BTW, I will likely get a V913 when they become available if the transmitters are compatible and the reviews are good. Don’t ask me why, ‘cause I have no idea. lol

Cheers,

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Last edited by Crackup; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
The postal person put a note in my box today saying they tried to deliver 2 packages from HK... Funny cause I was here waiting and never heard a knock on the door... Anyway, flew the v912 a bit today. Sure is fun but I'm such a noob I'm thinking I should do the same and pick up 2 more spares.

Now I must wait until Monday to get my v922 spare parts, a FBL100 and a couple different v911 BNF to pair up with the v911 TX that are collecting dust while I use the v912 TX all the time for both.
desertfoxx is offline Find More Posts by desertfoxx
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:21 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
If you like larger copters and want to get into video, the MJX 645 may just be your cup of tea. I have had the MJX 645 and I liked it a lot. There are camera packages readily available for it. I don’t know if the V912 would be a good camera platform or not, but I do know that the MJX 645 is a pretty good one and is probably a better option if that is something you want to get into. It is also 5 inches longer and while that doesn’t seem like a lot, when you put the two side by side, it seems much larger. Many owners do all kinds of mods and I don’t recall anyone really bad-mouthing them. They cost about twice as much but parts are readily available. They are also pretty tough birds.

I have two V912s and another on order for roughly what I had in one MJX 645 and some spare parts that I never had to use. This way I can cycle through 3 flights and not have to fool with batteries or anything else. When I break one, I can fly the other two while waiting for parts.

My main reasons for liking the V912s a little better is because of the size and I “think” I can control it better plus I like the idea of only having to fool with one transmitter for my fleet of V911s and V912s. I like to just step out the door and fly around my yard and I really couldn’t do that with the MJX 645. Even though a fairly large field is only ¼ mile away, I found that I just didn’t get around to it very often and spent my free time flying the V911s in my yard instead. Conversely, I have 20 something flights on my V912s in just over two weeks (two today). Guess I am just lazy.

BTW, I will likely get a V913 when they become available if the transmitters are compatible and the reviews are good. Don’t ask me why, ‘cause I have no idea. lol

Cheers,

Jim
Thanks Jim, you make a lot of good points. I'll think it over a while.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
out door 912

got home tonight almost no wind after 4 days of 30mph gusts and snow.
I snoblowed the drive then went in and got out the 912.
with all the snow it was as light as day 8:45 22 F.
wow it flew like a dream great hover nice forward speed . I was impressed with the flight time about 7 min and I also forgot to crash.
I see jonboys point about the bigger heli I was really enjoying it. I did have the headlight disconected. I wonder if you can put a flasher on the circuit.
tonytester
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:08 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:

V912 -
rotor diameter = 400 mm
battery = 850 mah
cost = about $80

F45 -
rotor diameter = 533 mm
battery = 1500 mah
flight time = ?
cost = about $110

The cyclic return: The more you use the rudder stick, the more the elevator and the aileron servo return to neutral, independently of what you are asking with the aile/elev stick, trying to keep the rotor level. It is very helpful for beginners but the bank turns suffer a lot in quality. The F45 take more space to fly because it is fast, larger and doesn't bank turn normally, sliding more. I would say 500' x 500'.

The F45 transmitter permit full aile, elev,throttle,ruddr adjustment in %, not the V912 or F46. So robust, the F45 is a tank. Parts are available and cheap.
Just bought a third one there, to put a fuselage around, very satisfied. $83. with camera $104

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/110320

Go to my blog, click fauconnier, to know more about the cyclic return see my older messages.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:59 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,357 Posts
I hooked up the V912 with my Turnigy 9X (flashed with ER9X firmware). It was a huge difference!

I increased the servo throw / range for elevator and aileron for faster forward flight and more aggressive banks; and more importantly, applied a throttle curve that made sense to me. Now, the heli lifts off at about 65% throttle, hover at 60%. I need to fine tune the settings more so that left and right banked turns "feel" the same. Unlike the CP helicopters that I'm used to, the V912 they does not turn the same way. This annoys me a lot.

I may share the settings if there's demand for it.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:57 AM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
I hooked up the V912 with my Turnigy 9X (flashed with ER9X firmware). It was a huge difference!

I increased the servo throw / range for elevator and aileron for faster forward flight and more aggressive banks; and more importantly, applied a throttle curve that made sense to me. Now, the heli lifts off at about 65% throttle, hover at 60%. I need to fine tune the settings more so that left and right banked turns "feel" the same. Unlike the CP helicopters that I'm used to, the V912 they does not turn the same way. This annoys me a lot.

I may share the settings if there's demand for it.
Looks like the V912 PCB is very similar if not identical to the double horse 9116.

Here is the link for the V912 PCB from Banggood:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...6-p-60691.html

and here is the link for the DH 9116 PCB from Banggood:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Do...0-p-40984.html

Although the two parts look identical, they have 2 different sku numbers.

The reason why I ask all of this is because it looks like you have been able to get the 9x to work with the V912 and we at the DH 9116 forum have not been able to get the rudder to work properly with a 9x Tx. Everything else works but when we increase throttle position the tail motor goes to max rpm and the heli spins clockwise (nose right when looking from behind).

Did you have any rudder issues with setting up the er9x for the V912 or was it straight forward? Do you know if the above two PCB's are the same?

Mike
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc